• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZOE2 (reprint) was $19.99 from konami.com AND IT SOLD OUT (BUY THIS GAME MORANS)

Surreal

Great game, probably one of PS2's best visually.
the battle at the end with like a thousand enemies was so great.
Like other people have said, if you haven't played it, buy it now.

Dahbomb

demi said:
And the whole Zero Shift thing is always hyped, but it's really useless.
That statment is far too idiotic to be anything other than a bad attempt at sarcasm. :lol

demi
DO NOT BELIEVE MY GAME IMPRESSIONS
(Today, 10:17 PM)

:lol :lol :lol

Angelcurio

If you call yourself a gamer, go and get the game now

anubisqg3.jpg

C4Lukins

People keep telling me to buy this game, but the first one was just so freaken bad. I just refuse to support the potential consequences of perpetuating the industry into a cycle of making bad ass sequals to shitty games.

jett

D-Member
C4Lukins said:
I just refuse to support the potential consequences of perpetuating the industry into a cycle of making bad ass sequals to shitty games.

What.

GET OUT

Support the ZOE3 dream, damnit.

LJ11

I've been looking to pick this up from Gamequestdirect, but I can't pass this game up at 28 bucks. In for one.

Kangu

Banned
The game runs at 30 afaict. Still one of the best 'experience' games of the gen. It's just something you have to play and though short, definitely something you can be proud to have.

rkenshin

I'd buy it if it was the special edition that every other major region got except North America..

I ended up buying DMC3 twice due to that clever marketing move along with the whole MGS series (Integral [Import], Substance and Subsistence)

demi

Dahbomb said:
That statment is far too idiotic to be anything other than a bad attempt at sarcasm. :lol

demi
DO NOT BELIEVE MY GAME IMPRESSIONS
(Today, 10:17 PM)

:lol :lol :lol

Ok, so tell me your side of the story - why is Zero Shift good?

I think the game is good, but there's several things wrong with it. Zero Shift being one of them.

Dahbomb

demi said:

I think the game is good, but there's several things wrong with it. Zero Shift being one of them.
For one I don't know how anyone could've defeated the Anubis boss fights without using Zero Shift on Hard mode. Zero Shift made that boss fight a lot more manageable and "possible". Against regular enemies Zero Shift is INFINITELY better than any other sub weapon in your arsenal, you can teleport behind enemies and lay them to waste with LITTLE effort.

When you get Zero Shift, suddenly masses of enemies are ridiculously easy and are killed off fast because you can teleport behind them, charge a Burst 360 slash before they even know WTF happened. Zero Shift also allows the player to navigate an area quickly, getting from point A to Point B faster (there is also a puzzle late in the game that makes great use of this). For carry over weapon play, this weapon makes the higher difficulties extremely fun and exposes weaknesses on enemies that aren't apparent to begin with. Of course it doesn't make the harder difficulties a walk in the park but for people who aren't hardcore but want to replay ZOE2 since they loved the game, this is a great way to navigate through the game's areas and numerous fights.

The question is not whether Zero Shift is "good", it's whether it's balanced or not because once you get it there is VERY LITTLE incentive to use anything else. Thankfully you get it fairly late in the game. Once I get Zero Shift, aside from the Anubis boss battles I barely even got scratched by the regular enemies.

Now I await your claim as to why Zero Shift is useless.... Oh and did I mention that regardless of whether a person thinks its useless/overpowered it's one of the coolest abilities in a game ever? How many games actually let you move at that rate?

datruth29 said:
I bought this game twice at FULL PRICE. What does that make me, huh?!?!
It makes you a gamer with a huge
e-
penis.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
demi said:

Zero Shift is far from a negative. Wether its overpowered or not is up for debate, but...it does help you navigate the area much faster, dispose of enemies quicker, and stand a chance against Anubis (especially on the higher difficulties...T_T).

GET THIS SHIT PEOPLE!!!!

Or you get a sword to the face like the raptor in my avatar.

This is the greatest mech game ever.

NOT amored core
NOT Gundam crap
NOT chromehounds
NOT custom robo

It's ****in ZOE2. BUY IT!

kenta said:
Just got around to watching this and I've changed my mind, way too much anime

Haha sucks for you, more copies for my friends ;p

But seriously, doesn't it just piss you off when a company decides to put in nicely animated scenes instead of lame ass CG crap like the first game?

Menaged

Zero Shift is over-powered, but you get it very late in the game, so it doesn't really matter. I just love it - For once, you can deal with tons of enemies without any trouble. :D

Both Kojima and Murata are busy right now so I don't know if it would be a good thing if the next ZOE was really already in development.

Support good games non stop high speed robot action ... or something like that :lol anyway this game has like the best mech gameplay engine i just wish that this engine was used for more games.

That dude above me is chat complete shat, imagine a game where you can fly, boost in any direction, got lasers from afar, sword close up and can also do a energy blast (think dragon ball z)

Oh yeah its made by hideo kojima the dude that made metal gear.

Danj

Brobzoid said:
I can't believe people don't care about the PALers. where is the love for the PAL ver men? The PAL ver is given the royal Kojima covertion treatment! LOVE AND CHERISH IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH!

where are all the european gaffers when you need them?

OK, well since everybody seems to be saying this game is doubleplus awesome, and as somebody mentioned it IS out of stock everywhere in the UK (except used if you want to play double price), I have sent an email to my contact at Konami UK to ask if there'll be a PAL reprint. I'll let you know when I get a reply.

Luckett_X

Banned
I got a copy of this on GAF's sole advice a few months ago. Risky of course, but the pay off? Probably the best hi-speed Mech action games I've ever played. More people need to play this game and stop being so hesitant about it. It's control scheme is probably one of the best I have ever got to grips with in a game. Kojima wasn't kidding around about it opening up the entire 3d space in a game.

ZOE3 would be a catalyst for me getting a PS3 for sure, and with the sixaxis adding yet more control possibilities I have no doubt it'd be an amazing game. I'd like to see it set on a Future Earth though, as the desolate landscapes of Mars and so forth were good for ZOE2, but imagine lush green vegetative environments with a vibrant sky and a god damn crazy insane mech war. Ohhhhhhh.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Stop hyping now, thanks. I'm not gonna go in with extremely unpossible expectations, it will kill it :(

Danj said:
OK, well since everybody seems to be saying this game is doubleplus awesome, and as somebody mentioned it IS out of stock everywhere in the UK (except used if you want to play double price), I have sent an email to my contact at Konami UK to ask if there'll be a PAL reprint. I'll let you know when I get a reply.

Thanks man, I liked you already. Now I'm growing attached <3

IT'S A TRAP!

Is this game worth $27.99? Maybe, for the graphics. But it's not the second coming like everyone here makes it out to be. Average action game with cool effects, nothing more.

Luckett_X

Banned
blame space said:
Average action game with cool effects, nothing more.

I just dont understand how you can call this game an average action title. It does everything it sets out to do well, and is CERTAINLY in the top bracket of action games this gen. There just arent that many incredibly better action titles above it for it to be lumped in any kind of mediocre category.

Petrarca

Banned
blame space said:
IT'S A TRAP!

Is this game worth $27.99? Maybe, for the graphics. But it's not the second coming like everyone here makes it out to be. Average action game with cool effects, nothing more.

I disagree with you. This game is among the top 3 action games out there, the other 2 are the usual suspects.

Dahbomb

kenta said:
Just got around to watching this and I've changed my mind, way too much anime
Did you like NOT watch the game play sequences? The anime parts in the actual game are very few (like CG cutscenes in some games) and 90% of the game is done with the game's in-game graphics.

And yes this game is top 3 best action games of current-gen with the other 2 "well known" action games above it.

Danj

blame space said:
Is this game worth $27.99?

I guess you missed the part where somebody said these were going on eBay for like $80 or something. Assuming that's true, it means that EVEN IF you buy the game and end up hating it, you can more than double your money by flogging it off. Seems like a win-win situation to me!

keanerie

I paid 35 dollars for this mostly off of GAF hype and it was a downright amazing experience. This is game is an orgy of visual stimuli and stylish robot ass kicking. Don't hesitate, especially at this price.

Dahbomb

Danj said:
I guess you missed the part where somebody said these were going on eBay for like $80 or something. Assuming that's true, it means that EVEN IF you buy the game and end up hating it, you can more than double your money by flogging it off. Seems like a win-win situation to me!
Exactly.

I have to plug this Japanese trailer in. Everything about the ending is SO Kojima like. :)

Top Bottom