• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

I don't think it's fair that people compare this game to Red Steel. It's not the same developer and the gameplay and focus is completely different. The game may turn out to be shit after all the positive previews for all I know, but that still won't make it similar to Red Steel.

jmizzal

Newegg has the game listed as shipping Nov 18th

But UBisoft says it will be in stores on Nov 13th

Does anybody know if Newegg will ship on the 13th? Have they done that with other games

I would really like to have to game when I get my WiiU on Sunday the 18th and not have to wait 3 days and get it on Wed.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The shadow of Red Steel looms long over the land, but realistically, that was six years ago, developed by different people at Ubisoft, and most of the overhype was based off people building it up in their mind due to the overall potential the Wii represented.

ZombiU has been played again and again by lots of people as the game development progresses and impressions are, overall, positive. And nothing like Red Steel. Combine with more positive impressions steadily sifting in.

It may not be GOTY, but assuming in advance it's going to be Red Steel 1 is a bit overboard.

Lucent

I don't think it's fair that people compare this game to Red Steel. It's not the same developer and the gameplay and focus is completely different. The game may turn out to be shit after all the positive previews for all I know, but that still won't make it similar to Red Steel.

Seeing your avatar made me think how great it'd be if they made a Goemon game for the Wii U.

Erasus

This is the only WiiU game that intrests me so far really, maybe 101 too. Rev3 guy says it feels weird to keep using the gamepad, and that the game is tense anyway.

I wanna play this on PC, 1080p, headset on, dark room! D: Looks great though

Effect

Newegg has the game listed as shipping Nov 18th

But UBisoft says it will be in stores on Nov 13th

Does anybody know if Newegg will ship on the 13th? Have they done that with other games

I would really like to have to game when I get my WiiU on Sunday the 18th and not have to wait 3 days and get it on Wed.

Emailed them but didn't get a solid answer as to when it would be released.

We know it's going to be available on the Japanese eShop on day 1

I hope every game will be like this too...for retail games I prefer getting the disk to have something in hand but with Japanese games, the bill can get quite high real quick and shipping can become a problem.

I guess I'll still get some games on disk (especially "must-get" games) but now that there's a real account system, I feel a bit more secure buying big games on the eShop.

Effect

Well given how we know that these outlets are in the pockets of these developers it wouldn't surprise me. It being Ubisoft though I expect at least a good game. I also though fully expect bugs out the ass. It is Ubisoft after all.

True. However I also recall the grumbling people had about Red Steel and that isn't present with ZombiU. So more likely to believe they aren't lying. However any GOTY talk sends up my red flag and makes me think they are going to far. True this isn't the same Ubisoft from then. However bugs are certainly to be there (look at Assassin's Creed 3) but I think Nintendo sent a Mario Club team to test the game. I recall reading that took place. So I feel good about ZombiU in the end. I doubt Nintendo would behind it as they are if it was going to be a repeat of Red Steel.

However if this thing goes south I'm all in favor in taking the anger to those that pushed this knowing they were problems.

ElRenoRaven

True. However I also recall the grumbling people had about Red Steel and that isn't present with ZombiU. So more likely to believe they aren't lying. However any GOTY talk sends up my red flag and makes me think they are going to far. True this isn't the same Ubisoft from then. However bugs are certainly to be there (look at Assassin's Creed 3) but I think Nintendo sent a Mario Club team to test the game. I recall reading that took place. So I feel good about ZombiU in the end. I doubt Nintendo would behind it as they are if it was going to be a repeat of Red Steel.

However if this thing goes south I'm all in favor in taking the anger to those that pushed this knowing they were problems.

Oh yea. I forgot about that. Ok then yea with the bug testing of Mario Club then all the better. I do agree though that I think the GOTY calls already are going way too far but who knows. Guess we'll find out in a week. Either way I can't wait. lol

It's definitely going to be a GOTY contender, I called it a while ago as it goes. Just going by the overwhelming positive feedback from various shows and conferences you can tell this is going to big. The only complaints I remember hearing about a while back was with the weapons and it appears that they've addressed these issues.

This game will end up winning a few GOTY Awards and have a Metascore of 90+ without a problem. You heard it here first!!!

I've got a real good feeling about this one!

imjust1n

Banned
I really want to like this game I just fully pre ordered it.
Just the fact of being a open world survival horror game makes me smile.
It looks very stunning and the game mechanics look pretty cool.
The only thing I can see people complaining about is the switching screens. Now for the people saying goty talk yea I don't think so. I see more halo 4/mass effect 3/dishonored taking that crown.

Dartastic

whats this red steel everyone speaks of and why is it so bad?
Ubisoft launch game for the Wii that was hyped like whoa because it promised sword combat and did not deliver at all. Made by a different studio, and... whatever, none of that matters because you just should ignore those people. I've played Zombi U, and it's definitely not going to be another Red Steel. This game will be quite good.

hatchx

Banned
whats this red steel everyone speaks of and why is it so bad?

Where were you in 2006?

It was a big hyped exclusive for wii with sword fighting and gunplay. Had pretty wretched controls. I thought it was fun in a mindless kind of way, it was the first time I got to aim and shoot things on screen so I didn't mind as much. It was moreso the smoke and mirrors that burned people, the sword fighting controls were awful.

The sequel rocks though. A hidden gem among gems. Best FPsword fighter ever.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh man.

I will totally buy this in December once the prices go down a bit. As said before, £45 is fucking ridiculous.

True, but the only other game I really want is NSMBU. For a launch I might just bite on zombieU even at a crazy price.

But then at the back of my head is the niggly feeling that its a ubisoft game and therefore very likely to drop in price shortly after release.

NickMitch

In those Bunker Walkthrough-videos...

Something i didn´t know about this game are those magazines and stuff one can pick up and read. Nice to know there are reasons to really search the rooms thoroughly (spelling?).

The hypemeter is up on the red area (not the steel one =P) and those reviews couldn´t come sooner to ease my hype-angst.

I was hoping the game would get an average of 8s from reviews but after seeing a lot of comments and seeing footage, will not be surprised if it gets higher scores.

I know reviews don't mean everything but for a launch title, seems very polished and well thought out.

I'll shit myself if it gets any 10s.

JDSN

Banned
Have people talked about the most impressive balsy feature of an already balsy game?

Headshots arent completely effective! I personally love it, it goes against every zombie trope and it makes them truly formidable enemies even to more experienced players.

Hopefully everything isn't spoiled too quickly. This is going to be one of the most played launch games

And stop with the Red Steel comparisons. Not even close

D-e-f-

Banned
Have people talked about the most impressive balsy feature of an already balsy game?

Headshots arent completely effective! I personally love it, it goes against every zombie trope and it makes them truly formidable enemies even to more experienced players.

I love the implied message behind this game. Goes completely against the "let's dumb things down" trend. And it's one of the flagship launch titles. That is so awesome.

Hopefully everything isn't spoiled too quickly. This is going to be one of the most played launch games

Well I doubt narrative spoilers would detract from the enjoyment in a significant way. The partial randomness should provide a big enough draw even if you were spoiled on some thing is are going for multiple playthroughs (that survival mode is gonna be a bitch!).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Definitely makes it more scary, never knowing if it'll be the first, second, or third blow that kills it. Sometimes in games like this, you can polish your aiming so much by the end you'll just be plowing through hoards of zombies one shotting everything.

cacildo

Well now that is just wrong!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have two concerns about this game, both entirely personal

1 - I don't want it to be too full of 'jump' scares. Not a big fan

2 - lack of ammo and too much reliance on headshots. I'm a crap aim with analog sticks and requiring headshots all the time can get frustrating. I'd actually like to see some console games try out the motion-assisted aiming like in Uncharted on vita, I really liked that and it should work with WiU and PS3.

Top Bottom