• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yuji Horii: Dragon Quest 11 will be an offline game, for home consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_account

XP-39C²
Since PSV seems to be included in this shift with e.g. DQH2 and DQB I sincerely have my doubts it´s just about saving "consoles", instead of saving Sony in Japan for whatever reasons, bribery is just one of many possible reasons. Considering we are talking about a dying plattform (PS3), and two systems that are currently on life-support with one of them nameley PSV also not too far away of reaching the end of its lifecycle and the other (PS4) which is still behind even WiiU in Japan, a system that´s basically selling with the support of almost only a single publisher.
I doubt that there is any bribery going on (as in money under the table, if that is what you mean), but probably a business deal between Sony and Square Enix.

Watch XV, KH3, and DQXI all come out next year lol.
That would nice :)

Hexa

Why do you people care so much about which platform it comes out? It's not like you are shareholders.
I'm just happy to play a new offline dragon quest game, regardless of platform. (and a new rocket slime pretty please)
It would be nice if its not on 3DS, cause that screen is horrendous. But everything else a-ok.

Cause some of us are too poor to get all platforms and are hoping it comes out on a platform we have.

Hugstable

Banned
I have some extra cash. I was gonna buy a ps4 eventually. Should I just buy it today or wait until dqh

If there is another game thats out right now that you want I say go for it. If you are only doing it for Dragon Quest then wait a bit til everything is concrete. Tons of fun games already out though

HeeHo

I have some extra cash. I was gonna buy a ps4 eventually. Should I just buy it today or wait until dqh

I would get it now, I'm not 100% sure of your gaming tastes but I already feel like I have too much to play. It's like the opposite of last gen 360 for me.

Philippo

Watch XV, KH3, and DQXI all come out next year lol.

Two of those definitely are for next year.
I expect XV worldwide and DQXI, for the 30th anniversary, for japan only (West version sometime the year after).
Then '17 for KH and FFVII.

Now would be a great time: there's a lot of amazing titles for each genre, and if you wait to 2016 you'll end with even more great games and start with a backlog right from the beginning.

I would get it now, I'm not 100% sure of your gaming tastes but I already feel like I have too much to play. It's like the opposite of last gen 360 for me.

Totally agree.

Wereroku

If there is another game thats out right now that you want I say go for it. If you are only doing it for Dragon Quest then wait a bit til everything is concrete. Tons of fun games already out though

Sounds like they want it for DQH. I would wait till closer to October at least. I am guessing the price will be dropped soon.

maxiell

Especially in Japan most publishers don´t make such a huge distinction between consoles and handhelds.

It must be bribery that the creator of Dragon Quest wants to make a console game using the kinds of assets they made for Dragon Quest Heroes?

I don't know why you are talking about Vita. No one has suggested it is getting DQXI.

Is it safe to say that perhaps the experiment that occurred with DQX of making it from conventional turn by turn single player game into a subscription based MMO online game was a failure by DQ standards?

Is it safe to say that perhaps the experiment that occurred with DQX of making it from conventional turn by turn single player game into a subscription based MMO online game was a failure by DQ standards?

Nope, as of last year it had 300,000 daily players and over a million total sales. Think of it like Final Fantasy XI or XIV, the games are considered full numbered games in the series but the point wasn't to make all the games after that MMOs.

L Thammy

Dragon Quest X still exists. People can still put money into it. There is no reason to replace an MMORPG every few years; expansions can perform the same function for much cheaper.

It took nearly a decade for Final Fantasy XI to be replaced.

KiTA

He just announced it..

If you wanted it to be on the PS4...

If you wanted it to be on the 3DS...

You're both walking away happy. Apparently a dual release.

KiTA

Yay! My 3DS will be happy!

And it looks awesome, too:

OAS7Ba6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom