• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yumi's Odd Odyssey (Umihara Kawase) is out on Nintendo eshop for 3DS!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Yeah, the PSP version is widely regarded as a bad port and it was so bad that Natsume dropped plans to bring it overseas, back in the day.

The DS compilation was fine, though, so I don't know why they didn't jump on that one.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
Yeah, the PSP version is widely regarded as a bad port and it was so bad that Natsume dropped plans to bring it overseas, back in the day.

The DS compilation was fine, though, so I don't know why they didn't jump on that one.

The DS was in the crapper in the U.S. by that point. Everyone was abandoning ship.

@MUWANdo

Banned
The DS was in the crapper in the U.S. by that point. Everyone was abandoning ship.

You're right, and as I skim the release dates of a lot of old DS games I'm realising that the market didn't hang on for as long as I thought it did, but even so, you've sometimes gotta wonder how some of these publishers pick which games they localise and when.

Natsume in particular brings over some really odd stuff sometimes--not just quirky stuff like Umi or the Artdink games or whatever, but ports of Kemco iOS JRPGs and all sorts of unremarkable dreck that no-one seems to care about not even notice. I know smaller publishers can't simply pick and choose what to bring over and that personal relationships count for a lot, but I'm still amazed to see what some of these publishers end up bringing overseas.

Top Bottom