• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda game set in Link to the Past world coming to the 3DS, holiday 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maedhros

Holy shit... my excitement dropped to below 0 seeing the artstyle... HOLY FUCKING SHIT, why the hell they couldn't do it in 2D? :(

Xellos

Been wanting a new top-down Zelda for a while now, and this looks pretty great. I really hope they include LttP in this as well, although maybe that's too much to ask.

Not feeling it.

zelda58uk4.gif

Yikes this looks bad. Hype destroyed.

People bitching about the art should take a look at the Gamecube game Four Swords.
That just recycled sprites and tiles from the SNES game.

At least this has new graphics, the depth should prove interesting, and I'm liking the look of Link.

I like the art style in the overworld but not in the dungeons. Ugh, where's my MM remake Nintendo. :(

Still cautiously excited though.

Mistle

the art style looks like the LttP concept art, which is what so many people have been wanting. looks so damn good to me.

the 3ds is so good ugh what the hell!

RSP

Hey guys what's going on on the gaming si----

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everybody-dance-now-funy.gif

People complaining about the graphics need to deal with it. Honestly, you know zelda games all have different visual styles to each game, and this looks pretty close to a 3D rendering of LttP while keeping the visual style. LttP was not a colorful game-- it was dark and muddy. That didnt stop it from being a good game, though.

On a side note, it looks like it's using the same engine as YI2.
I'm stoked nonetheless.

I for one, am glad that this is a 2.5D game. Its also nice to see Nintendo changing things up over the years, instead of making the exact same thing every time.

Chris R

Liking the idea of a new mobile Zelda game, but man those graphics are rough. I'll still be buying it when I can find a good deal on it though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
These knee-jerk reactions happen every single time a new Zelda game is revealed.

"The Wind Waker HD doesn't look like The Wind Waker"
"Skyward Sword is too inconsistent with its art style"
"Twilight Princess is too dark"
"The Wind Waker is too cartoony"

I don't care what you think happens every time a new Zelda game is revealed. People are allowed to hold the opinions they hold. If you want to discuss stuff or disagree with them, feel free. But if you want to aggressively badger people and get upset because they don't think what you think, don't bother posting.

jett

D-Member
wat

Strange to say the least. So Aonuma is done with recycling ideas from previous games, he's going to be straight up recycling entire worlds? :p It looks okay, I don't see the point in revisiting ALTTP.

As a Nintendo fan and a Zelda fan, I am fucking mad. What the hell are they doing playing with legacy to try and create Paper Zelda? What the fuck is wrong with Nintendo?

Is this actually real? What the hell? What the fuck made them do this?

Why do I own this console?

Not sure if serious? They took LTTP and made that art style 3d but still top down.

What is there to hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom