• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi U rated in Taiwan as Zombi for XB1, PS4

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ah yes finally! Now I don't have to borrow or buy a Wii U to play this and BTW eat crow all of you who said this will never happen due to how the game was designed for the gamepad.

Nosgotham

Are people really wanting to play this game?

Fuck yeah. I'm excited to see what the differences are. I loved zombiu, felt like a fresh breath of air in the survival horror genre. I can understand if someone never put time into it that they may think it was just a generic Zombie game.

I hope this sells well because I have been wanting a sequel since 2012

Or Zombie. I hate the spelling Ubisoft picked, my brain keeps thinking "zom-bye".
They were kind of stuck since they were using a really old IP, their first ever game IP as a matter of fact.

brainpann

Awesome! Ice actualky been wanting to finish this game and migh wait to do it on PS4. Glad more people willbe able to enjoy it.

KHlover

Banned
This better have a smartphone companion app simulating the gamepad function, wouldn't recommend without second screen.

Volotaire

I could imagine smartphone integration through a bespoke app being another possible solution as well as the PS Vita and Smartglass. Or, they will just adjust it entirely.

SmokyDave

I just need to hear the withery strings on the loading screen and I'll class the port as perfect. Couldn't give a shit how they deal with the second screen stuff, but those loading screens were phenomenally atmospheric. It better not load too quickly.

Mononoke

Banned
One of my favorite games on Wii U. While I think the gamepad was actually immersive and was cool, I always kind of wanted the option to just use a traditional controller set up. I'm there Day One.

Edit: I can understand people's concerns about how the gamepad added to the tension of the game. They will have to make some tweaks to zombies I think, to fix that.

Game always seemed quite mediocre to me from reviews and videos.

Interested to see how they workaround not having the gamepad.
That seemed kinda integral to the game experience.

AWESOME

This amazing game deserves a second life!

ehhh it was a neat novelty but certainly not a necessity

KHlover

Banned
Vita functionality would make this the definitive version.

Yep. But they still wouldn't get around a smartphone companion app for those without a Vita.

Anyways ZombiU already looked pretty nice on WiiU (that lighting *-*)

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0154s68.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_013ekg7.jpg

Just imagine how it could look in 1080p with some AA, better textures and some tesselation *drools*

Brannon

Good. Hopefully these versions will get rid of the input lag inherent in the Wii U version. Only flaw in an otherwise awesome game.

Wiz

I liked the game but I'm still salty that I wasn't able to finish it due to a game breaking bug that removed one of the key items needed at the end. :/

Ivan 3414

This better have a smartphone companion app simulating the gamepad function, wouldn't recommend without second screen.

I don't think a smartphone app will be as responsive to the reapective consoles as the Gamepad is to Wii U. I don't see that app tracking your map position at all times, for example.

Was just about to pick up the Wii U version for $5 because of all the great things I've heard on GAF, but the constant cricket bat usage that I've seen has been a bit of a turn off. I'll wait and see if this port has any sort of gameplay additions.

Are the gamepad features anything to write home about?

Hopefully there's more melee weapons than just a cricket bat this time.

Yeah, I would love more melee weapon options. They can be limited use while the cricket bat is unlimited. I would mind more firearm options as well. I hope they offer different gameplay modes for different types of players.

Yep. But they still wouldn't get around a smartphone companion app for those without a Vita.

Anyways ZombiU already looked pretty nice on WiiU (that lighting *-*)

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0154s68.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_013ekg7.jpg

Just imagine how it could look in 1080p with some AA, better textures and some tesselation *drools*

I'm thinking they will release a PC version. I hope that we can remove the chromatic aberration and lens dirt.

Hex

Banned
I have it for WiiU but have not gotten very far or put alot of time into it but it definitely has potential.
Always thought that UBI dropped the ball by not following up on it

Was just about to pick up the Wii U version for $5 because of all the great things I've heard on GAF, but the constant cricket bat usage that I've seen has been a bit of a turn off. I'll wait and see if this port has any sort of gameplay additions.

Not really

They ARE cool but very underutilized. You do see the seeds of what could have been with the WiiU Gampad.

This game will still play like a dream with a traditional setup

AS for teh Cricket bat.... yeah its only your go to option in the beginning since ammo is in such short supply. Once you make it out of the starter area you start collecting all kinds of shit and the game just explodes into awesomeness

You still have to manage resources but it becomes such a fun an integral part of the game

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
If true, every one should try this out. Game is so fun, the atmosphere is amazing and the inventory system and death mechanics are just great.

One of the better survival horror games to release recently.

Neff

Pretty crazy, guess it goes to show people that said it wasn't possible to update the game to play without the gamepad.

Oh it was always possible, but the experience will suffer for it.

Also I want a lot more content if I'm going to purchase this again. The game was rather short. Some more melee weapons would be nice, too.

Xater

It really isn't. Making it work without it should be quite easy.

Nosgotham

They game pad really made the experience more immersing and I think not having those feature will lessen the experience. Also, if you play the game correctly you will have a lot of guns and a lot of ammo as well as leveled up weapon skills. You rely on your cricket bat for kills at first but midway through the game you just use it to soften up enemies or crowd control.

People are that desperate for games on the PS4 and XB? This game was shit on the Wii U. It was buggy, boring clusterfuck that's typical UbiSoft shovelware.

greg400

Banned
Honestly the majority of the gamepad functionality could be replicated with a transparent GUI on the main screen, so it's not surprising they managed to port it over.

KHlover

Banned

From what I remember:

AR Scanner
Inventory
Codepads of all kinds
map

It's a pretty integral part of the game. You could probably replicate all those functions on a regular controller, but you'd lose a lot of the charme the game has as a result.

Honestly the majority of the gamepad functionality could be replicated with a transparent GUI on the main screen, so it's not surprising they managed to port it over.

The entire point of using the gamepad was that you have to divert your focus away from the main screen. If anything a non-transparent GUI would be needed, but that would still not be the same. Vita and Smartglass are what you need here. Or a smartphone app.

Why was there a U at the end of the WiiU version anyway? I never understood what that title was trying to say.

Nintendo games whether it's from Nintendo or third parties in general have this. It signifies that it's a game for that platform. Why is it there? I don't know, but it's been there for ages.

Super _____, ______ 64, and _______ U.

Top Bottom