• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

wouldn't be so pissed if losing connection with the gamepad wasn't how i lost two survivors :/ \:
haha if you see two backpacks after the fire room in the palace then you got mine :p :(

I was doing so good too, they gave me a moli and mine so i could have made it past them.

haha it disconnected and walked me straight into a room of 34284329423 zombies and insta death :/

aside from that shitty bs , this game is really great

i should restart the entire game ;)

I've been doing it since the beginning of the game, but it doesn't seem to matter. If the zombie is still alive then it'll come to life as you approach it. If not, and you're allowed to loot it, then it's safe to assume it's dead.

Not necessarily. I've gone back to rooms where zombies did not come alive only for them to come alive that second time through.

Time to live stream the last part of my journey... I think.

What happened to the radar button to scan the room?

I played this game last weekend and it was there, now on my continued game it automatically keeps using the radar and I don't have to do anything/button is gone. Was this part of an update or something? Before I used to have to hit it everytime I wanted to scan the local area.

I had the mission to get the
medicine for Vikrama at the kindergarten (or maybe it was school)
and went
down through the floor to the basement
Holy shit!!! The atmosphere is just crazy down there, I almost shit myself lol Really fantastic game thus far, I hope Ubi is thinking about the sequel.

What happened to the radar button to scan the room?

I played this game last weekend and it was there, now on my continued game it automatically keeps using the radar and I don't have to do anything/button is gone. Was this part of an update or something? Before I used to have to hit it everytime I wanted to scan the local area.

Your gamepad gets updated throughout the game, this was one of the updates you got. :D I thought the same thing at first.

Your gamepad gets updated throughout the game, this was one of the updates you got. :D I thought the same thing at first.

Thx...I was just checking..But funny enough I posted this same question on the Miiverse and got an answer in like 5 mins..Pretty cool feature that Miiverse.

But yeah, I can never hear half of what the Doc says. The sound for him kind of sucks. I'm not planning on turning it way up just to hear what he has to say...

When this upgrade happens, do you constantly hear the ping,or is it at least spaced out to the point where the sound wont get annoying?

You know I felt that at first it bothered me... but then either the game stopped doing the sound so much, or I got used to it. Honestly I couldn't tell you at this point. lol

Fuck this game and the second screen. I get all nervous and make not-so-bad situations a hell of a lot worse because I get scared and can't navigate the touchscreen. Earlier tonight, a zombie jumped out at me and I accidentally shut off my flashlight and I couldn't turn it back on. There were five zombies on me and somehow I managed to survive after sprinting through a tight stairwell in complete darkness.

When this upgrade happens, do you constantly hear the ping,or is it at least spaced out to the point where the sound wont get annoying?

I'm pretty sure it only pings when an infected is near.

Honestly, I was annoyed to hell and back with it when it first happened, but I got used to it. Still like manual pinging better. I felt that it was one of the better uses of the pad and now it's automated.

I'm pretty sure it only pings when an infected is near.

I can't recall hearing the ping at all, unless a zombie is in range where it alerts you. Helps to just chill/explore in your environment unless there is danger...
or a rave going on.
Have to say that part of the game was unexpected but funny all the same.

Also I've asked this question before but haven't gotten a clear response:

When you die and come back as a zombie and your infected old character goes into the worlds of other people online, can other online players beat you to your old self to get your stuff(by killing you), or as long as you get back to them without dying will you have a chance to kill your old self and get your stuff back?

Just wondering if it's some sort of race back to where you died or if you can take your time to insure you don't die again.

I can't recall hearing the ping at all, unless a zombie is in range where it alerts you. Helps to just chill/explore in your environment unless there is danger...
or a rave going on.

Yep yep. I loved the fact that
the rave zombies couldn't hear you until you turned the music off.
A nice little touch.

or a rave going on.

There is a very light ping as the circle goes out, then a loud one if it detects infected around.

oatmeal

Banned
Was able to find my zombie from the other day and get all of my stuff back. That was nice. Slow and steadily got my pad upgraded so it auto pings. That will make life easier, not having to worry about hitting it all the time.

Love this game.

Was able to find my zombie from the other day and get all of my stuff back. That was nice. Slow and steadily got my pad upgraded so it auto pings. That will make life easier, not having to worry about hitting it all the time.

Love this game.

From a totally different day? If that's the case then I have no real understanding of how the online component of this game works. I thought it was: die=instantly into the worlds of all other online players and first to them (whether it's you or someone else) gets the goods..

Yeah, exactly.
I'm glad I didn't turn off the music. Everyone in that room got a nice molotov
and were none the wiser..lol..

I turned the music off
to see what would happen. They came for me instantaneously. Thankfully I had a flare/molotov combo at the ready.

oatmeal

Banned
From a totally different day? If that's the case then I have no real understanding of how the online component of this game works. I thought it was: die=instantly into the worlds of all other online players and first to them (whether it's you or someone else) gets the goods..

I died two days ago and finally was able to play again tonight...

Sure enough, he was still there.

I think it stays until you die again, and then he/she is released into other games.

Eusis

NO! Co-Op doesn't make everything better!

Zombi2 like this, Other horror game from this dev (fund the shit out of them) designed from the ground up for Co-Op play as well.
Speaking as someone who resents the idea of adding multiplayer to everything... this actually sounds really appealing. Play up the angle of survivors trying to band together though, and this probably works best if you follow the Dark Souls model (joining a random person's game, losing them entirely if you die or they die then forcing the survivor to fight off the newly converted zombie) rather than the Dead Space 3 one (let's bro this shit up!)

jerd

Speaking as someone who resents the idea of adding multiplayer to everything... this actually sounds really appealing. Play up the angle of survivors trying to band together though, and this probably works best if you follow the Dark Souls model (joining a random person's game, losing them entirely if you die or they die then forcing the survivor to fight off the newly converted zombie) rather than the Dead Space 3 one (let's bro this shit up!)

It has always been my opinion that a major part of what makes survival-horror scary is the isolation. Add co-op to that and it all goes out the window.

It has always been my opinion that a major part of what makes survival-horror scary is the isolation. Add co-op to that and it all goes out the window.

Honestly, I wouldn't know if I could trust the other person or not. They may help, or they could push you into a crowd of zombies and take your gear. It would certainly add some tension(not that there is a lack of it), though I'm not sure how I feel about it still.

I have to agree with you. I'd rather not see teaming up via coop for a future online component.

For an online component in Zombi2 I'd like to see something to the effect of, if you die, of course you become infected, but at that point you can either continue as a player controlled zombie (same place you died) in someone else's game, or you can choose to continue with single player to go back to kill your old self to get your stuff back(with a new survivor)...So play as a zombie and ruin someone else's day, but lose your stuff in the process.

hatchx

Banned
I have to agree with you. I'd rather not see teaming up via coop for a future online component.

For an online component in Zombi2 I'd like to see something to the effect of, if you die, of course you become infected, but at that point you can either continue as a player controlled zombie (same place you died) in someone else's game, or you can choose to continue with single player to go back to kill your old self to get your stuff back(with a new survivor)...So play as a zombie and ruin someone else's day, but lose your stuff in the process.

I like your ideas....
....and I love co-op as much as the next guy, but I must say, the fact that ZombiU has a strict single player mode is one of the reasons why I really like it. It really feels like RE1 and RE2, that feeling of being alone and kind of screwed. I really hope the sequel has a single player only mode, but maybe with just bigger environments, more zombies, more weapons, etc.

I really hate the idea that the improvement series needs is co-op/multiplayer. ZombiU thrives on it's single player experience.

17 hours, all finished up!

The ending was a bitch and I'm afraid to say that my
survivor didn't make it to the chopper.:(
More incentive for me to go back and replay it though.

There's some amazing highs in the game though. The
zombie circus, blood tower and the final run through Buckingham
were incredibly tense and enjoyable. It's so damned refreshing to have an ACTUAL survival horror game again. Suffice to say, I don't agree with the poor reviews some rags have given this game. It's easily the gem of the WiiU launch (which undersells it considering how weak a lineup the WiiU has right now).

I'm all ready for another playthrough after I get through Assassin's Creed 3. I'm more than ready for ZombiU 2!

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm really glad I'm not the only one who enjoys this game so much. I hope they make a sequel that retains the same gameplay elements coupled with a proper story and more fleshed out characters.

Sanctuary

So did the leaderboard just suddenly stop working for this game? I've gone through three characters total, and each time I just start over (should have just gone Sole Survivor mode). My first character ended up with 2700 points, and my current has almost 13k, and it still says I have 2700 even though it's supposed to be your best score out of all your survivors.

Edit: Nevermind. I guess you either have to have finished, or died before it shows up.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who enjoys this game so much. I hope they make a sequel that retains the same gameplay elements coupled with a proper story and more fleshed out characters.

I hope they make a sequel that improves on the half of the game that is problematic. Story and characters aren't really the problem. The pacing is really strange too. Very early on it seems completely imbalanced, yet as you progress--as long as you're cautious--it's actually very easy except for the 4-6+ packs, but all you need to do is gain some space against those.

Also, in case nobody really realized this yet; the crossbow is probably the best ranged weapon in the game as long as you aren't too bad at aiming. Mine sat in my storage for the longest time due to having such a small number of bolts...

That's what killed the surivial horror aspect of RE5.

I just sprayed like five or seven messages on the wall just for one area. Gonna make sure that other players coming across my messages are mentally prepared (or think, "what could possibly go wrong?")

So I restarted yesterday. Since I knew where everything was and knew where I could be more aggressive, I'm back to where I was on Friday morning. Only a little bit behind where I got glitched at the end. Less than 5 hours so far. Should beat it today, there's no way I'm walking into that corner again.

Also, anyone bought the Cricket Bat customization from UPlay? What's it let you do?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So dumb question- finally advancing a bit- next time I die, will I start from my last save point, or do I start all the way from the safehouse?

You know I felt that at first it bothered me... but then either the game stopped doing the sound so much, or I got used to it. Honestly I couldn't tell you at this point. lol

wiiuvideochat.jpg
Did ya update yer scanner-thingy?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
4 survivors down and I'm still in Buckingham Palace. Damn this game is tough. Any tips for the combat?

oatmeal

Banned
4 survivors down and I'm still in Buckingham Palace. Damn this game is tough. Any tips for the combat?

Don't attack.

Try and move through unseen or if you have to, try and pick them off one by one. If there's a hole to crawl in, lure them through it and one hi kill them as they get out.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Don't attack.

Try and move through unseen or if you have to, try and pick them off one by one. If there's a hole to crawl in, lure them through it and one hi kill them as they get out.

Sounds like that's the best thing to do. Thanks.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Sounds like that's the best thing to do. Thanks.

Yeah, choke points are always the best strategy. The best is if you can make them crawl under something, since they can be OHKO'ed with the cricket bat while they're crawling. Other than that, sometimes tossing a flare and running is the best option if you don't think you can lure them into a safe area for killing.

Snipes424

I don't like the idea of co-op for this type of game. I believe it would ruin the tension and suspense of the game. The Demon/Dark souls approach is the best approach for these type of games. I wish more games would stop adding in useless multiplayer and adopt a Demon/Dark souls approach to their single player. You still can still interact with the community but in a much more enjoyable way.

VICI0US

Hmm.. so I registered for Uplay, used my points to unlock the "Punk's not dead" cricket bat customization reward, but I'm not seeing any way to actually customize the bat in game.

Anyone know how? I thought it might be at a workbench but that doesn't seem to work

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hmm.. so I registered for Uplay, used my points to unlock the "Punk's not dead" cricket bat customization reward, but I'm not seeing any way to actually customize the bat in game.

Anyone know how? I thought it might be at a workbench but that doesn't seem to work

It's in the options menu. It's not as customisable as you might think.

Ryuuga

Banned
I finally got some more time to play the campaign. I can't express again how I appreciate the item management system and general flow of the game. At first I thought I'd be a bat whacking spree, but I now realize that even 1 zambeh could pose a major threat. Playing it real slow at the moment and collecting all the resources I can.

My friends watching as I sort my backpack then hear a zombie:
kittens-omg.gif

oatmeal

Banned
I finally got some more time to play the campaign. I can't express again how I appreciate the item management system and general flow of the game. At first I thought I'd be a bat whacking spree, but I now realize that even 1 zambeh could pose a major threat. Playing it real slow at the moment and collecting all the resources I can.

My friends watching as I sort my backpack then hear a zombie:
kittens-omg.gif

Your friends were puzzled?

Top Bottom