• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Woah, you guys talk dirty while my head being hammered in class by lecture.

1. Konkitto 2. Homunculus 3. Hisasi 4. Lunch 5. Takayaki 6. Udon-Ya 7. Inazuma 8. Bareisho 9. NaPaTa 10. 2Gou
top ten list of stuff:
1. Hyocorou
2. Yamatogawa
3. MARUTA
4. Hisasi
5. Shiwasu no Okina
6. Akatsuki Myuuto
7. NaPaTa
8. ReDrop
9. Asagi Ryu
10. Aoki Kanji

my tastes are pretty boring

No you do good.

PIG

A truly heart-wrenching tale about all the perils Link went through to face Ganon
and lose

Everytime someone read ShindoL doujinshi or manga, a little cute puppy and kitten die, run over by truck or other terrible things you can think off. Please, stop it.

Well for anyone who have the stomach to read it, go on. Personally my stomach began to stir even by seeing the tags. Also you can guest my taste from the list above lololol

Aunt Tits 113
Why each chapter have to be so short? WHY?

Vito

Banned
Le chapitre spécial de Giganto maxia, ne sera pas dans le Young Animal n°05 (28/02) mais dans le n°06 (14/03).

https://twitter.com/manganewsjapon/status/432853682808291328

In case it ain't obvious, the special Gigantomakhia will be published not in this year's fifth issue of Young Animal but in the 6th which goes on sale (officially) March 14th. Berserk was promised to come after it... lol.

I bet Miura looks at Mujaki no Rakuen with envy thinking "gee, this guy gets to draws lolis all the time, meanwhile I'm stuck with Berserk and have to invent a whole new series to do more of it, I wish I could be more open like him".

Shengar

Eh, it's not like every shindoL story ends in gut-wrenching tragedy. Most do, but not all!

Maybe, but I don't want to look to every story he made because my morbid curiosity will ended up clicking on of the interesting page, even though my stomach already stirred from the tag, and only to regret it later.

Shaman King Flowers 18-20

Im really interested to know what that Yoh and Hao chat was bout but this Hana's inner spirit quest will do just fine.

Lain

Everytime someone read ShindoL doujinshi or manga, a little cute puppy and kitten die, run over by truck or other terrible things you can think off. Please, stop it.

I'm guessing that when someone read a Nanashi donjon, kitties and puppies get roasted alive and then eaten.

I've read some stuff today, gotta comment on it later when I have time to put my thoughts together, but I'll anticipate that I loved the first volume of Trinity Seven.

Theonik

Maybe, but I don't want to look to every story he made because my morbid curiosity will ended up clicking on of the interesting page, even though my stomach already stirred from the tag, and only to regret it later.
The nabe one and the wheelchair are fairly clean or at least have good ends. TSF monogatari does too from what I know but the path to it is typical shindoL nonsense.

Akito

Elfen Lied v6-7
clq5twtppdvmxz6ah.png
Oh FFS, stop it with this ridiculous split personalities bullshit. Okamoto just switched between them at his convenience so that he didn't have to explain shit and could prolong this mess.

Hamatora 2
tumblr_n0sa4zGKRL1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Manga gives the series a slightly darker feel but still just as cool as the anime. Nice here does seem way more competant and skilled and Murasaki a bit more on the clueless kind of side. Placing the distance within the police headquarters did make it more intense and dangerous, I wonder if the next location will be somewhere still in harms way of the public and not something secluded.

Lain

Teppu 23-24 [RAW]

Once again I'm forced to resort to raws for this one, which fills me with so much sadness.
On the other hand, what glorious chapters they are. I don't understand a lick of Japanese, but I can understand images, and those images talked to me and told me all I need to know. Natsuuoooo!

LeleSocho

Banned
Teppu 23-24 [RAW]

Once again I'm forced to resort to raws for this one, which fills me with so much sadness.
On the other hand, what glorious chapters they are. I don't understand a lick of Japanese, but I can understand images, and those images talked to me and told me all I need to know. Natsuuoooo!

Ohgoshgoshgoshgoshgosh...
You got me hyped!

Yakozen 3

Chiba and Monji were the better couple so to see things just break off was sad, could truly feel the tears there as things went on. I hope they meet again.

Green Worldz 9-10
tumblr_n0sbymTGgu1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I always enjoy the places the writers puts the colour pages, one was a bit on the brutal side with him being cut in half...but at least we get one dedicated to lead character in full who is pretty well designed. The aspect of building walls, against these transformed humans that can make the plants carnivorous, feels like something out of other series, so not really original. Since its impractical for the basis of the story, I hope it wont go there.

Quixzlizx

Some severe story/character issues aside, it at least drew me in a bit as far as powers/concepts went.

Figuring out/being introduced to new diary powers was at least a stronger hook to keep me interested than a lot of other series.

As expected it built up to nothing though, even good/great quality manga of this nature tend to have bad conclusions so that's not too shocking.

At least it didn't take nearly 400 chapters to get to a shit ending like Gantz did, that's still my #1 contender for worst manga ending ever.

I thought Mirai Nikki was pretty entertaining, and I didn't even think the ending was that bad considering how bad it could've been (although it was a WTF ending). To me, Elfen Lied would be an example of a manga in that category that just did everything worse to the point of me being annoyed that I read it at the end. I can't even remember the plot beyond what happened in the anime.

Finalizer

Teppu 23-24 [RAW]

Oh man, didn't even think to look for raws of this one. Looks like there's one for 25 out as well.

Lain

Oh man, didn't even think to look for raws of this one. Looks like there's one for 25 out as well.

That's the second best piece of info you could have given me.

Edit: Another flashback chapter? About Yuzuko this time? And it's both cute and scary? I... I can't...

Vito

Banned
Yeah, I reposted the Teppuu 25 raw from Share today.

It's nice seeing them break up the tournament with glimpses into the characters' pasts. Edit: I added the cover for chapter 24 because it's awesome and a reference to this. (shoot me if it's a repost, I know I've spammed it around the internets before)

Lain

I wanted to post that image! Damn kid Yuzuko is too cute (it's those eyebrows).
There is also another face that is way too cute (MMA girl crying).

Akito

Elfen Lied v8
And suddenly there's a sadistic guy equipped with a gun, which can shoot out thorny and poisonous balls and is very effective against Diclonii. So the super secret organization which devotes itself to the research of Diclonii didn't even have the knowledge nor funding to equip its staff with something like that?

Lain

Elfen Lied v8
And suddenly there's a sadistic guy equipped with a gun, which can shoot out thorny and poisonous balls and is very effective against Diclonii. So the super secret organization which devotes itself to the research of Diclonii didn't even have the knowledge nor funding to equip its staff with something like that?

And the best is yet to come.

akaoni

Banned
H2
Most people will be familiar with Adachi from Cross Game, or his first big baseball series Touch. H2 was in the middle, same formula as Cross Game at least, a high-school baseball team with a romance running alongside it. The romance consists of 4 people this time around but I'll not say anything more than that. It's kind of the bastard child of the 3 series and while I can only compare it to Cross Game it has a lot of the same hallmarks with character designs, behaviour, humour, in fact you might even spot the same designs in both series very quickly, which even the author pokes fun at when he appears within the story itself. I liked the series, held my attention as the relationships between the major characters unreel while making their way to win the Koushien (Japanese high school baseball tournament) in order for the 2 major male characters that are best friends, to have their ultimate showdown with the pitcher vs the batter. My biggest complaint is that it does run for quite a length at 34 volumes but Adachi material sits well with me due to the focus on the sport itself panel wise and no-bullshit dialogue. Not as good as Cross Game but a very readable series in itself, now I just need to read Touch.

Akito

And the best is yet to come.
Nice
lol

H2
Most people will be familiar with Adachi from Cross Game, or his first big baseball series Touch. H2 was in the middle, same formula as Cross Game at least, a high-school baseball team with a romance running alongside it. The romance consists of 4 people this time around but I'll not say anything more than that. It's kind of the bastard child of the 3 series and while I can only compare it to Cross Game it has a lot of the same hallmarks with character designs, behaviour, humour, in fact you might even spot the same designs in both series very quickly, which even the author pokes fun at when he appears within the story itself. I liked the series, held my attention as the relationships between the major characters unreel while making their way to win the Koushien (Japanese high school baseball tournament) in order for the 2 major male characters that are best friends, to have their ultimate showdown with the pitcher vs the batter. My biggest complaint is that it does run for quite a length at 34 volumes but Adachi material sits well with me due to the focus on the sport itself panel wise and no-bullshit dialogue. Not as good as Cross Game but a very readable series in itself, now I just need to read Touch.
I enjoyed both CG and Touch more than H2 but I though that the later did the baseball part the best, it was dope to actually see a team compete at Koushien and not only earn the right to play there so I didn't mind the length one bit. The Hiro-Hideo rivalry was awesome, the same for the friendship between the 4 MCs.

Vito

Banned
Cross Game is probably the best of the bunch IMHO, though I have enjoyed all of Adachi's sports manga I've read so far (5 or 6 titles I believe?). His stories are all pretty similar though, so if I liked one chances are you'll like the others as well.

Akito

Elfen Lied v9
Oh noes, Lucy is back as well even though her horns broke off last time, says no one ever. Ah well, they just magically grew back anyway. Clones of the most powerful Diclonii entering the fray? Sure whatever.

akaoni

Banned
Nice
lol

I enjoyed both CG and Touch more than H2 but I though that the later did the baseball part the best, it was dope to actually see a team compete at Koushien and not only earn the right to play there so I didn't mind the length one bit. The Hiro-Hideo rivalry was awesome, the same for the friendship between the 4 MCs.

Didn't want to mention that they do go to the Koushien in the series itself unlike Cross Game, I'm overly considerate. I did enjoy reading the series a lot and it did hold my attention with how the baseball side went that much further than Cross Game. It would be impossible to hate one and like the other, which is a great thing in my eyes. They're worth reading if you like either one.

Funnily enough, my complaints about Rough and what I've read of Katsu was that the sports side did not feel that developed, just a backdrop to the character interactions.

jbug617

Banned
Mix 1-19

I really love baseball stories.
So the one brother is going to fall in love with his stepsister and the other with the neighbor?

Akito

Didn't want to mention that they do go to the Koushien in the series itself unlike Cross Game, I'm overly considerate. I did enjoy reading the series a lot and it did hold my attention with how the baseball side went that much further than Cross Game. It would be impossible to hate one and like the other, which is a great thing in my eyes. They're worth reading if you like either one.

Funnily enough, my complaints about Rough and what I've read of Katsu was that the sports side did not feel that developed, just a backdrop to the character interactions.
You can say that about Rough but I found that Katsu did concentrate quite a bit on the boxing side.

Mix 1-19

I really love baseball stories.
So the one brother is going to fall in love with his stepsister and the other with the neighbor?
Adachi pairings are mostly very obvious from the get go but the journeys to the end are what matters in this case.

Biorg Trinity 5
Best chapter of the series thus far. Its certainly gotten much more easier to follow while stepping it up in the high climax action moments dept. Hosa is easily best fighter thus far and has really grown on me over time as he and Fuji are hilarious in class. Their friendship has evolved quite far even if both are united in simply wanting to protect Fumiho. But to see Fuji come all the way out in that powerful scene and just think and suggest the unthinkable to Hosa made it extremely memorable. I need the next chapter.

I know that deep inside the atoms you enjoyed it.

Haikyuu!! 6-10
Oh man this is going to be a mess does it?

What do you mean? Its a pretty fantastic and well paced series giving great attention to the most important matches, and just about every character on the teams. I was impressed even from chp 1 to current. Hope you stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom