• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of the Wild Master Edition Revealed

WarAdept

But where has it been stated that regions other than the US aren't getting the 24 track version, or are you considering that a sampler?

Hasn't been stated, but if it's 24 tracks, I'd consider that a sampler in terms of game OST's.

...and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sound Selection CD for a suggested retail price of $99.99

Which is an absolute rip, considering I just bought the FFXV complete OST (which has 96 tracks) and a bunch of other OST's for ~$40 AUD or less.

I felt so lucky when I got the Majora's Mask 3DS CE with the Skull Kid statue.

It's cool and all, but doesn't really make my life any better. I won't miss that sword.

The CD on the other hand... glad I got the Special Edition!

KamelRed

Neo Member
Lucked out having a friend with an Amazon Prime sub able to pick me up a copy of the Special Edition. All I really wanted was the game and carrying case so for $80 it was a no-brainer.

Spinifex

tG1GHOl.png

$190AUD for a terrible statue, "sampler" CD, a coin and a map. I'm pretty sure that briefly had the version with the case up but then downgraded it but the price stayed the same. The best part is that it's sold out, smh.

wtf, the case was the whole reason I ordered it. Tell me you're joking.

Damn. Are the eBay prices legit on the Master and Special editions? Yikes! I wonder how many of those sold listings are from legit buyers though? Crazy times.

wiibomb

just to post here, I have an special edition preordered with amazon prime, if anyone with prime preodered the masters edition but want the special instead, PM me, we could swap orders since I want the figure.

I'll still look at amazon to see if that edition come up again

Damn. Are the eBay prices legit on the Master and Special editions? Yikes! I wonder how many of those sold listings are from legit buyers though? Crazy times.

Should be solid if seller knows what they're doing. They can set parameters on who can bid/win their auction based on reputation and past behavior.

With that said, Ebay is cracking down on pre-orders...to a degree. They want people to push these auctions within 30 days the game releases. Normally, the buyer can put in a claim after 30 days saying they didnt receive an item. While this could happen to any number of peope selling this on ebay, their claims will get denied on account of buyer putting release date as 3/3/2017.

Regardless, a lot of these are selling FAST on ebay, faster than ebay can take the auction down (at which point, ebay has to honor the transaction between the buyer and seller since it was completed)

Vibed

I wish I could swap my Master Edition to Best Buy to take advantage of the Visa Checkout combined with GCU...that would be a steal! :p

Ah well, Prime discount will do.

I agree with a lot of people here saying this special/master edition stuff is junk. I mean who gives a shit about the coin/map/cd first off (please stop making coins Nintendo, they are utterly useless). The "value" is in the case and sword. The case is gaudy and the sword looks cheap af like a soft rubber. Even if it wasn't wouldn't we much rather have a character statue?

Maybe it's just me. The best things in special editions to me are usually artbooks/steelcases but then that isn't $130.

Glass

This is the version I want here in the UK, no bad quality statue, no sample CD or whatever it is.

5730400_sd.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

I think if the normal game the US artwork I would settle for that, but the EU cover just pales in comparison.

wiibomb

I agree with a lot of people here saying this special/master edition stuff is junk. I mean who gives a shit about the coin/map/cd first off (please stop making coins Nintendo, they are utterly useless). The "value" is in the case and sword. The case is gaudy and the sword looks cheap af like a soft rubber. Even if it wasn't wouldn't we much rather have a character statue?

Maybe it's just me. The best things in special editions to me are usually artbooks/steelcases but then that isn't $130.

I love artbooks and steelcases, but they are as useful as a coin, don't fool yorself, and also stop thinking that if something is not "useful" it shouldn't be done, I love this special edition as well as many others considering they sold in mintutes

oatmeal

Banned
I'm less bummed about missing out on the statue and more the black box. That's fucking dope.

I will have to find the box only afterwards.

Lynd7

Hm so its possible the CD is less than 24 tracks outside the US? If thats the case I think I'll just cancel my order here in AU.

I'm toying with doing that anyway.

I'm still deciding which version I want to keep.

I have the master edition pre-ordered through GameStop. Total cost with shipping was $149.79.

I have the special edition pre-ordered through Best Buy. After GCU and free in store pickup the total was $85.59.

I tried to pre-order the master at Best Buy, but it was gone too fast (noticed about 5 minutes after it went up). So... is that plastic sword worth the $75 difference???

WarAdept

Hm so its possible the CD is less than 24 tracks outside the US? If thats the case I think I'll just cancel my order here in AU.

I'm toying with doing that anyway.

Just buy the full OST from YesAsia or something for $40AUD when it comes out.

That's what I'm doing.

darthbob

I have the master edition pre-ordered through GameStop. Total cost with shipping was $149.79.

I have the special edition pre-ordered through Best Buy. After GCU and free in store pickup the total was $85.59.

I tried to pre-order the master at Best Buy, but it was gone too fast (noticed about 5 minutes after it went up). So... is that plastic sword worth the $75 difference???

imo, lolno

Others may find that the sword does have value to it, but having seen what it's like I'm happy with the special edition pre-order.

I don't wanna be that guy, but make sure you don't cancel any orders. You can do something with the one you decide not to keep.

just to post here, I have an special edition preordered with amazon prime, if anyone with prime preodered the masters edition but want the special instead, PM me, we could swap orders since I want the figure.

I'll still look at amazon to see if that edition come up again

But why would someone? I'm confused...

wiibomb

But why would someone? I'm confused...

There are a lot of people here who rather have the special over the masters, because they don't like the figure (I do), but could either preorder only the masters or saw the figure after the preorder they made and decided to not want it.

So, as a person who wants the figure, but didn't had the chance I thought that may be someone want to swap now that there is no chance for either

wiibomb

I know you are right, but I don't want to deal with ebay scammers/etc.

I'm preeeety sure you can sell it here on the Buy\Sell\Trade thread for a little more price and someone would buy it.

I would suggest you not cancel it, may be even offer it to another poor soul here who couldn't order one?

I'm preeeety sure you can sell it here on the Buy\Sell\Trade thread for a little more price and someone would buy it.

I would suggest you not cancel it, may be even offer it to another poor soul here who couldn't order one?

I've never even thought of the buy/sell thread (or been there), thanks for the suggestion.

archvile7

Only available for pickup on few areas

Ah, gotcha. I pre-ordered the day after I pre-ordered the Switch at BB too, with no hassles. I hadn't checked on the status of the special edition since but I saw where the Switch pre-order is sold out everywhere.

Top Bottom