• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders: Enders Project announced (ZoE sequel concept, OP fully updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansel

Banned
From Kojima's twitter page:

AtuKPF8CEAEAoSN.jpg:large

What does that say at the top? "_____ _____ ______ Action"?

As in Tactical Espionage Action? o_O

LaneDS

Personally I think that frame looks incredibly cool. I'm all for this happening, and don't think Z.O.E. 2 really needed a proper sequel.

Cartman86

Banned
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the way they are changing the look up. I fucking love the style of ZOE 1 & 2 and want more games like that, but developers taking risks with franchises when they can easily stick to what they got is awesome. At least when it works :)

B.K.

I never thought I would be completely apathetic about a new ZoE game, but that's how I am right now. The setting and universe is part of what makes ZoE. Just based on the summary of the concept so far, this new game sounds like it'll basically be ZoE in just name only. If Konami really wants to continue with this project, they should just completely drop all ZoE references and develop the game as a new IP.

I never thought I would be completely apathetic about a new ZoE game, but that's how I am right now. The setting and universe is part of what makes ZoE. Just based on the summary of the concept so far, this new game sounds like it'll basically be ZoE in just name only. If Konami really wants to continue with this project, they should just completely drop all ZoE references and develop the game as a new IP.

Kinda hoping it at least bounces back and forth between the old and new setting.

B.K.

I'm just really worried about this project. Konami has already fucked up the Suikoden franchise beyond repair. I'm afraid they're about to do the same to ZoE.

ArveGary

Neo Member
No, this is not Project Ogre. Kojima isn't even producing this. Project Ogre is a game that Kojima is actually producing and directing. It's part of the reason why he's too busy to actually oversee this personally.

Right. Looks like this is the Devil Project.

Kojima has been tweeting about both Project Ogre and Devil Project, and everyone has been assuming they are one and the same...

It now seems like Project Ogre and Devil Project are two completely different projects!

Exciting!

Gravijah

last time i was really excited for a project, prey 2 was nearly/still might be canceled. before that, mega man legends 3 was canceled.

i'll try not to be excited, guys. ;(

duckroll

Kojima has been tweeting about both Project Ogre and Devil Project, and everyone has been assuming they are one and the same...

It now seems like Project Ogre and Devil Project are two completely different projects!

Exciting!

What on earth are you talking about? Kojima tweets in Japanese. Oni = ogre/devil/demon depending on whoever is translating it. :p

What on earth are you talking about? Kojima tweets in Japanese. Oni = ogre/devil/demon depending on whoever is translating it. :p

I think this could well be the Oni project, unless you know different. Seems like something he spent his lunchtimes on, there's even a tweet where he posts a Jehuty Shinkawa drew in one Ogre meeting. He said this project would take a long time and he'd be producing other games before this comes out, seems to fit to me.
Obviously there's some sort of metal gear game in the works too, but he rarely tweets about that.

He said the game would literally deal with demons/devils/ogres, and we've seen these orbital frame designs with devilish pointy tails.

Exciting!

They are the same thing, people just use different translations. On his Japanese twitter he always refers to it as his "oni game" or something like that.

wrowa

I think this could well be the Oni project, unless you know different. Seems like something he spent his lunchtimes on, there's even a tweet where he posts a Jehuty Shinkawa drew in one Ogre meeting. He said this project would take a long time and he'd be producing other games before this comes out, seems to fit to me.
Obviously there's some sort of metal gear game in the works too, but he rarely tweets about that.

From what we know Project Ogre is an open-world game that is actually in development. That pretty much rules ZoE out. :p

ArveGary

Neo Member

They are the same thing, people just use different translations. On his Japanese twitter he always refers to it as his "oni game" or something like that.

Oh, I see. Haven't heard the Japanese name before. Thanks for clearing that up, guys. I was getting too excited to think clearly :)

duckroll

His next game is the open one, but I'm not convinced it's the same thing as Ogre, despite the gaming press linking them together.

But this isn't "his" game at all. All the online articles reporting from the event state that Kojima assigned Ryosuke Toriyama as the producer of Enders Project because he is too busy with all the other things he is working on, including the Project Ogre he keeps talking about on Twitter.

Did he ever specifically link the statue he posted the last time with Project Ogre? Because he has been tweeting since the even yesterday as well, and he refers to this as Enders Project, and he hasn't bothered saying anything about Project Ogre at all. If this is Project Ogre, I would think he would just come out and say it.

But this isn't "his" game at all. All the online articles reporting from the event state that Kojima assigned Ryosuke Toriyama as the producer of Enders Project because he is too busy with all the other things he is working on, including the Project Ogre he keeps talking about on Twitter.

Did he ever specifically link the statue he posted the last time with Project Ogre? Because he has been tweeting since the even yesterday as well, and he refers to this as Enders Project, and he hasn't bothered saying anything about Project Ogre at all. If this is Project Ogre, I would think he would just come out and say it.

No I've not seen any direct quotes linking either project. But there is a view that Ogre is a very MGS-looking game, despite him talking about MGS5 as something distinct from that, so I'm just saying what I feel could be a more likely explanation.

wrowa

Isn't Project Ogre about breaking taboos and stuff? I can't imagine that he would want to jeopardize the ZoE brand over that, especially after he kept fans waiting for so long. Seems that he is aware of the game's risks, so I would expect that Project Ogre will be a new IP.

Kinyou

I'm kind of glad that they toned down those cockpit penises a little. In retrospect did that look a little silly.

Does Anubis have breasts? :| I'm not sure how I feel about all of this.
Some interesting information: The producer who is overseeing this project is Ryosuke Toriyama. He's a Konami producer who worked on the Busou Shinki: Battle Masters games. In fact, Shinkawa did the design for the final boss in one of those games. It would make sense if they're trying to find a way to diversify the ZoE brand by working with a producer outside of Kojima Productions. I wonder if they're trying to work on getting a sort of anime tie-in deal again, to help sponsor/promote the project.

Also, another photo from Famitsu:
jbhq7Hc9joMYxH.jpg

Oh dear god.

zlatko

Banned
So Kojima would not be front lining this? Not sure if I want really. Last game he left someone else in charge of was Rising, and that went to Platinum to save it.

I don't see how the game could live up to my hopes without him lead design/directing it to be honest.

Ridley327

So Kojima would not be front lining this? Not sure if I want really. Last game he left someone else in charge of was Rising, and that went to Platinum to save it.

I don't see how the game could live up to my hopes without him lead design/directing it to be honest.

Kojima has never had any real input on the design of the ZOE games; his name is there because it's supposed to help sell them.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason

He's never been from the beginning. ZoE (from a design/directing view) has always been in charge of other people such as Shuyo Murata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom