• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
And I should re-read Rough, it's been a long time since the last read.

I think I liked Rough better than Katsu, It was a pretty good read. I should get on Blue's case to edit more MIX... also it's damn depressing Adachi's oneshots never got scanned. :(

LeleSocho

Banned
What do you mean? Its a pretty fantastic and well paced series giving great attention to the most important matches, and just about every character on the teams. I was impressed even from chp 1 to current. Hope you stick with it.

I was referencing at the next match with Hinata being ultra nervous, i'll absolutely continue reading it don't worry :D
I can even see why you like it, don't know why but i think that yaoi love would works perfectly in this manga.

Akito

I think I liked Rough better than Katsu, It was a pretty good read. I should get on Blue's case to edit more MIX... also it's damn depressing Adachi's oneshots never got scanned. :(
We can only hope that they'll get compiled into a short story collection sometime in the future.
What's the deal with MIX, still no translator?

Vito

Banned
We can only hope that they'll get compiled into a short story collection sometime in the future.
What's the deal with MIX, still no translator?

New translator took over MIX, now it's more of the issue of getting people actually work on it. I'll nag the editor when he's on IRC later and see where things are at the moment.

Sadly the Qualia translator is still unmotivated to do the final volume. :(

Akito

Elfen Lied v11
Of course the organization had an army of Diclonius inside its basement and of course they were all naked teenage girls. Oh, and a machine filled with enlarged Diclonius organs can produce giant vectors and also cancel vectors from living Diclonii. :bow Okamoto :bow
lol

Kurita

I was referencing at the next match with Hinata being ultra nervous, i'll absolutely continue reading it don't worry :D
I can even see why you like it, don't know why but i think that yaoi love would works perfectly in this manga.

Sports manga = easy fujoushi bait

BLue Exorcist 54
tumblr_n0sl3xp3HW1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Great colour page. The secret of the place did turn out like expected with brainwashing and such for the people, easily meaning tons of variety in potential enemies they could run into in the infiltration. Still hoping shima comes back to the good side.

LeleSocho

Banned
I will answer your post with the most effective and delicate way to handle anime/manga discussions the internet has taught me...

Your Waifu is a shit.

But the sport in Eyeshield 21 is a better action manga than Naruto and Bleach.

Not like I read Naruto or Bleach anyway!

I dropped Haikyuu because I just can't get excited about vollyball. I liked Eyeshield because Football is awesome though!

Now make some manga based on Ice Hockey and I'll be happy

Well to be fair, I am finding the baseball in Ookiku to be fairly interesting.

I also enjoyed all the rugby in that awesome rugby series as well.

But sports still bore me!

World Trigger 48
Still on Team WorldTrigger...It was a pretty exciting chapter start if only for the fact of the Headquarters action and Tachikawa. Beyond that Im rather excited for the potential action and antics that could come from Satori and the others of Arashiyama squad with Yuma on their team for the next segment of this arc. Tokieda and Satori get a chance for some really intense action since Yuma does like to get into trouble with these Trion Soldiers so they will most likely have to do something. Looking forward to next weeks.

Nordicus

Comic Studio 1-26 (end)

It's like I was reading just another cute hentai manga, but the build-up extended to 26 chapters.

A guy who wants to be a mangaka through drawing a shonen battle series, is told "moe manga or bust" by the editor and then he is offered apprenticeship under his favorite mangaka, who the protagonist thinks is an older man (due to the long-running nature of the series), but is actually 20-year-old girl.

I honestly disliked how explicit of a moe loli character Ichiko was, and how often she used that pouty babyface expression. However, the fact that her attraction to the Aihara starts out being very physical was a rather interesting sort of contrast.

Not a lot of tsundere-isms or anything that hide her feelings, Ichiko pretty much sees the protagonist's rock hard abs and goes "hubba hubba". Given how convoluted and dramatic the starts for a lot of these romances are, this kind of a beginning was rather refreshing. Although Aihara being bit too much of a loser character at times, was not.

The perverted humor, and Ichiko's attempts to make Aihara get a fucking clue are probably the only notable good parts about this. Not really good but probably enough to keep you smiling and d'awwing through the more boring stuff.

Your mileage may vary

Edit: Oh damn, I just remembered another positive thing for this manga. Despite that there's both an onsen chapter and beach chapter, I don't remember a SINGLE breast comparison/groping/envy scene. That's worth some motherfucking applause!

Lewd...

Akito

Elfen Lied v12 (end)
Was that a NTR ending?
Overall one of the most poorly written story pieces I've ever read, with one of the most poorly done art. The anime is like a masterpiece in comparison because it ended before the story jumped the shark and it had non-amateurish art. I hope the people at least recog...

clqf8l4apoz2no3r2.jpg

clqf8sab0iwjgac5a.jpg

clqf90aild5vfjzzy.jpg

ipUT7GBgCblIq.gif

Elfen Lied v12 (end)
Was that a NTR ending?
Overall one of the most poorly written story pieces I've ever read, with one of the most poorly done art. The anime is like a masterpiece in comparison because it ended before the story jumped the shark and it had non-amateurish art. I hope the people at least recog...

clqf8l4apoz2no3r2.jpg

clqf8sab0iwjgac5a.jpg

clqf90aild5vfjzzy.jpg

ipUT7GBgCblIq.gif

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

All You Need Is Kill 4

It was a bit better with longer chapters but Keiji is still one I want to succeed. The way he's drawn is probably the highlight of the series, though the battle suit designs too. If some of the bulk could be decreased and they look a bit less clunky, then theyd be alright too.

Charade

Prison School 98

And here I'm left wondering what Kurihara wanted to give to Meiko that required her "heart to be ready" first.
*Puts on goggles*
The panels of the chairman during that motivating flashback were also golden.

Vito

Banned
Wow CRs manga selection is sub par

Sub-par? How can you say that, they've only just started and already managed to fuck over US publishers with Japan lol (that's a sad lol). They have some decent titles and they're on their way to fill the back issue catalog so I think it's pretty decent for a start.

wonzo

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";100271150]I doubt developing good people was the objective of the experiment.[/QUOTE]
I doubt the point was to create mentally unstable people that'd kill others at the drop of a hat either.

I doubt the point was to create mentally unstable people that'd kill others at the drop of a hat either.

The only point was to create people with a high chance of survivability in an unpredictable environment, which has shown to be successful.

Their mental state doesn't matter when it comes to repopulating a species with a handful of people scattered around the country that could viably never meet each other.

Being a good person only matters generations later.

Comic Studio 1-26 (end)

Edit: Oh damn, I just remembered another positive thing for this manga. Despite that there's both an onsen chapter and beach chapter, I don't remember a SINGLE breast comparison/groping/envy scene. That's worth some motherfucking applause!

Sounds like What A Tease, the manga.

wonzo

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";100304750]The only point was to create people with a high chance of survivability in an unpredictable environment, which has shown to be successful.

Their mental state doesn't matter when it comes to repopulating a species with a handful of people scattered around the country that could viably never meet each other.

Being a good person only matters generations later.[/QUOTE]
I doubt those generations would even come if it wasn't for the other teams as I don't see any of their kids surviving the abuse from their psychopathic parents.

Vito

Banned
Aozora Yell v1-2

It's a fairly simple premise Tsubasa sees the brass band play at Koshien so she joins the school to be in it, meets Daisuke, a catcher for the baseball team, with similar dreams.

Full disclaimer: girl looked slightly tomboyish and my Adachi overdoses made me fond of baseball on top of it...

I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to shoujo artwork, I'm not sure what bothers me, the panels, the vague backgrounds or the usual anatomy or lack of thereof. And the scan quality near the end of v2 tanking since another group picked it up does not improve things at all. I think there's about 6 volumes worth of translated material while in Japan it's up to volume 14... sigh. The quality is seriously offputting.

The girl seems to have plenty of issues to work on but Daisuke seems to be the driving force to overcome her shy nature and at the end of the second volume she made a few friends in the band and sort of came to realize everyone has problems. Oh and of course love is starting make its way into the story as well.

Author of the manga is Kazune Kawahara, I think read some of her High School Debut (published by Viz) and I heard good things about Ore Monogatari (cover on the left)

Cover on the right is Gessan (where MIX is published)... I had it lying around and though it was cute, so I posted it :p I should probably get around to Ao Haru Ride, forgot where I left that one at... sigh me and shoujo.

Yumekui Merry 67

The fusion was awesome. New character is really entertaining. Dat ending lol.

Pumpkin Scissors 35-36

Bwahahaha dat imouto. It will be cool to see Orlando past.

Lain

Just to clarify, is this referring to the Arpeggio thing where Seven Seas said they're not involved with the CR simulpub?

I'm interpreting it as meaning that CR just started publishing manga (digitally) and already has quite a number of stuff.
Also because dealing with Japanese publishers seems to be a pain the ass when you want to get certain licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom