• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma: first trailer released [3DS and Vita 6/28, Steam TBA]

GSR

English version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8z9yogpeUA
Japanese version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Zg5X2Ab6U

Sounds like the GDC embargo also just went up.

http://kotaku.com/everything-we-just-learned-about-zero-escape-3-1765374818

Steam release confirmed as well, if a mod could update the title.

6/28 release on 3DS/Vita. Steam version will be day-and-date in Japan according to Famitsu, but no word on timing for the English Steam release yet.

A highlight from the Kotaku article (click through for more):

Kotaku said:
Make sense? No? That’s the idea. Explains Kirk: “The characters don’t know where they are in the timeline, and neither does the player. When you complete a segment it goes into the larger decision tree, which tells you where it actually happens in the story. So the idea is, you play a fragment, the fragment plays out, then you go back out to the floating fragment screen and it shows you where the thing you just played fits into the narrative flow. You might start a fragment and see only two characters, but not yet know how the third died. Then you’ll play the earlier fragment later, and learn what happened.”

Kotaku said:
The demo we watched started with
Sigma locked to a chair while Zero monologued at him. Phi was next to him locked inside an incinerator. Diana stood between them and had to make the choice.

The cutscenes are in 3D, with a moving camera and actual in-game objects. The gun next to Sigma’s chair has 3 live rounds and three blanks. If Diana pulls the trigger it’ll shut down the incinerator whether or not the bullet is live, but she has a 50/50 chance of killing sigma. In 3 minutes, the incinerator will start and kill Phi. If Diana pulls the trigger, the door will open but Sigma has a 50/50 chance of dying.

CdtcO33WoAE5Xkk.jpg:orig

Soriku

Blood, blood everywhere.

Having never played the games does that look good to people?

Presentation wise? Yes, it's an improvement over the last two. Everyone is playing it for the story and the story looks like it'll be great.

kewlmyc

Cool, there's some locations I recognize from the other games.

Voices kinda suck though, to be perfectly honest. Hopefully they're better in the final release.

Zhao_Yun

Wow, I didn't expect them to announce a release date already. June 28th isn't too far off as well, which is amazing!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
1. O H M Y G O D i haven't even watched the trailer and i'm flipping out

2. I guess the PC release didn't get cancelled after all hahaha

septicore

AWESOME.

With the release date at the end of the trailer, I can now manage myself to replay the first two games in the series just before the release of this.

PC?? Oh man. I still haven't finished 999, does it get good after you get a few endings or something because I don't see the fuss.

Gonna pray for 999 and VLR Steam now.

Ridley327

Steam release? Hot damn I am there!

999 and VLR could possibly come too? Today is a good day!

VLR really has no major issues and could be ported as is. 999 would be...interesting if kept intact, so that would require a bit more work if they didn't want to port over the mobile version.

Top Bottom