• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

majik13

Headshots will kill them without exploding. One body shot should set them off. Do not hit them with your bat. But you can use your bat/weapon to nudge them if they get too close.

If you have no ammo, best go hunting for some.

yeah, I lost 2 survivors to them. First was a 5+ hour survivor, with all my weapons(85 kills) I was just running away and I exploded and died, I didnt even see it.

2nd survivor trying to retrieve my loot. I kill my infected survivor and another gas tank zombie, I go to behead it, as it is 2nd nature now. Aim for the head, swing, and boom! :eek:
I just stared at the screen for a few minutes.....I hadn't looted my previous survivor. At least I still have my bow.

majik13

Anyone playing with the reticule/crosshair off? I turned it off first thing, I dont even know what it looks like.

It makes the game even more intense obviously, since there is no ironsights either. I am on my 8th survivor or so now, about 9-10 hrs in.

I think I've hit a bug. I'm heading to
help the girl who messages you during the fuel mission
and I've come to a area where the door is blocked. I've looked everywhere and it's the only door to get out of the area, there are zombies behind it who are actively hitting the door, I'm guessing in a triggered event that sees them flood the area, but the door doesn't break...and there's no way to advance.

I've backtracked and it's the only way to access the new area. really frustrating.

bill0527

Please tell me this is a good game. I picked it up for $10 at TRU but i can't have it until Christmas.

Now before everyone runs to TRU looking for the $10 ZombieU, I had to buy Sing Party for my 8 yr old daughter at full price, then I got ZombieU half off, used a $20 Groupon i bought last month for $10 and also used a additional $5 off coupon.

majik13

Please tell me this is a good game. I picked it up for $10 at TRU but i can't have it until Christmas.

Now before everyone runs to TRU looking for the $10 ZombieU, I had to buy Sing Party for my 8 yr old daughter at full price, then I got ZombieU half off, used a $20 Groupon i bought last month for $10 and also used a additional $5 off coupon.

very good game.

I think I've hit a bug. I'm heading to
help the girl who messages you during the fuel mission
and I've come to a area where the door is blocked. I've looked everywhere and it's the only door to get out of the area, there are zombies behind it who are actively hitting the door, I'm guessing in a triggered event that sees them flood the area, but the door doesn't break...and there's no way to advance.

I've backtracked and it's the only way to access the new area. really frustrating.

Finish the prior mission first, there's an upgrade you need to open that area.

VICI0US

yeah just lost pretty much all my weapons, this pistol was the best, couldn't remember where I found it. Not sure how to find it again.

Its stupid that you cant unequip your first default pistol though, so you have to carry both.

yeah, I noticed that too, pretty silly.

I wanted to a "silent killer" crossbow/silenced pistol playthrough but then realized you can't get rid of the starting pistol and didn't want to waste inventory space carrying both around.

HylianTom

Banned
I don't think so.

Seems like it's the same (admittedly, i only made it to Buckingham).
Thanks.. that's kinda what I was hoping for!

I've been learning the "gotcha" moments bit by bit over the past week or so, along with the places where goodies are hidden, methods for stocking-up on supplies until my locker is full, dying/suiciding here and there but never fully finishing the game, etc.. and now I'm at the point where I'd like to make one long, cautious run through the whole thing this weekend. Looks like my survivor marathon run will start on Friday night!

oatmeal

Banned

Best game on hte Wii U so far.

Kacho

I just started it yesterday and I think it's pretty damn good so far. It took me about 3 hours to settle in and the game eventually clicked with me. Easily the most interesting title on the Wii U at this point.

I've done 60% of the game on my second playthrough and still have my second survivor. Oh yeah this will be a gooooood score :)
Third playthrough will be survivor mode. Now I know that it's possible.

Finish the prior mission first, there's an upgrade you need to open that area.

I did finish it. the only active mission is the one I'm on and the one to collect some letters.

I have the pad upgrade from the previous mission that lets you hack doors, but there isn't anything to hack, at least not one that I can find with the scanner.

AzaK

I don't know what to say about this game. It's absolutely amazing and completely terrifying at the same time. Actually turning my Wii U on to play is an internal battle of immense proportions :)

I got to one part last night
(the part in buckingham palace where I got the documents for the doc in the lab, and now have the crossbow and am about to head back to the lab. BTW I'm sure those zombies are going to get loose.)
where getting there just took so much of my ammo and one of my 2 medkits that I feel very vulnerable now. It's great how they've managed to generate so much tension over losing a few small items. Thinking back on it, if I had have thought more clearly (instead of panicking) I would have handled the situations that I found myself in without loss of so many bullets.

I'm also quite attached to my survivor (Female copper). I've had 10 survivors already
most lost during the Safe House attack
but this one is my longest lasting, and most capable :)

This game is truly one of the better games I've played in years.

Since I started over due to the nursery glitch/bug/whatever I only lot three survivors (whereas I lost 11 or 12 on my first incomplete run) and I am now on my way to the
Tower of London
again.
So survivor #4 is already alive for over two and a half hours and has over 3500 points already (personal best, yay). And I wanna keep him alive until the end. I hope I'll make it.

I'm also totally overstocked on goods. So much ammo, health items, molotovs and flares, a new weapon I supidly overlooked before (
silenced pistol
) and so much other stuff. My blue box is already full, so I keep throwing out all the planks and flares.

If somebody sees my zombie(s), tell them I love 'em :(

There's game breaking glitches? I think if that happened I'd stop as I don't think I could face redoing everything. Also, how the hell did you get so much stuff? I've been wondering if I need to backtrack over all the places I've been and investigate some more.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Also, if they're reading this, cheers to the creative directors for retweeting my review ;).

I did finish it. the only active mission is the one I'm on and the one to collect some letters.

I have the pad upgrade from the previous mission that lets you hack doors, but there isn't anything to hack, at least not one that I can find with the scanner.

If it's not that, then you're talking about
The room next to the bathroom with the hole in the wall leading to it. That door's actually barred from the other side. There's a hidden air duct in the office room behind you. One path opens a shortcut to the safe house, the other leads to a ladder up to the next section. DUMP YOUR SHIT BEFORE YOU CLIMB THE LADDER. CHEAP DEATHS INCOMING.

If it's not that, then you're talking about
The room next to the bathroom with the hole in the wall leading to it. That door's actually barred from the other side. There's a hidden air duct in the office room behind you. One path opens a shortcut to the safe house, the other leads to a ladder up to the next section. DUMP YOUR SHIT BEFORE YOU CLIMB THE LADDER. CHEAP DEATHS INCOMING.

thank you so much. I was worried I had encountered a bug and was almost in tears thinking about having to restart.

thank you so much and thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to do that.

All I want to do is get back to this game. 3 days of work and preparations for grad school finals are keeping me away. Grrrrr....Reading about it will have to do for now.

G.O.O.

Just finished the Tower of London. Jesus.

Great atmospheric job there.
That part in the sewers, where you can't open your inventory, almost got me... explosive zombie FTL

However I had to restart after a glitch that stuck me into a wall (yeah, looting a corpse halfway under a small passage is a bad idea...) and now I'm reading that there are other glitches later in the game, some of them making you restart from scratch. Is there a way to avoid this ?

Anyone playing with the reticule/crosshair off? I turned it off first thing, I dont even know what it looks like.

It makes the game even more intense obviously, since there is no ironsights either. I am on my 8th survivor or so now, about 9-10 hrs in.

If it had ironsites then I would, but without that, nah.
If it was literally firing from the hip in a panic at closerange (to maybe stagger them back), or ironsights that really takes the FOV in even more, then that'd be a nice intense way of playing. But it just seems a bit unrealistic to me to not be able to aim reasonably on a sighted weapon.

majik13

If it had ironsites then I would, but without that, nah.
If it was literally firing from the hip in a panic at closerange (to maybe stagger them back), or ironsights that really takes the FOV in even more, then that'd be a nice intense way of playing. But it just seems a bit unrealistic to me to not be able to aim reasonably on a sighted weapon.

I agree mostly. I would have preferred the controls to be like this.

-Allow hip fire (with only very slight reduction in accuracy)
-Aiming uses Iron sights(with obvious reduced movement + FOV)
-A designated shove button(Click right stick or R, or some other button)

regardless, no crosshair, makes it more immersive(less HUD), more challenging and slightly more realistic imo.

Yes, but you can actually shove with the right stick at any time, so there's two buttons for shoving.

I'm not a fan of the right stick for shoving even with not having had any problems with it because it's such a recipe for disaster.

ksamedi

Loving this game so far.

Even one Zombie can make me nervous, I'm really loving the tension here :)

Why does nobody make games like these anymore? Its not like horror is a niche market. Scares sell, and there should be more of these types of games. Hoping that Ubisoft will retain the survivol horror aspect for the inevitable sequel and not go the Splinter Cell route.

majik13

^The right stick (click) is a dedicated shove button, lol.

oh yeah, I always just use the right trigger though. Anyways, I still think it should be set up that way.

Right trigger, is hip fire, Left trigger is ironsights. I think the current setup doesnt really bring anything to the table imo. i think it is a bit lame you have to press 2 buttons left and right trigger to use any weapon, including mines, flares, grenades etc. I lost probably 2 survivors because I couldnt figure out how to drop a mine, or throw something before I got mauled.

I think i did test the Right stick for shove once but didnt really care for it(maybe the COD knife crowd would though). If it did use hip fire I would actually probabaly like Right bumber to be shove, and right stick to be quick turn, since right stick already is your look controls.

G.O.O.

Yeah, if there's any tips on how to avoid game breaking glitches, that'd be awesome D:
From what I've read, you mustn't die in the nursery's basement - although it seems to be OK sometimes but not always. It might have something to do with dying in an explosion (using a mine, hitting a gas tank zombie...) since those who died this way couldn't open a door a little bit further.

Other glitches have been reported here => http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/383-ZombiU

majik13

From what I've read, you mustn't die in the nursery's basement - although it seems to be OK sometimes but not always. It might have something to do with dying in an explosion (using a mine, hitting a gas tank zombie...) since those who died this way couldn't open a door a little bit further.

Other glitches have been reported here => http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/383-ZombiU

I think I heard somethign about falling in a hole and dieing too.

Astra

If there were iron sights, that is all I would be using. Curious that there isn't, though.

I never tried without the crosshairs though. Is there any indication of where you're aiming without it? Is there just that single white dot while aiming?

VICI0US

for the sales minded looks like ZombiU is the second best selling launch title next to NSMBU in the US NPD

for reference, NSMB sold roughly 245k so ZombiU would be somewhere below that. hopefully there are more leaks and we can nail down a more exact figure.

majik13

That's my video, posted earlier in this very thread too. Crazy to see other ppl posting my stuff.

are you dudebro on miiverse? ha, I think I commented on your post on there(where i heard about the falling glitch, and you have commented / liked some of my stuff?(maybe) name is recognizable.

Pineconn

Attention people who have beaten the game! I have begun the final sequence, but I missed a CCTV and want to scan it. Will I be able to
access all areas again
at a later time in the same game save?

When you die and start off with a different survivor, why do you have a pistol?

Wouldn't it be more challenging to just have the bat only?

VICI0US

Attention people who have beaten the game! I have begun the final sequence, but I missed a CCTV and want to scan it. Will I be able to
access all areas again

yeah you can, some zones rearrange themselves a bit (buckingham palace mostly) and for whatever reason the game reseals all the manholes so you cant fast travel until you unlock them again, but you can go on foot and track down the CCTVs, I did it to get the last 2 I had missed in my first playthrough.

hmmmmmm that twist at the end of the game, don't think i'll get it at this rate.

give it to me for pity :D

more survivors dying left and right haha, sorry guys thats life

access all areas again

Which CCTV are you missing? I was missing one during the final stretch, but it's IN the final stretch.

Pineconn

In the
church
, lol. I was just an idiot, I guess.

yeah you can, some zones rearrange themselves a bit (buckingham palace mostly) and for whatever reason the game reseals all the manholes so you cant fast travel until you unlock them again, but you can go on foot and track down the CCTVs, I did it to get the last 2 I had missed in my first playthrough.

Thank you! :D

Astra

Aw man. Ran into my first exploding zombie, and not realizing what it was, I melee'd it. I really liked that survivor, too. He had a nice beard :(.

Top Bottom