• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yumi's Odd Odyssey (Umihara 3DS) confirmed for NA via eShop by Natsume, in early 2014

6 more screenshots, this time focusing more on Emiko:
http://tinycartridge.com/post/65442032833/yumis-odd-odyssey-screens-one-day-later-and

EDIT: Switched out the potentially more spoilery screenshot (Showing one of the paths) for a relatively innocuous one. Check out all 6 shots in the link above if you're not worried about that kind of thing.

8Y7wliY.jpg
2yYfhku.jpg

QxPEjcf.jpg
JEgjp8V.jpg

rjc571

Banned
Why are they releasing screenshots that spoil the locations of alternate stage exits? :\

Should have just release screens of the top screen only.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wow, I didn't see this news until now. Awesome. Would prefer a physical release, but if digital is all there is, whatever. Still so, so bought.

cj_iwakura

Natsume were pretty great at localizing quirky gems out of the blue(see: CIMA The Enemy), so I'm glad they're keeping up the trend.

Alas Atlus, we knew ye well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Was about to make a thread on this. Cool to see that it's coming out next month, considering how it was announced not too long ago (Oct 28th). Now I just wonder how much it's going to cost.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I love the level design in the Umihara series - the multiple exits made for speedrunning in particular... but unfortunately I'm terrible at them :( Could never grasp the grappling mechanic all that well.

rjc571

Banned
I should probably mention that the game is mostly UNPLAYABLE in 3D, as it frequently drops from 30 fps to 15 or even lower. So don't even think about touching the 3D slider when you play the game. It holds 30 fps pretty solidly in 2D, which isn't ideal but doesn't hurt the game too much outside of a few instances where you need split-second timing.

ohlawd

Buying this based on GAF hype.

There isn't anything else coming out in January so I'll pay whatever price Natsume puts up.

Linkark07

Banned
Hmmm, first time I hear of this franchise. Might buy it though, it seems interesting and also it would help supporting Japanese localizations here in the west.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dang, was hoping this was update was a release date or price. At the very least, considering it's suppose to be Jan., hopefully we'll hear about it about next week.

Drago

Seems like a game I'd be interested in based off of screenshots. Price depending, I may pick this up next month along with Chibi Robo.

Late edit: watching gameplay videos, this seems right up my alley. Will buy for sure!

zroid

Banned
The music is so chill. After playing the Super Famicom title a few months ago at a museum exhibit, of all things, I'm really excited to check this out.

Jackano

English name is cool. Odd is the least to say for describing the world of realistics fishs sprites.
Anyway it is indeed an odd game I discovered when watching GCCX.

ohlawd

Come out already.

Do you know what my 3DS is doing right now? Picking up Streetpasses for the Bravely Default demo from my 2nd 3DS.

I still get nervous about this thing actually coming out. If it doesn't soon I might do something silly like use this eShop credit on Senran Karuga.

I'll be picking this up day one.

I fell in love with this franchise the first time I saw it on Game Center CX. So happy I'll get to play it.

eojoko

Was kind of disappointed with the art design and thought they might have made it weird for 3DS... nope, this is how it's always looked apparently.

JIIEd6D.png

7AX5Azv.jpg

Going to read impressions first, but I'm looking forward to this releasing.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Anything more than $15 guarantees this will be a complete failure in terms of sales. There's just no way.

I'd buy it for $80.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I kind of hope it's $15, maybe $20 max. I'll most likely wait for a sale if it's any more than that, especially considering my backlog & budget. Hopefully we'll get a price & date next week.

ohlawd

I got $35 sitting in my eShop account so I'm good.

lol unless it turns out to be $40 but I'll pony up either way.

Top Bottom