• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Early Access thread | See That Standard Edition Over There? You Can Upgrade It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any rat bastards decide to blow up the ECS Constant? RPG speaking of course.
looks like I’m gonna be out laying all my money on this quest.

DeaDPo0L84

Did a pretty long quest line to get a better ship, 100% worth it, I actually enjoy space battles. Also got a variant of the Grendel that fires incendiary rounds, even the NPC was enjoying it:
Screenshot-2023-09-04-124501.png
Screenshot-2023-09-04-124158.png

I noticed something cool when looking at a stream. The player was doing a certain mission in one of the cities that required him to speak to others, and one of the people he spoke to had their own separate quest, but they had the quest giver smartly tell the player 'come talk to me again when you're done with your errand' instead of sidelining you on a completely different track. The potential new quest was still added to the person's quest list, but in a very smart way of doing things the game didn't break the player's flow and encouraged that they finish their specific quest first while still giving the option to switch if they wanted to.

This is much different than Bethesda's past games where you would collect new quest after new quest in a condensed area and suddenly you felt sidetracked and would normally veer way off course from what you originally were doing, or at worst you would mix up quests and end up messing up the original quest you were trying to do. Even though the UI and tutorials in this game don't seem great enough, it's little stuff like that which can improve the overall experience.

Looking forward to playing when it releases... Any minute now.

hollams

Gold Member
Guess I have a bug.

When I'm on a planet and scanning things it shows the number of them and how many I've scanned. For some reason only when I scan resources does it increase the number I've scanned, for flora and fauna the number remains 0. When I do scan them the total percentage complete goes up so I hope it does account for them. Anyone else have this bug?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Guess I have a bug.

When I'm on a planet and scanning things it shows the number of them and how many I've scanned. For some reason only when I scan resources does it increase the number I've scanned, for flora and fauna the number remains 0. When I do scan them the total percentage complete goes up so I hope it does account for them. Anyone else have this bug?
Did you scan them multiple times? You get about 11% per scan on flora and fauna. Need to get to 100% to check it off.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

It might be a FOV mod I have but anyone else notice in 1st person weapon lasers look really funky when running? Like your gun is facing far left but the laser is still pointing mostly straight. It doesn't do it in 3rd person though.

My hot take. Color filter is fine. It's a bit too much in some places. But it gives the game a unique fell.
I tried trurning it off or toning it down (with mods) but I honestly prefer how the game looks with it on.

Luipadre

My hot take. Color filter is fine. It's a bit too much in some places. But it gives the game a unique fell.
I tried trurning it off or toning it down (with mods) but I honestly prefer how the game looks with it on.

Same. It only bothers me in caves. Its really shitty there, especially on my OLED.

SCB3

What the fuck is wrong wiht the Guards in this, I was doing the Quest with Sam to get a map and Distracted his Dad, literally the second I stole them a Guard came smashing into the house and arrested me! I didn't even have time to react adn there wasn't anyone even near me or even in the house!

Also decided to do the Freestar Ranger quests, they've been fun and varied, Neon is a gorgeous place that reminds me so much of Cyberpunks "Night City"

Luipadre

Just discovered ship building and crafting, fuck me this game is phenomenal, so much to it, this is a marvel from Bethesda.

Wanted to see how big of a ship I could make, it's so big i get lost around the interior 😭

LMKAyr1.jpg

jesus wish i had the patient for ship building and outpost building :D Im just gonna buy a new ship from my hard earned money :)

cormack12

Gold Member
I have just got the tedium finished before starfield falls boys!!!!!

44364e63-a082-4dd2-b8secgy.png

Built a wind powered uranium extractor. Pretty easy to start the outpost stuff.

I'm curious about this. As it sounds up my street. Can I just build an automated outpost that gathers resources and farms them all back to me automatically?

Once you've set them up do you ever return to the planets themselves? I might play as Sadie Adler from RDR2 or Number 6 from BGS. Maybe Panam or Judy too. Either way I'm gonna be a slut. So decorate those ships with red lights and black sheets gentlemen

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I have just got the tedium finished before starfield falls boys!!!!!

44364e63-a082-4dd2-b8secgy.png

I'm curious about this. As it sounds up my street. Can I just build an automated outpost that gathers resources and farms them all back to me automatically?

Once you've set them up do you ever return to the planets themselves? I might play as Sadie Adler from RDR2 or Number 6 from BGS. Maybe Panam or Judy too. Either way I'm gonna be a slut. So decorate those ships with red lights and black sheets gentlemen
I'm still figuring out how it works. So far I got a uranium extractor. Said it needed power so I got the windmill. Then built a storage tank next to it and a tiny robot to watch it. Ran out of aluminum after that for construction. There's options for housing and something about linking outposts together too that I dont fully get yet. As far as I can tell I might have to pick it up? Unsure.

Dropped the game. Not feeling the gameplay loop rn and got fucking bored of jumping through menus to travel. I feel I'm gonna enjoy this game way more playing again a few months later tho. Maybe I'm just burned out after BG3.

DeaDPo0L84

30 hours in and finally went to the moon for the first time:

Edit:Wasn't going to mess with heavy weapons too much but there is a grenade launcher that gains bonuses from other perks I had already put points into. You can mod it where it instead of firing one single straight shot it'll fire a shorter distance round that explodes mid-air and drops a bunch of cluster bombs, it pretty much wipes any groups out instantly.
Screenshot-2023-09-04-145006.png
Screenshot-2023-09-04-145227.png
Screenshot-2023-09-04-145455.png
Screenshot-2023-09-04-145827.png

Last edited:
If you're going to track research projects, be sure to untrack them before completing them. The magnifying glass symbol next to the resources that you are tracking does not go away when you complete a project and the option to untrack vanishes when the project is complete. I've been looking around for a solution and all I've found are people saying the same with no answers. It's hard to believe that they would overlook that. AFAIK, we need a patch or a mod to take care of this. If anyone knows a way to untrack those materials, please let me know.

*nvm I think it's just a bug that shows up occasionally. I just messed around with tracking and completing and the symbols are gone at the vendors for now.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

Good reasons why not to rush to NG+, spoiler free. Makes up my mind that ill just be sticking with this play through.
I'm happy never entering NG+ but I do wonder if the story doesn't properly close. Or if the final mission before NG+ is kind of just a well done chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom