• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avixph

What if someone of the dungeons are like the Ocean Temple in Phantom Hourglass I'm that we have to return to theme at various points in 5he game?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
People have no doubt discussed this idea in here before. But in one of the treehouse videos Link gives an apple to his horse but a dog snatches it, the dog then has the 'bonding' effect over its head. Dog/animal companions confirmed?

I remember when Aonuma said that TP was going to have a lot involvement and interactions with animals (the second trailer showed a bit of that) but then they completely dropped it for some reason.

Vidiot

4 main dungeons is fine as long as there's a decent final dungeon to go along with it. I want the final boss to have his own dungeon. So I guess I'm saying I hope for at least 5. Lol

Gbraga

What if the new Zelda amiibo they showed unlocks that? Aonuma specifically put Zelda and Link's amiibos together and pointed out that Zelda also wears a blue tunic and has the Sheikah Slate, so maybe?

Oh, really? I was not aware of that.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

PrimeBeef

4 main dungeons is fine as long as there's a decent final dungeon to go along with it. I want the final boss to have his own dungeon. So I guess I'm saying I hope for at least 5. Lol
No one has confirmed any specific amount of dungeons yet. Just that there are less than normal and more than none.

Here's what he says:

Skyward Sword had what, 5 dungeons, right? Aonuma acknowledges that this game will have fewer dungeons than normal, which means that we can infer that it has fewer dungeons than SS did. Otherwise, he would have said that there's no need for concern because BotW wouldn't deviate much on dungeon count from other Zeldas (even if he didn't provide a hard number).

The first part of your quote is the interviewer, not Aonuma. You should make that clear. Aonuma never acknowledges that there are fewer dungeons, though he does imply it I guess by not correcting the interviewer.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Hyrule Castle is probably gonna be the final dungeon.

Again.

I remember when Aonuma said that TP was going to have a lot involvement and interactions with animals (the second trailer showed a bit of that) but then they completely dropped it for some reason.

So your point is that in a version that is semi-complete they're going to outright drop a feature?

HylianTom

Banned
What if someone of the dungeons are like the Ocean Temple in Phantom Hourglass I'm that we have to return to theme at various points in 5he game?

I'm wondering if Something Big happens after the 4 obvious dungeons are completed, revealing a part of the story where other dungeons are unveiled.

You go into the giant Guardians. That's 4 dungeons. And Hyrule castle for 5.

I wanna say a link to the past. And maybe even it's sequel.

The latest trailer showed quite a few other indoor type of locations that look nothing like the "mech" areas also shown in the trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other dungeons, maybe necessary to reach/restore the Master Sword? So far the only reasoning we can see for 4 dungeons is the 4 pillars and 4 beasts, yet nothing has been confirmed there.

iFirez

Outside of Twilight Princess what other Zelda's have Hyrule Castle as the final dungeon? I'm struggling to think any others.
Ocarina and Wind Waker both have Castle Like final dungeons and you revisit the location of Hyrule Castle to get to these.

A Link Between Worlds final dungeon is Lorule Castle so it's the dark version of Hyrule Castle. Minish Cap ends with Dark Hyrule Castle too.

I don't think we'll have to worry about dungeons and places to explore being an issue in this game. There look to be tons of places to discover inside and out with the Goddess statues, inside death mountain,(obviously) etc. Aonuma said it himself in the same interview that thus us the ultimate and most complete Zelda to date so with that will come all of the lovely staples. Just without most of the conventions we're used to.

Caelus

I think there will be a distinction between formal, labyrinthine dungeons and more natural, environmental dungeons - just like the distinction Ocarina of Time made.

The inside of Death Mountain, the bottom of Lake Hylia, even the Zonai Ruins in the Game Awards gameplay - these are all places ripe for plenty of exploration and combat.

amnesiac

Does the Wii U version look like that, or is it the one with link shooting his bow? Really like the Switches box art.

Looks like they're both going to have the same box art!

91aNorZQGpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

WillyFive

Looks like they're both going to have the same box art!

The specific shade of blue that they picked for Wii U box art also being a shade of blue that gets completely ruined and blown out when websites convert the image to a different format is one of the many baffling mistakes of the Wii U branding.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't really get hung up on numbers too much. Majora's Mask has the least amount at 4 but it also had the most engaging Zelda gameplay outside of them, and BotW looks to be similar. Other games like Twilight Princess have a ton of great dungeons but they're by far the standout of that whole game when you look at the other parts. If anything I can see the other games as a bit too rigid in that regard while the shrines and general exploration can mesh all the elements together more.

Plus less bigger dungeons can mean a lot of things. You can't just dismiss a number, they may have made those theoretical 4 much more complex due to the whole structure of the game. Much as I love Zelda dungeons you basically know what to expect, progress to a miniboss, get item, use item to get through the rest and kill the boss. BotW seems to give a lot of items through other means.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Sorry, but I can't wait to see what kind of final dungeon Castle they manage to cook up in HD on a big open game like this. Maybe we've done the whole castle thing a bunch of times before, but not like this. They could do some really cool stuff.

Onikaan

I don't really get hung up on numbers too much. Majora's Mask has the least amount at 4 but it also had the most engaging Zelda gameplay outside of them, and BotW looks to be similar. Other games like Twilight Princess have a ton of great dungeons but they're by far the standout of that whole game when you look at the other parts. If anything I can see the other games as a bit too rigid in that regard while the shrines and general exploration can mesh all the elements together more.

I agree.

I feel that even if there are only 4 Dungeons, The world is so large this time around that you won't running into them very often (Unless they you perhaps do nothing but a main quest playthrough) and I'm more than ok with that.

I can't wait to see what they look like.

zeldablue

Regarding that trailer, we really wanted to create, using the music as well, this dramatic flow—and I think we achieved that. But in terms of the overall tone of the game, I wouldn't say that it's especially dark. Similarly to Ocarina of Time, it's quite an all-encompassing story. There's humor, there's moving parts, there's dramatic parts. But Breath of the Wild, overall, isn't darker than previous Zelda titles.

Okay...

dead-hand.jpg

tumblr_mlymd5A4lK1rs612uo1_500.gif

5rMai1U.jpg

So...about this dark, Aonuma? e___e

Im pretty sure we had matthewmatosis threads years ago

Well, that one is new to me and I really enjoyed it. I was sharing it so others who haven't seen it can enjoy it also.

In the back of my mind, I'm wondering this, too. Dark-Light? Past-Future? Flooded-Unflooded?

I'm still wondering if Nintendo is hiding something.

If they have some kind of world changing dynamic, like the "Light World/Dark World/Time Travel" tropes - this will be the greatest Zelda game of all time, hands down. Just imagine that there are 4 dungeons in the regular world - and 4 completely new dungeons in the other "world" - that would give us 8 dungeons plus a final and that's perfectly okay by me, not to mention the 100+ Shrines!!

One can hope, right?

Has he given his thoughts on BotW? I'd very much like to hear them having watched his videos.

Same here :) to my knowledge, no. So far he's said nothing about Breath Of The Wild and he should, since he nearly 100% nailed what a perfect Zelda game should be and that's pretty much Breath Of The wild from what we've been seeing!

so i really like Zelda's voice at the beginning of the game, but her voice in the new trailer is just ok. Still like it better then the hyper over dramatic japanesse one though

Is there any word whether this game will have dual audio on the Switch, because I'm really digging the Japanese voices! Since I don't understand most of the Japanese language, it would kind of fit-in with the Zelda world, since characters speak in languages that I also don't understand and just hearing it while reading the text was a nice balance. At least this time if it was Japanese voices, it would make it more realistic and involving.

I really hope there's dual audio!

balohna

My only fear is that it might be slightly similar to Skyward Sword. I'm not sure why, but everything that happened outside of the dungeons was a horrific mess to me. I hated every second of Eldin's and Faron's "overworld." The dungeons were my refuge and basically redeemed the extremely bad low points of the game (Running around the mountain and running around the forest playing fetch.)

On the plus side...the team that worked on the Lanayru section was A++. Hopefully BotW strays away from all of the stupid ideas that SS had and only digs out the good stuff.

Yeah, I agree. I thought SS had great dungeons, solid boss fights, fun combat, but meh everything else. I kind of liked Skyloft though.

den

So I was watching some of the footage that gamespot posted from the beyond the plateau demo and noticed that in one of the videos while the raining is falling that the bomb arrows fuse doesn't get lit and the arrow instead acts like a normal arrow. when link goes under the cover of trees and fires again, this time the fuse is lit and it acts just like a bomb arrow.

So I was watching some of the footage that gamespot posted from the beyond the plateau demo and noticed that in one of the videos while the raining is falling that the bomb arrows fuse doesn't get lit and the arrow instead acts like a normal arrow. when link goes under the cover of trees and fires again, this time the fuse is lit and it acts just like a bomb arrow.

That's pretty cool! do you have a link?

Eylos

Banned
So i was Reading about the amiibos, and i have two questions,
What the link Archer, Rider, New Zelda etc do in this game, was this revealed?

And another one, the Wolf link that is created, his life is based on the life of your TP HD save, otherwise It Will have 3 hearts, so all Wolf Links on the switch Will have 3 hearts then?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

And another one, the Wolf link that is created, his life is based on the life of your TP HD save, otherwise It Will have 3 hearts, so all Wolf Links on the switch Will have 3 hearts then?

amiibos have data saved to the actual statue. So I'm assuming that information will be accessible to either system.

The amiibos, apart from the wolf link, all have a very minimal functionality, which is providing fish, meat, etc one time a day if you scan the amiibo. I don't know what the guardian or bokoblin amiibo do. But all of them are minimal things that serve no big purpose to the game.

I don't think the data of your amiibo is system bound, so you'll most likely be able to play with a 20 heart wolf link on the switch version

Thanks! Its very interesting how the weather will play a role in how you play.

Holy crap that's some detail! When's March again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom