• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Edge really liked the Gamepad usage, this game is clearly not for everyone.

As i sad earlier today, this game will be either love or hate. No road in between. Reviewers will have quite a hard time with this game, because of that factor. So i expect all kinds of scores.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
zombyu is ebter than cod because cod doesnt have realistic zombies.

Diman

What are the sporadic online features supposed to be bringing to the table in ZombiU?
Comparing it to COD is pretty ridiculous.

But they are still reviewing an incomplete game. They haven't tried everything the game has to offer, but they still incline on giving it a grade.

Do you think reviewers get swayed by early reviews and alter their scores? like if IGN saw GS' 4.5 and they decide to make their score a point or two lower. I've always wondered what effect, if any, these early reviews have on other reviews. It's not like these guys are super professional journalists, they're just like us.

Between the pedofile and the GameSpot controversy this is the most interesting NeoGaf thread of my existence.
Saying a girl who looks like she's in her late teens is hot doesn't make someone a pedophile but that's another topic.

Effect

Still confused why no one mentioned the miiverse or online?

Miiverse isn't out yet it seems. Nintendo has been late getting the update to press units. I get the feeling they're waiting until tomorrow to make the update available. They might not want any bit of spoiled and don't care if it upsets the gaming media.

Edit: Really beaten. Should learn to refresh the thread before replying.

LuchaShaq

Banned
But they are still reviewing an incomplete game. They haven't tried everything the game has to offer, but they still incline on giving it a grade.

Once you charge money for something it's on you if it's complete or not. Don't like it? Don't charge till it's 100% ready.

hatchx

Banned
What are the sporadic online features supposed to be bringing to the table in ZombiU?
Comparing it to COD is pretty ridiculous.

I wasn't comparing the modes, I just didn't realize reviewers went ahead with reviews before getting access to all the features. With regards to Miiverse, I have a slight idea how it works, but I don't get how it integrates with Nintendo Land and online interaction/leaderboards certainly makes a game last longer.

I'm not sure what ZombiU has in this regard.

Blame Nintendo not the reviewers.

I absolutely do. The way they have handled the press for the launch of this system has been awful. I think journalists and press alike should simply hold off on reviews without full functions. I don't know whether that screws consumers or not, but it does give games less press. Embargoing games until launch day and not having features up until launch....why do I get this impression this company is scrambling to get everything ready?

Anyways, ZombiU, I'm still pretty excited.

Ein Bear

So anyone read the Edge review? Would love a messy summary of it.

I got my copy in the post this morning. Basically, they praise the atmosphere, and the tension that the permadeath mechanic adds. They make the comparison to Dark Souls and say how good the 'survival' aspect of the game is. They really like the gamepad stuff too.

On the downside, they say that the endgame is a bit disappointing (gets a bit fetch-questy, apparently) and some of the later enemies start wearing body armour/running/exploding on contact, and can push the difficulty level slightly into unfair territory.

Pretty positive review all round though, and sounds like they really enjoyed the game.

Ridley327

I wasn't comparing the modes, I just didn't realize reviewers went ahead with reviews before getting access to all the features. With regards to Miiverse, I have a slight idea how it works, but I don't get how it integrates with Nintendo Land and online interaction/leaderboards certainly makes a game last longer.

I'm not sure what ZombiU has in this regard.

The only Miiverse features ZombiU has are the standard ones, so being able to post on its message board while the game is paused and sharing screenshots.

Dartastic

I got my copy in the post this morning. Basically, they praise the atmosphere, and the tension that the permadeath mechanic adds. They make the comparison to Dark Souls and say how good the 'survival' aspect of the game is. They really like the gamepad stuff too.

On the downside, they say that the endgame is a bit disappointing (gets a bit fetch-questy, apparently) and some of the later enemies start wearing body armour/running/exploding on contact, and can push the difficulty level slightly into unfair territory.

Pretty positive review all round though, and sounds like they really enjoyed the game.
Good. The survival aspect is what most interests me. What's the gamesmaster review?

MasLegio

Banned
I just wanna say that I have not prepurchased any wii u.

My wii has collected dust for at least a year so I see no reason to buy a new one and that you people take games way way to serious.

Also ZombiU is a highly overrated game that feeds off your souls.

bring it on fanboys

NateDrake

I could have sworn I had little control over my character outside of shooting. I thought the graphics were surprisingly good, although the art was eh
You have total control over the character.

My wii has collected dust for at least a year so I see no reason to buy a new one and that you people take games way way to serious.

bring it on fanboys
So why post here?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell! Is gamemaster respectable?

It's the most sold UK Mag after Edge I think. They do tend to inflate their scores though. I remember buying their issues when I lived in Cyprus.

There was an issue where they were talking about MGS4 and questioning why Snake had a patch on the wrong eye, thinking Solid Snake was Naked Snake.

Grakl

bring it on fanboys

Congratulations.

bring it on fanboys

Your mother would be proud

What the hell! Is gamemaster respectable?

not really.

I am somewhat disheartened by the reviews, but I'm hopeful that I will get some enjoyment out of the game. the worst that can happen is that it's a complete disappointment, in which case I'll just trade it in toward something else.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
There was a roundtable last week on Gamekult.com, 2 journalists of the site gave super positive impressions on Zombi U, and one didn't like the pace of the game.

Just to say one score can be arbitral, not only from site to site, but also from people from one same site.

It's the most sold UK Mag after Edge I think. They do tend to inflate their scores though. I remember buying their issues when I lived in Cyprus.

There was an issue where they were talking about MGS4 and questioning why Snake had a patch on the wrong eye, thinking Solid Snake was Naked Snake.
Lmao, damn. They probably skipped every cut scene in every metal gear and just reviewed the gameplay. I like it.

Teknoman

bring it on fanboys

Its already been brought.

iggMbH0oa3i3s.gif

D-e-f-

Banned

bring it on fanboys

So I guess I'll be fine since I've sold my soul a long time ago :)

Where did the Gamesmaster score come from? Havent seen that anywhere until Eggman mentioned.

captainnuxj1p.jpg

The only score that matters.

:p

There was a roundtable last week on Gamekult.com, 2 journalists of the site gave super positive impressions on Zombi U, and one didn't like the pace of the game.

Just to say one score can be arbitral, not only from site to site, but also from people from one same site.

It's sad that this needs pointing out still. We should all know this by now which makes all the hubbaloo about this one terrible review kinda crazy (that it came out first probably didn't help either).

BlankaBR

Banned
Honestly I think Darksiders 2 is a better deal to get than ZombiU, its not a Zelda but it seems to be a good game and the WiiU version will have all dlc s available

dochuge

Guys,

I hate fighting games, I think they are positively dreadful. I would simply not enjoy well-made fighters like Tekken, Virtua Fighter, etc. I would score those lower than the average gamer. Not sure why everyone is freaking out based on ONE review from a gamer who apparently prefers fighting games. This is just NOT his style of game. And that's ok but I'm not sure why they would choose him to review it. Did they pick straws?

Look, I love survival horror: limited ammo, scrounging for supplies, slow deliberate game play, oppressive atmosphere. I want to hear some one who is a legitimate survival horror fan to chime in on this game. I know some people think Jim Sterling is a troll but the man is giddy and knows well this genre. Would love to hear his take on this game as well as others who enjoy this style of game play. If they don't like it that much then we've got problems BUT fully expect more positive than negative reviews on this one. Paid off, first game I'm playing tomorrow, no doubt.

Sanctuary

New experiences vs Traditional experiences

Progressives vs Conservatives

Kind of doubt it's just that considering Gamespot was in love with Demon's Souls. They gave Skyward Sword a 7.5 due to it "being the same old thing" too.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out based on ONE review from a gamer who apparently prefers fighting games. This is just NOT his style of game.

Probably because that's not a criteria for giving--as close to as possible--an unbiased, objective review. If a reviewer absolutely hates a specific genre, then they are supposed to get someone else to review it.

dochuge

True, still it is ONE review. ONE! And is his opinion more valid than other reviewers? Also, I love the idea of having to look at the gamepad now and again. Builds tension: keeping an eye out for supplies AND zombies too. I think however some people will not like this feature much.

A 4.5 is a total burial of the game. That's what surprises me the most, a 4.5 out of 10? That's just brutal. If it was a ~6-7 you could say oh it's probably not that bad but a 4.5 is a dagger and rarely seen for very high profile & hyped games outside of Edge.

Pyronite

Wow, 4.5 - I played it for 6 hours yesterday, and the room was packed throughout.

The game does not deserve a 4.5. Wait for more reviews, because they will NOT be 4.5. That is just awful and totally unrepresentative.

Top Bottom