• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Boku wa Mari no Naka 24
bokumarinaka24.jpg

It's about damn time the megane came back into the picture.

Shirogane no Nina 17

This chapter almost made me want to get some Japanese textbooks and start studying. Almost.

food smut 55-57

tadokoro showing everyone who's boss. that montage ;_;

Omaera Zenin Mendokusai! 01

The story of a teacher being harassed by his students and probably going to form a harem with them.

I guess the easily thing to say is RIP the teacher's career. It's amusing at least so will keep reading.

Lain

Holyland volume 4-13

Broke my rule and started reading the scans. I was too curious.
Half of what I've read has annoyed me, while the other half psyched me. I'm really torn on this series so far.
There is only one thing I'm sure about:
Yu is one real slut, to be able to have everyone inside him like that.

wonzo

Banned
7 Seeds 72-76
7seeds73.jpg
7seeds73a.jpg

:bow AKIRA :bow

Fuck Ango, dude needs to be put out of his misery if he's just gonna keep on pulling messed up shit like this. I hope Hana does him in with her trusty lil' Custom Swiss Army Knife.

kasane

Holyland volume 4-13

Broke my rule and started reading the scans. I was too curious.
Half of what I've read has annoyed me, while the other half psyched me. I'm really torn on this series so far.
There is only one thing I'm sure about:

Yu is one real slut, to be able to have everyone inside him like that.

thought you already finished it since you said you hated the ending.

UQ - 1

More negi pls

Vito

Banned
They might have canceled his Me and the Devil Blues but damn it, he sure as well will make up for the lack of sales with Prison School! I mean, you know you're doing somewhat ok when the PVC cartels start making one figure after another:

Was kinda surprised Kodoku no Gourmet got a figma but then again it does have a TV drama adaptation.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I started Skip Beats because I really enjoyed the anime but man the panel flow is hard to follow at times. There's times where I have absolutely no confidence that I'm reading the panels in the order they were intended to be read in.

Vito

Banned
I think we'd all be posting more exotic titles if we were living in Japan or could read Japanese at least., lol

Aizo

Banned
Nah, I live in Europe, I just probably have a high weeaboo level.

I thought I had a new nakama. :/

I think we'd all be posting more exotic titles if we were living in Japan or could read Japanese at least., lol

I don't normally post about manga I read in Japanese because I have to spoiler tag it and mark that it's raw. And, I probably shouldn't post spoiler images. Sometimes, I read something in Japanese, then search for scans so I can post about 'em here. I still mostly read English stuff, though. I have much to learn yet.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
They're gonna stop scanlating Shirogane no Nina....?

B... but.... I need my cute/adorable fix ;_____________________; Damn it :(

Where can I get my cute/adorable fix now....?

Oh bollocks :((((((((

Aizo

Banned
Shônen Jump
France is the one of the few countries where it makes sense to still use circumflexes in transliterated Japanese.
Macrons über alles, except in this case. This time, an umlaut because ūber sounds funny and wrong.

Edit: Interesting that they transliterate Haikyū with the macron, though. France confuses me!

Kurita

France is the one of the few countries where it makes sense to still use circumflexes in transliterated Japanese.
Macrons über alles, except in this case. This time, an umlaut because ūber sounds funny and wrong.

Edit: Interesting that they transliterate Haikyū with the macron, though. France confuses me!
It's a circumflexe on the u. The font just makes it look like a macron.

Waratte Sotomura-san 55
Even middle schoolers are making ridiculous leas in logic just to keep thinking that Sotomura-san isn't nice

Cyclops Girl Saipu 62
That was not the twist I was expecting

dramatis

WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs (rec), reviews (rev), impressions (imp).

1. A shameless and unlucky guy gets hit by a truck but is saved by a shinigami who claims he said he would marry her some years ago. For Black Yome ni Yoroshiku! 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  2. I guess I liked the series and I suppose it's up to the reader what to take away what they choose to at the very end. For Oyasumi Punpun. From akaoni. (rev)
  3. mono no aware For super cruel and terrible tales of mangaka. From Dresden. (imp)
  4. Just took a long time rereading this series. It was fairly fun. For Karin. From astrogamer. (rev) But Antiwhippy says: "Probably one of worst mangas I've read to completion."
  5. A 4-koma about girls and ghosts and stuff. Seems like something right up A Huge Battleship's alley. For Doronkyu. From Akito.
  6. The setting's great, the main character's interesting, and the sketchy art's great on its own but really shines in those action moments. For Tetsuwan Girl. From wonzo. (imp)
  7. Beautiful art for a marital story that has a girl always ending up going over to her brother's wife at the wrong time. For Elven Bride 01. From Lain. (imp)
  8. Oh holy shit it's one of these mangas. For Kousha no Ura ni wa Tenshi ga Umerarete Iru 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  9. It's all about friendship and hard work and determination. So it's pretty typically shonen in that regard, but it's been enjoyable. For Kono Oto Tomare!. From thesaucetastic. (imp)
  10. Still hitting all the right notes, especially that sex scene. For Murcielago 01. From wonzo. (imp)
  11. What's with people wanting to touch other people's butts
  12. Sweet and simple series, classic formula done well. For Maison Ikkoku. From akaoni. (rev)
  13. A spin-off featuring the good team in that loli world conquest anime. Amusing so far. For Sekai Seifuku ~Junketsu no White Light~ 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  14. This could have been the Ippo of Martial Arts. In the end it is still solid though. For Karate Minoru. From DarkMehm. (rev)
  15. This manga is filled with so much sadness. For Young Black Jack Vol 2. From Lain. (heavy duty)
  16. It definitely gives me nothing but good feelings of it though, so I'm all for more of it. For Itsuka Tomodachi ja Nakunaru to Shite mo 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  17. The story was great and the art got a lot better as it progressed. For Fruits Basket. From HypnoDarkrai. (rev)
  18. What a good ending to the manga. For Good Ending. From Mockingbird. (rev)
  19. NOMINATED FOR: For Kono S O Mi Yo 01. From Tribes of Trusty. (imp)
  20. Not bad, I liked that it's one of the few mystery survival stories where the characters work together in order to escape as opposed to outsmarting or just outright killing each other. For Enigma. From Akito. (rev)
  21. Our 25 year old protagonist came to Shinjuku because he's trying to find out who killed his father, a police officer of Akita. For Yukito Vol 1. From Lain. (imp)
  22. Wow, what a great series. This is 200% better than Bakuman. For Rin. From thesaucetastic. (imp)
  23. Just love this guy's work. He's so good atusing lines to create such evocative and beautiful sceneries. For Kotonoba Drive. From Antiwhippy. (rec)
  24. I'm not sure what this is
  25. This follows a club who solves requests where the girl can rewind time back three days and the boy who remembers everything's that happened in those lost time. For Sakurada Reset 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  26. Traps and incest. You think it would go all the way but it doesn't! What a tease! For Boku ga Otouto to Nakayoku Naru Houhou. From dakkumauji.
  27. A classic trap fantasy. With a description like that, how could you not read it. For Majo-san to Issho. From dakkumauji.
  28. It can be a tiny-bit silly at times, but does a good job of taking itself seriously and kinda fucked up at points. For Gunslinger Girl Vol 1. From PhantomOfTheKnight. (imp)
  29. The day to day life of two selfish guys living on a whim best describes the main story of this entertaining and enjoyable collection of stories from one of my favorite writers in the field. For Sweet Tale. From Dedication Through Light. (rev)
  30. I've only made a small dent into this massive series but I'm really liking the little I've read so far. For 7 Seeds. From wonzo. (imp)
  31. I... I can't remember a Oneshot that got to me quite like this one did, especially one thats only 23 pages. READ IT For A Pocket Full of Holes Forgets Everything. From wonzo. (an actual recommendation)
  32. I love it, it was a great read, the covers are always amazing, it filled me with enough warm and fuzzy feelings to last me a lifetime. Hayakawa Nojiko has my attention as an amazing mangaka now. For Kurayami ni Strobe. From dakkumauji.
  33. So far it's a pretty charming romance story with some nice bits of art. For The Kabocha Wine 01. From wonzo. (imp)
  34. Glass Rebel asking for kung fu and Akito delivering a few punches to his gut. Glass Rebel giving some impressions here.
  35. Girl marries a guy who likes her sister. Now years later after divorcing, having two kids and moving back home near her mother and sister, this series follows her lives of all these women. For Soshite, Hare ni Naru 01. From dakkumauji. (imp) Additional impressions from firehawk12 here.
  36. Giraffe man and snake girl? Looking forward to much more. For Okitenemuru 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  37. A boy who can not die is finally visited by a shinigami and now has to find a way to survive. Wasn't bad. Though I guess someone who has lived for 150ish years should have a personality a little more than a 15 year old, but I guess besides that it wasn't bad. For Shounen Endless. From dakkumauji.
  38. flawfuls with a list of recs in unusual manga.
  39. Really enjoyable story with the photo theme going on and the panel layout was a really good at times. For Kurayami ni Strobe. From Dedication Through Light. (rev)
  40. It's about a famous magician going undercover in a magician school in order to protect/become friends with his charge. For Black Haze. From thesaucetastic. (imp)
  41. A manga suited for gentlemen with fine taste For Sweet Poolside. From Tribes of Trusty. (curlyfriski: "I don't know a mangaka who does the painful awkwardness of adolescence better than Oshimi.")
  42. Either way, GET BLASTED! For Blaster Knuckle. From wonzo. (rev) Additional impressions from AlabastreAizo.
  43. A girl who doesn't understand guys, confesses to one and thus the start of their awkward relationship. For Hajiotsu 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  44. It's not as bad as you think. For Hataraite Kudasai, Haruko-sensei!. From dakkumauji. (imp?)
  45. A really engrossing take by Fujita Kazuhiro on the mythical Spring-heeled Jack that was believed to have terrorised women in 19th Century London. For Black Museum Springald. From wonzo. (rev)
  46. After humans have disappeared, aliens come down in order to investigate the empty planet and the culture that was once there. For Sanbanme no Tsuki. From dakkumauji. (rev?)
  47. Man this series was addicting as hell. For Cage of Eden. From Mockingbird. (rev/???)
  48. Such a good read. ;_; For 15 - Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu. From dakkumauji. (rev)
  49. It's a shame only two chapters of this short story collection got translated so far. For Tsukiyo no Toratsugumi. From Akito. (imp)
  50. I was fully prepared for it to just be a straight up adaptation of the anime but was glad to be wrong since it seems to be telling the origin story of sorts for Nice and Murasaki. For Hamatora 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  51. Your little too girl crazy girl joins this high school that has nothing but cultural clubs. And supposedly these clubs do battle against each other? For Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  52. So this ended being a must read since it was finally down. For BLue Sky Complex 01. From Dedication Through Light. (???)
  53. I've just finished BAMBOO BLADE. I honestly think I have never read anything as... sunny, and lighthearted as this. Really positive atmosphere all around. Really enjoyed it. From Laughing Banana.
  54. I started reading it because it seemed like a cute slice of life except about demi-humans and monster people and whatever... For Centaur no Nayami. From OniBarubary. (rev)
  55. The MC appears way more massive, smarter/cunning and all around a better badass while the antagonist seems more like a rich asshole. For Old Boy Vol 1. From Lain. (imp)
  56. I started reading this last weekend and am now re-reading through everything available. I find this to be as enjoyable as Attack on Titan, which is to say that it's very good. If you haven't checked Nihei's latest work out yet, you really ought to. For Knights of Sidonia. From ? Narayan. (imp/rec?)
  57. Story starts off with a woman sentenced to death that is cursing the world while in her cell. For Ayako Vol 1. From Lain. (detailed imp)
  58. A (love) story of a boy with seaweed hair who's been bullied since early childhood, and a hermit girl whose body is dangerously electrified. For Coulomb Fille. From Nordicus. (imp)
  59. A lesbian breaks up with her overly controlling girlfriend and decides to get shitfaced with her gay buddies at a ~bian~ bar down at Shinjuku Ni-choume. This needs to be a series so bad. For Lesbian Solo!. From wonzo.
  60. Wonderfully entertaining story about a talented green thumbed girl named Yamada who falls head over heels for her high school's track star Kase. For Asagao to Kase-san. From SDBurton. (imp)
  61. Best understanding little brother in one of these manga. For Ani no Hanashi 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  62. Really interesting story about sexual confusion/frustration, identity crisis, secret desires etc. For Himegoto - Uniforms at the age of nineteen. From Akito. (rev)
  63. Fantastic short story collection of pretty much similar ideas running though with different lead characters and character types. For Sekai wa Kimi de Mawatteru. From Dedication Through Light. (rev)
  64. Prequel to the main storyline of Senran Kagura focusing on the older girls of the group, Ikaruga and Katsuragi. For Senran Kagura SPARK. From SDBurton. (rev)
  65. A slice of life of various levels of researchers working in studying animals. For Shiina-kun no Torikemo Hyakka 01. From Dedication Through Light/dakkumauji?. (imp)
  66. A story about two girls whose job is to exterminate criminals that the police can't handle. For Murcielago 00. From SDBurton. (imp)
  67. Knowing her backstory, it was heartwarming to see her smile, for once. For Pupipo 01. From HolyBaikal. (imp?)
  68. The MC is your average high schooler, except for the minor fact that he died 10 years ago and was given a revitalising heart transplant by an oddball alien girl. For Hitoribocchi no Chikyuu Shinryaku 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  69. A batshit mass murderer is given a reprieve from her execution to work for the government killing other maniacal criminals. For Murcielago 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  70. The daily adventures of a 34 year old unemployed woman. As slice of life as you ever expect something to be. Brings memories of day gone days of being unemployed. For 34-sai Mushoku-san. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  71. This was an incredibly amusing series, pretty much every chapter made me laugh. For Ultimate!! Hentai Kamen. From dumbyugi. (rev)
  72. I am absolutely in love with this. Women's MMA with yuri? Yes please! Honma Mitsuki has some amazing arms and abs, sooooooo good! For Teppu. From SDBurton. (...)
  73. Though the time loop aspect kind of does make it feel suspenseful and unique. For All You Need is Kill 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  74. Hellooooooooo new DOUMAN Seiman series. It's amazing, awesome, everyone should read it, nothing more needs to be said. For Suicide Parabellum 01. From dakkumauji. (rec?)
  75. So yeah, it's cute, adorable, basically your nice shoujo one-shot. For The Hatsukoi Chronicle. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  76. covers covers covers For Triage X. From Lain. (???)
  77. Kurita actually reading some manga volumes and not just posting one liners.
  78. This is honestly a really weird manga. For Shion no Ou. From Antiwhippy. (imp)
  79. Yuuta fell off a tree and onto Yui and they switched bodies. Which was a couple years ago. For Shishunki Bitter Change 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  80. A former president of a company is now chased by loan sharks due to the $900k loan left to him by his scam artist ex-girlfriend. For Looking for a Father 01. From Nordicus. (imp)
  81. A rather fitting end to a really interested collection of creative takes on some classic Grimm Fairy Tales. There's no reason for people ITT not to read it now that it's completely translated either so get to it! For Sneewittchen - Geschichten nach Grimm. From wonzo. (rec)
  82. Classic Hiroaki Samura story with tons of sex and gore. And surprisingly competent German. For Beageruta 01. From Akito. (???)
  83. Pretty entertaining as this is basically someone using unorthodox ways of beating people who can actually fight. For Sentou Jousai Masurawo. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  84. It's about as confusing and complicated as you would expect from [Kumeta Kouji] and it's just about as awesome as I want it to be. For Sekkachi Hakushaku to Jikan Dorobou 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  85. In a world where the planet is dead and run by gears, a machine otaku happens upon a clockwork maiden. For Clockwork Planet 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  86. Sengoku Basara made even wackier. THIS IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT IN EVERY WHICH WAY. For Mame Sengoku Basara 01. From dakkumauji.
  87. First 85% of the manga is amateur hour in every way possible, the last 15% is a mix of awesome hype and disappointment for how the things are handled with terrible pacing. For Yu Yu Hakusho. From LeleSocho. (rev, spoilers)
  88. Being the lone survivor of a plane crash has caused Gumi to now see two versions of people. For Shiryoku Kensa 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  89. A Huge Battleship and his impressions of Goumontou wa Nemuranai - Nightmare Dream and Clockwork Planet.
  90. A story about a vocalist who gets kicked out of her band and meeting the new vocalist who is going to replace her. For Sarishinohara. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  91. A cute little one-shot about a girl who listens to a pianist practicing and wondering what she means to him. For Kiritorisen. From dakkuamauji. (rev)
  92. Manga series based off vocaloid songs seems to be the new rage now, which interest me so. For Mozaik Role 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  93. Even if it hadnt had an update since the early part of 2013 it still was extremely memorable. For Sawattemo Ii kana 02. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  94. Intriguing, sad, and oddly romantic. For The Dream of an Elephant. From NeoSoma. (rev)
  95. Stuffed toy otaku gets more than what he bargains for when a naked man claiming to be a stuffed toy starts living in his room. For Nuigurumi Kurasshu 01. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  96. This was a fun manga. Not too plot focused and sort off requires some skimming the plot but a good spinoff of the series. For Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?. From astrogamer. (rev)
  97. Dude's got style. Decent if generic oneshot about supernatural ability users blasting the body parts off each-other, with a side helping of induced amnesia. Not a bad start to the year. For Meminisse ~SaixRai~. From A Huge Battleship.
  98. All the male students in a school have been implanted with a chip that will explode if they don't find love and mate by the end of school. For Akarui Sekai Keikaku 01. From Stulaw. (imp)

Tripon

KNIM Whatever the fucking number was, series ran way too long

Jeez, the art took a nose dive in the last issue.

Fuuka 1

Hey, did you know that Twitter officially has a new manga series! You do now!

wWWLiH2.png

Tripon

Shokugeki No Soma
Reeeeaaally ? Foie gras purée et fromage ?
What's the correlation to curry anymore ?

Tadokoro part of the chapter was cool though.

It was a deconstructed curry dish. All the flavors you would normally find in a curry are taken apart and treated as its own part of the dish, and the trick is that it should take similar to a tradtional curry dish.

Vito

Banned
Hm, Crunchyroll still seems 5 chapters short of catching up with the new ones, I'll guess I'll have to wait re-reading it. The magazine raws are horrible, so this should be a more pleasant, consistent read.

There was Ice Revolution that ran in Jump Square. It got canceled after 8 issues though.

The Seven Deadly Sins 65

Now this is how you do comedy action. Fairy Tail move over!
Oh my heck that looks so schway. If it was an exorcism manga it would've survived in Jump SQ.

CoolS

Kingdom

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Everyone but him :(

akaoni

Banned
I'm just kidding around, I'm referring to this;

"I guess I liked the series and I suppose it's up to the reader what to take away what they choose to at the very end."

El Sloth

Banned
Red Hawk finally started calling Nanatsu no Taizai The Seven Deadly Sins. I wonder what finally made them start using the English title.

oh gosh, all my impressions again :>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waratte! Sotomura-san 55

Young brother cross-dressing made the chapter worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom