• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma |OT| Skip the first two games? Nein Nein Nein

Joey Ravn

Banned
I posted this in the spoiler thread, but got the hell away from it once I saw that people weren't tagging their spoilers... (
no, spoilers should have been marked. It was in the OP!
).

I'm doing the
Biolab
area with Team Q and I noticed something funny related to the status screen:
all the characters look like chibi or toy versions of themselves. I don't remember seeing those "avatars" with the other teams, but maybe I missed it
. Kinda funny. I hope it gets explained later on.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Oh god this is all I'm going to be thinking about today and tomorrow at work. It's so close I can taste it.

Letep

My Amazon copy (watch bonus) isn't updating at all. I thought they were going to release the game with the watch to follow later?

I think I do remember playing a bit of 999 actually a while back on DS. Is that the only system the first one is available for?

It's also available on IOS, but it's HIGHLY recommended that you play 999 on the DS.

The IOS version sadly cuts out all the puzzles, and without giving anything away, a certain plot twist works far better on the DS.

Kyonashi

God I want this, VLR was a day one buy for me, but it not being a EU physical release and the amount of games I have half-finished at the moment means I think I'll be waiting a couple of weeks.

Gonna bash out Oxenfree, REmake, and Dark Souls III and then import a Vita copy.

Hope I stay spoiler-free! I won't be checking this, or any other ZTD threads after tomorrow, haha.

Atolm

From the Steam page, the PC version seems rather solid, with nice AA settings. So I think I'm going PC this time.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Uh. Any help with Team Q's B
iolab
? I've already got
the tray with the "orange, blue, white... and dishes..." inscription, but I don't know how to progress. I think I've tried clicking on everything, but there's nothing that allows me to input any numbers (the pills kinda look like numbers for each color) or put the liquids into containers.

Gears

Sooo, I should go out and get 999 and vlr right? Been looking at this trilogy and ghost trick to fill my handheld needs

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's also available on IOS, but it's HIGHLY recommended that you play 999 on the DS.

The IOS version sadly cuts out all the puzzles, and without giving anything away, a certain plot twist works far better on the DS.

lol wut?

I guess that'd be a nice version if you're replaying the game for a quick story refresher, but that's silly.

Eusis

My Amazon copy (watch bonus) isn't updating at all. I thought they were going to release the game with the watch to follow later?
Yeah well, there's what the publisher wants to do, then there's what the retailer will actually do. This is one of those areas where GameStop being focused on just games and related merch (and having a brick and mortar store space) helps, in that they can properly accommodate odd situations like this. Amazon's probably got too many people to work through and some would probably go "no, we need to save on shipping so only when it's all together."

mankoto

Uh. Any help with Team Q's B
iolab
? I've already got
the tray with the "orange, blue, white... and dishes..." inscription, but I don't know how to progress. I think I've tried clicking on everything, but there's nothing that allows me to input any numbers (the pills kinda look like numbers for each color) or put the liquids into containers.

Get the piece of paper off the box. The game is pretty picky about where you click it.

Neil_J_UK

VLR is one of my GOATs, and I'm currently playing through 999 on iOS as I never played it first. Yes, yes, I'm one of those people - I started VLR on a whim as it was free on PS+ and couldn't put it down.

Now, is there a website that recaps each different ending in VLR? As I can't remember all of them, and I wanna get straight into ZTD as soon as I'm done with 999.

Sooo, I should go out and get 999 and vlr right? Been looking at this trilogy and ghost trick to fill my handheld needs

100% yes.

Don't even think about touching this until you've played 999 and VLR. Jumping straight to this game would be like opening a book and reading it from a random page.

Oh yeah noooo to mobile lol

I'm anal so I'd prefer to have them all for one system, but I can get trophies for VLR and ZE... just something I'll deal with :p

Well, rumour has it that 999 might be coming to the Vita (and STEAM). So maybe wait a bit for a possible announcement?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Get the piece of paper off the box. The game is pretty picky about where you click it.

Oh, crap.
I totally forgot about those! I wish notes were included as items as well as entries in the log, at least for the duration of the room.
Gotta try that when I get back from work ;)

Pedersen

As a hype booster, someone created a fan album full of remixes from the first 2 games.
https://jordivdh.bandcamp.com/album/ciphers-silence-zero-escape-remixes

Been listening to it the last few days in anticipation.

Thank you for this. I'm listening while thinking about that I'm actually gonna play Vol. 3 soon. I'm actually gonna play Zero Escape Vol. 3. This last year has gone by in a flash, a lot faster than I expected since the announcement, and I'm as hyped as I've ever been now listening to the best soundtrack. What's killing me now is that I have to decide if I want to play right away or wait 11 days for my summer vacation where I can play uninterrupted like I did the last two which was all I did for a week. Will be madly difficult seeing this thread everyday if I decide to wait:((

How is the 21:9 support on the Steam version btw? Hope it's not gonna be stretched or something

UKPf9bn.jpg

So apparently Amazon is just lagging behind. There's still hope

Letep

Yeah, I just checked with Amazon customer service. They're completely in the dark about the situation.

The game isn't shipping separably from the watch.

Top Bottom