• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses - full 2017 tour schedule, on sale in select cities

Oh man I feel conflicted wether to go or not. On one hand it's going to be in London on November so that's nice. But on the other hand I would have uni and I would not know my schedule until October. But then it's Zelda music. But it's also pretty far I might need to get someone to go with me.

Thankfully it's on November so I have time to think it out

marrec

Banned
You should at least browse through your venue's ticket selling page and see how many seats are already reserved. You may have to purchase sooner if your intended seating area is close to selling out.

Yep, most of the best seats for the Pittsburgh date were sold out by the time I bought tickets Yesterday so I had to settle for a lower tier ;_;

illusionary

oh cool, no other countries than the US, UK, Chile, and Argentinia.

There's one date in each of Germany, Italy and Spain - but yes, the tour is very highly focused on the US. I'm personally hoping that we'll see a few more UK venues added, as I can't justify a trip to Birmingham or London, but there was a Manchester concert added to the tour for last year.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm not sure what the deal is, but the Paramount does seem kinda... Oh well, bought tickets anyway (at $100 a pop, too - ouch).

Yeah, disappointed it's not Benaroya.

How did you get tickets btw? I tried to order but it said tickets don't go on sale till 21st.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah, disappointed it's not Benaroya.

How did you get tickets btw? I tried to order but it said tickets don't go on sale till 21st.

Use the code in the OP to purchase, several places are doing pre-sales right now if you enter the right passcode.

traveler

Not Wario
Use the code in the OP to purchase, several places are doing pre-sales right now if you enter the right passcode.

Thanks. Have no idea how I missed that. Actually went back and reread the OP after seeing that they purchase thinking I might have missed a code like that and still didnt see it.

sfried

Please don't holler during performance, guys.

I hope to be able to attend one of these performances, but unfortunately my schedule doesn't permit me, and am close to DC, the an out of country trip later this year. I also hope if I get to attend, the crowd would at least be curteous enough not to yell even when something exciting is being shown on screen.

tjhin

Neo Member
Bought 2 tickets to watch with my son :)

C_Sdb7_VoAAFgUF.jpg:large

Went to the Minneapolis show tonight and it was just as good as the last time they were here in Minnesota. A worthy way to spend an evening if you are fan at all of the music.

Great fun, and the audience really got into it.

Lucreto

This was quietly announced for Dublin, Ireland. It wasn't on this year's schedule and luckily I heard about it on the radio last Monday.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Holy shit Melbourne? Yes yes yes!

Couldn't go last time because it was only in Sydney.

Gonna see if my sister wants to go with me.

Paz

Kind of annoying that they didn't announce Aus dates with the 'full' schedule initially, and then doubled down by announcing the two Aus sessions at different times.

I have tickets to the NZ session now and will turn it in to a mini NZ visit/holiday, not totally bummed obviously but it will be winter so not an ideal time to do it and certainly more expensive than an overnight down to Melbourne.

Went to the Minneapolis show tonight and it was just as good as the last time they were here in Minnesota. A worthy way to spend an evening if you are fan at all of the music.

Great fun, and the audience really got into it.

I was there last night too. Good fun. Brought my wife who isn't a big Zelda fan. The Skyward Sword suite was perhaps my favorite.

But to be honest, there were far too many songs from the previous tour and the 25th anniversary CD. I want to say like only 30% of was something I haven't heard before.

I was there last night too. Good fun. Brought my wife who isn't a big Zelda fan. The Skyward Sword suite was perhaps my favorite.

But to be honest, there were far too many songs from the previous tour and the 25th anniversary CD. I want to say like only 30% of was something I haven't heard before.

I agree - I was expecting there to be more new songs/arrangements.

The Skyward Sword suite was awesome, and I really enjoyed the Twilight Princess one as well. Both sort of illustrated how little memorable music there is in Breath of the Wild.

chrixter

I had a front row seat at the Wolf Trap show in Virginia on Saturday. Fantastic experience despite the neck soreness from looking up to watch the screen most of the time. I was hoping for more music from BotW but what was there was great.

Setlist spoilers:
At the end they played an incredibly powerful arrangement of BotW's Goron City instead of Gerudo Valley. It was one of the highlights of the night, for sure, even though that song isn't particularly one of my favorites. Their rendition was that impressive.

weekev

Banned
Man the order of the tour dates is crazy. They could save a ton of money if they did the tour in a logical way rather than the higgledy piggledy way they are traversing the globe. Unless they have multiple orchestras performing the same music.

If nobody has ever been, do it.

I went last year with my gf and we both admitted that it was one of the most amazing experiences in our life. I'll never appreciate video game music like I did hearing it in full Orchestra then.

I couldn't even count how many times the hairs on my arms stood up and how many times I stood up and clapped like everybody else did, and I don't clap at anything.

I had a front row seat at the Wolf Trap show in Virginia on Saturday. Fantastic experience despite the neck soreness from looking up to watch the screen most of the time. I was hoping for more music from BotW but what was there was great.

Setlist spoilers:
At the end they played an incredibly powerful arrangement of BotW's Goron City instead of Gerudo Valley. It was one of the highlights of the night, for sure, even though that song isn't particularly one of my favorites. Their rendition was that impressive.

All I really would want to hear is
the Rito Village theme and/or the Tarrey Town theme. Like you, Goron City is one of my least favorites
. I feel better about not buying tickets now.

illusionary

Man the order of the tour dates is crazy. They could save a ton of money if they did the tour in a logical way rather than the higgledy piggledy way they are traversing the globe. Unless they have multiple orchestras performing the same music.

They do in fact recruit local orchestras for each location

Zips

Would be neat to attend, but the only ones there seem to be now are $90+ per ticket. No go for that price.

traveler

Not Wario
Anyone else attending the Seattle one tonight?

And, for those that have been recently, what's the program been like?

theaface

Looks like the London one hasn't been fully sold. Got an email about 2 for 1 tickets between now and the 10th october:

http://click.emails.axs.com/?qs=2f0...90b02699512e3b3d682ac237d3e53df22c016655f8895

Donno if the link will only work once. Concert 21st November.

Isn't that almost unheard of given what that does to piss of people who have already bought full price tickets (like myself)? I did click the link and it just said tickets not on sale yet - no mention of the 2 for 1.

Jonnax

Isn't that almost unheard of given what that does to piss of people who have already bought full price tickets (like myself)? I did click the link and it just said tickets not on sale yet - no mention of the 2 for 1.
Here's a pic of the email I was sent.Though it does also mention 15%.

If I recall correctly the tickets were really quite expensive when you got closer to the front.
Edit: Yepp, a lot unsold. But hey they're charging £140 and £100. Those pretty damn expensive.
Not sure if there's any mention of who the orchestra is as well.

Lucreto

Usually it's tickets they can't get rid of.

I heard it advertised on the radio for the Dublin concert this morning, the tickets went on sale in July.

I looked online, stall seats row Z may have restricted view. €90

TannerDemoz

Might give this one a miss. Went to the last 3 and I don't think the program will be too different given there aren't many 'stand out' tracks in BOTW?

(I'm probs overdoing it!)

Might give this one a miss. Went to the last 3 and I don't think the program will be too different given there aren't many 'stand out' tracks in BOTW?

(I'm probs overdoing it!)

Looks like they upgraded Skyward Sword as a full movement. I'm gonna assume the Breath of the Wild segment will be a full version of the Switch Conference trailer music, cause that shit was dope.

TannerDemoz

Looks like they upgraded Skyward Sword as a full movement. I'm gonna assume the Breath of the Wild segment will be a full version of the Switch Conference trailer music, cause that shit was dope.

Never played it, but I do remember one of the tracks they played last time absolutely blowing me away.

There's so many concerts in November. Streets of Rage composer is doing a live DJ set in London and I also believe there's a FF Distant Worlds concert too – will probs go to that instead.

Top Bottom