• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Z.O.E. 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Krev said:
Gurren Lagann is a good show and Evangelion is not?
Kids these days.

People can't stand the arty touches, the atypical character arcs and the protagonist being an often pathetic anti-hero.

Don't look at me - I said both shows are bad.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
AlphaDragoon said:
Or people have different opinions other than yours. Shocker.
Uh, fine?
It's a joke, mang. People are hating on Eva left, right and center here, anyway.

Krev said:
Uh, you'd been pretty much saying the exact opposite thing through this thread.

Was making a joke. The "good natured family friendly Eva dissing" part was kind of a tip off.

But being the last I'll say on it (since we're off topic), I dislike it, you like it, and nothing either one of us says is gonna change the other's mind. Agree to disagree.

Thoraxes

Ookami-kun said:
Spoken like a true newbie!

Nothing can match the beauty that is Daimos.
No, i'm not a newbie, I just have bad taste recently is all due to the lack of good shows as of recent. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the classics like Daimos too, just in recent memory I loved TTGL is all.

When I go on nostalgia lane years from now, my opinions will probably be totally different.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
AlphaDragoon said:
Was making a joke. The "good natured family friendly Eva dissing" part was kind of a tip off.

But being the last I'll say on it (since we're off topic), I dislike it, you like it, and nothing either one of us says is gonna change the other's mind. Agree to disagree.
That's all well and good, but I thought it was obvious that everyone was joking around. No need to act all offended.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
And it's one of his better works. None of the stupid conundrum.

People who are fans of EVA prolly never even watch old mechas.

No, I've actually seen a significant amount of old-school mecha (VOTOMS, All 80s gundam series with the exception of ZZ, Macross and a number of others) and I'd say Evangelion is significantly better than most of the shows listed - better paced, better directed, better characterization etc.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Lafiel said:
No, I've actually seen a significant amount of old-school mecha (VOTOMS, All 80s gundam series with the exception of ZZ, Macross and a number of others) and I'd say Evangelion is significantly better than most of the shows listed - better paced, better directed, better characterization etc.

Real robots, hah.

Also you said EVA is better than VOTOMS, you ma'am (sir?) are crossing the line.

Thoraxes said:
No, i'm not a newbie, I just have bad taste recently is all due to the lack of good shows as of recent. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the classics like Daimos too, just in recent memory I loved TTGL is all.

When I go on nostalgia lane years from now, my opinions will probably be totally different.

Honestly are there even good anime shows lately even? The only thing I am honestly enjoying right now is Digimon Xros Wars but that's an acquired taste (you really need to enjoy old mecha shows to appreciate that one). Toriko seemed good but then you realized it's super censored compared to the magnificent manga.

Anyway we're going off topic, so I'll flee.

Beth Cyra

Ookami-kun said:
Honestly are there even good anime shows lately even? The only thing I am honestly enjoying right now is Digimon Xros Wars but that's an acquired taste (you really need to enjoy old mecha shows to appreciate that one). Toriko seemed good but then you realized it's super censored compared to the magnificent manga.

Anyway we're going off topic, so I'll flee.
I enjoyed Aquarion, but that was adimitedly a pretty bad Getter Robo/G rip off Sailor Moon esk Villain of the Week triumphed by Marry Sue action.

Okay I just liked the idea of another group taking on the Getter theme.

Takao

Banned
QuiteWhittle said:
Vita gets the ZOE collection.

As well as the MGS Collection. The Japanese version (which doesn't include Peace Walker) has a transfarring logo on its box, indicating Vita compatibility.

Despera

Banned
I'm not sure how to react to this.

Please be a spinoff or a port rather than a proper sequel!

Yeah I know there's no way it's gonna be a sequel.

Raonak

Banned
I have a feeling it's a upgrade like MGS3DS.

Hmmm....

Since the ZOE collection has the Transfarring logo. which means there as a vita ZOE game. somewhere.

Krev said:
That's all well and good, but I thought it was obvious that everyone was joking around. No need to act all offended.

Oh, I'm not offended. It's all good, man.

I really hope this isn't some Kojima trolling like a visual novel or some other shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom