• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders: Enders Project announced (ZoE sequel concept, OP fully updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Some interesting information: The producer who is overseeing this project is Ryosuke Toriyama. He's a Konami producer who worked on the Busou Shinki: Battle Masters games. In fact, Shinkawa did the design for the final boss in one of those games. It would make sense if they're trying to find a way to diversify the ZoE brand by working with a producer outside of Kojima Productions. I wonder if they're trying to work on getting a sort of anime tie-in deal again, to help sponsor/promote the project.

Also, another photo from Famitsu:

9sRrw.jpg

Salaadin

If PS2 was good enough for ZOE then I think a 3DS is ok for whatever this might be.

I guess it would work with some of the inputs laid out on the bottom screen but I cant imagine a ZOE game without a proper second analog stick for camera controls. I know some people have no problem with the touch screen flicks that games like KI use but Im not a fan.

Doesnt matter though because Ill buy it wherever it ends up.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It's running on the Fox Engine, so i'm not even sure why people are talking about the 3DS.

probably just because of the Zoe 3ds that Kojima hinted few months ago.
and we were just hoping for MORE Zoe games possible!

It would be gret to see Zoe HD, Zoe 3 and Zoe 3ds. the more Zoe games the better!

kuroshiki

You should play Kid Icarus or even Resident Evil Revelations.

Those games have very little similarities with ZOE series. DonkeyKong Country looks great on SNES doesn't mean SNES can handle Castlevania SOTN.

Also I think Kid Icarus doesn't look all that great.

If PS2 was good enough for ZOE then I think a 3DS is ok for whatever this might be.

You're underestimating PS2 a bit too much, and overestimating 3DS a little too much.

Besides this game runs on new engine. What's the point of bringing 3DS?

Salaadin

Those games have very little similarities with ZOE series. DonkeyKong Country looks great on SNES doesn't mean SNES can handle Castlevania SOTN.

You're underestimating PS2 a bit too much, and overestimating 3DS a little too much.

It should also be pointed out that PS2 was hardly good enough for ZOE2. KojiPro really pushed that console with that game and the framerate showed. But my god, was it glorious to look at.

Gomu Gomu

I refuse to be hyped for this. I'd like to believe that I know better than to get excited over a project that probably isn't going to be made.

I think that you're overestimating PS2 and underestimating 3DS
If 3DS can run a better looking low budget port of MGS3 in 3D, then there's nothing to say about this.

But I think we're leaving the main topic, so we should stop here.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
probably just because of the Zoe 3ds that Kojima hinted few months ago.
and we were just hoping for MORE Zoe games possible!

It would be gret to see Zoe HD, Zoe 3 and Zoe 3ds. the more Zoe games the better!

Wasn't the ZOE 3DS "tease" just a little joke about the logo appearing to spell 3DS when flipped around?

monome

So guys. Buy the HD Collection 5 times. Get potential sequel. Do it!

the perfect name for the perfect post.
Konami has ties with yakuzas? get 2 girls and a rail of coke and 5% of your debit goes on to fund a kickstarter campaign for ZOE Ultimate Kojima Vision HD CINEMATIC OPEN WORLD.

Huff

Banned
If 3DS can run a better looking low budget port of MGS3 in 3D, then there's nothing to say about this.

Right, but I don't want a ps2 ZOE. We're already getting them again

I think if the ZoE HD Collection does relatively well at sales, this project will find it much easier to move forward.
You think? This would probably be the #1 argument for a sequel. I'd be a happy Kojima if I could use that for ammo at meetings with the money men.

I'm buying that collection for sure now.

kuroshiki

3DS MGS, besides added effect shader (because PS2 doesn't have any), has low poly count and lower framerate than its PS2 counterpart. It was not a superior port. We're already over this.

3DS MGS, besides added effect shader (because PS2 doesn't have any), has low poly count and lower framerate than its PS2 counterpart. It was not a superior port. We're already over this.

It's running in 3D and PS2 version of Snake Eater didn't had a good framerate.
But as I said, it was a rushed low budget port.
If you take Resident Evil Revelations, it's just looking better than any PS2 game and has a high polycount.

kuroshiki

It's running in 3D and PS2 version of Snake Eater didn't had a good framerate.
But as I said, it was a rushed low budget port.
If you take Resident Evil Revelations, it's just looking better than any PS2 game and has a high polycount.

Do you really want to go that far?

monome

I think this brings up an interesting point. What makes you think it wouldn't be about robots fighting in space? Did space not exist in ancient eras? :)

the artworks and render/fig show no mech.
And why bother? You can have flying and projectiles launching God(/made) things that act like unprobable futuristic visions of what robots can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom