• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders: Enders Project announced (ZoE sequel concept, OP fully updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
oh my ... Shinkawa's mechanical design * bows *

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Bring back Leo Stenbuck and Ada. Hopefully this takes place after Anubis, don't understand how you can set ZoE in an ancient civilization unless you're going for an Escaflowne type setup. Oh well Im still excited

tumblr_m3fpsdYD6q1qenf70.gif

Wait I was too quick to post my excitement before.....ancient civilation? WHAT THE FUCK? Dumb....fucking DUMB!! I wanna see ZOE 3 starring Dingo or adult Leo, blowing shit up in space and on Mars.

God dammit Kojima, quit being influenced by Assassin's Creed so much!

Boogdud

Bring back Leo Stenbuck and Ada. Hopefully this takes place after Anubis, don't understand how you can set ZoE in an ancient civilization unless you're going for an Escaflowne type setup. Oh well Im still excited

Man just hearing "Leo" makes me cringe. I know he had a bit role in the 2nd one, but man in the first game that VA'ing made me want to stab myself in the eardrums.

Now that I say that, both games would be better played on mute as far as the dialogue and va'ing go. I hope for a whole new cast and maybe Kojima figures out how to write dialogue this time around? HAHAHA who am I kidding, let's just consider ourselves lucky to have neat-o flying robots with great gameplay.

Also, an escaflowne vibe would be completely awesome.

The debris at the base of the statue might hint that it's based in a post-apocalyptic world, maybe the orbital frames are a relic of the past... And if the skull is a human skull, we'll be seeing orbital frames that are much smaller than the ones in ZOE 1-2.

Ridley327

The debris at the base of the statue might hint that it's based in a post-apocalyptic world, maybe the orbital frames are a relic of the past... And if the skull is a human skull, we'll be seeing orbital frames that are much smaller than the ones in ZOE 1-2.

There's that artwork pointing to there being humans underneath the armor plating.

tg6xP.jpg

With the bombshell about it being set in ancient Egypt, maybe KojiPro is going to have their own twist on Egyptian mythology? I mean, all of the major orbital frames are already named after Egyptian gods; you might as well go full hog with it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Samething as with every single announcement. Nothing but hot air. Till there is actually something playable. That is what it is. Actually it feels a bit worse. Its a total tease.

Alucrid

Banned
I think that the orbital frame lands on a planet with low tech and early civilization which is why it looks beat up and has the horns/skull/etc. Picks up some person then they go into space and shit

No.

I won't get caught in the hype matrix until I see the real game video come out.

I won't do this to myself.

....PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think that the orbital frame lands on a planet with low tech and early civilization which is why it looks beat up and has the horns/skull/etc. Picks up some person then they go into space and shit
Maybe it accidentally travels back in time and the OFs are actually the Egyptian gods.

This sounds really interesting, I will definitely be getting the hd collection as I never knew about the games when they came out originally. Listening to flowing destiny on mgs4 is what introduced to the series.

BadWolf

The frames being ancient technology is very Xenogears like.

I really hope it will have anime cutscenes again, ZOE2 did it right.

An important note though. This is no confirmation that this will become an actual game and that it will end up getting made. In the 4Gamer article, they say that Kojima is very serious about wanting to make the game, which is why he is announcing this as an actual ZoE sequel. But right now they are still experimenting with the feasibility of making it, and it is only in the very early stages.

That's why they're re-releasing the ZoE games on current consoles, IMO. If they sell well enough (yeah, right) and can show the Konami suits some good numbers, this new project might get into full production.

BadWolf

That's why they're re-releasing the ZoE games on current consoles, IMO. If they sell well enough (yeah, right) and can show the Konami suits some good numbers, this new project might get into full production.

Basing the decision to make a sequel based on sales of ports is so dumb.

I can see this...I was on the fence about getting the ZOE HD collection since I have a BC PS3 and own both the PS2 games, but now I plan on double-dipping to support this.

StuBurns

Banned
There was a list posted on GAF a few times of the franchises last generation which had entries that sold over a million units but hadn't got a current generation iteration, and ZoE was one of the few on there. I don't think Konami really need the HD Collection to give the go ahead for a sequel. They're not exactly brimming with million sellers.

Basing the decision to make a sequel based on sales of ports is so dumb.

Depends on the sale numbers. If 500k sold copies is enough for Konami to acknowledge that people are still interested in the franchise, it might not be such a bad idea. The games bombed on the PS2, didn't they? If so, then you can hardly blame them. Now if they expect to sell 1M+, then agree with you.

Salaadin

There was a listed posted on GAF a few times of the franchises last generation which had entries that sold over a million units but hadn't got a current generation iteration, and ZoE was one of the few on there. I don't think Konami really need the HD Collection to give the go ahead for a sequel. They're not exactly brimming with million sellers.

I wonder what the exact sales numbers are. ZOE1 might have only succeeded because it had the crazy hyped MGS2 demo included with it. I remember reading somewhere that ZOE2 didnt really sell well at all.

duckroll

There was a list posted on GAF a few times of the franchises last generation which had entries that sold over a million units but hadn't got a current generation iteration, and ZoE was one of the few on there. I don't think Konami really need the HD Collection to give the go ahead for a sequel. They're not exactly brimming with million sellers.

In which dimension is ZoE a million seller? I would like to visit, because it sounds like a nice place. :p

duckroll

That's what I'd read, but googling it now, I can't find anything about it's sales numbers.

ZoE1 sold a pathetic 120k in Japan. So it would have had to sell a shitload everywhere else to remotely make up for it, and I really don't think it did. ZoE2 sold even worse. :(

Ridley327

ZoE1 sold a pathetic 120k in Japan. So it would have had to sell a shitload everywhere else to remotely make up for it, and I really don't think it did. ZoE2 sold even worse. :(

Did Konami botch the marketing that badly for the series? It seemed like they were treating it pretty seriously with the anime tie-ins, but to see it do so poorly in Japan is pretty damn disheartening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom