• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seitokai Tantei Kirika 06

MvtMhdB.png

I rather like how the mystery resolved. I'm liking how this series is going, the cases are interesting and I like the characters too.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Really it was charming and captivating all the way through, the sci fi stuff with the wasps and the whole plot regarding it and No. 6's purpose is done well. It is balanced well with the high friendship values.

It just reads like bad fanfiction. No one interacts remotely like that in real life. The romance is just... cheesy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Toriko
Well that was abrupt the marriage proposal/acceptance--seems like something Luffy would do with Hancock.

Not really abrupt no, at least it is known that Rin likes Toriko from wayyy back and he never actually rejected her advances.

Luffy x Hancock is just stupid and serve nothing more than just a plot device to get Luffy to that prison thing.

Nothing beats the love confession from Uchuu Kyoudai though. A love sign from modded jet? Now that's manly.

Not really abrupt no, at least it is known that Rin likes Toriko from wayyy back and he never actually rejected her advances.

Luffy x Hancock is just stupid and serve nothing more than just a plot device to get Luffy to that prison thing.

Nothing beats the love confession from Uchuu Kyoudai though. A love sign from modded jet? Now that's manly.
Started the anime recently and caught up just yesterday

Glorious Series... Glorious Scene

Too bad the heart was sideways

Naruto

Stupidity level reached is over 9000..... That one guy whose name I forgot could be the one near Sasuke. The wood user guy that was part of the tree that is no longer there anymore. Then again Karin doesn't recognize him so it might not be him. We are probably gonna get some bullshit about Black Zetsu turning on Madara ala Gin style and get pwned.

Kishi would have to not even know what he is doing if he makes Black Zetsu turn on Madara. Black Zetsu is madara's will and why would Madara want to kill himself when he is so close to his goal?

Kishi would have to not even know what he is doing if he makes Black Zetsu turn on Madara. Black Zetsu is madara's will and why would Madara want to kill himself when he is so close to his goal?

Madaraception bro. Why be just a Madara plant clone when you can take over the main body and be the main guy?

PK Gaming

Bleach

You've gotta... be... kidding... me

So not only does Rukia not get a proper win (it's been a long time coming) Kubo rehashes the same fight sequence.

Screw this, I wish Byakuya died for good.

Kieli

At least we still got a regular serializing Hunter X Hunter as a big Jump series subverting typical shounen bullshit.

:lol

Cerity

Kimi ni Koishite Desu Ka 1 - 6
M7eFmJm.png

This series is just so... entertainingly pure. Uses the trope of a scary looking guy not being scary at all and also inserts the emotionally/socially under developed aspect.

Seitokai Tantei Kirika 07

Gotta say good conclusion to this arc. I really like how the main character has integrated himself into the student council and he's actually making a name for himself instead of being dragged around by someone's bidding, for now.

Looking forward to seeing what the next arc brings.

Charade

Yamada 97

Seems like the new witch already started working her magic. Speaking of new witches, for some reason I was remembering that archer girl from way back. I always thought it was weird she disappeared, her design had staying power.

Lemonade 8-11

Finally the nickname arc is over (hopefully).

Vito

Banned
Latest WSJ cover & color page (new series I-Shoujo or whatever)

Jump Next announcement page, here's what it says written by manganewsjapon

1) Jump Next 2014 Vol.01 (14/03) : Haikyû (Couv & Poster), Daijirô Nonoue / Kaette Kure Aratora-man (Oneshot, 47p, Color), Kuroko (Poster).

2) Jump Next 2014 Vol.01 (14/03) : Masahiro Hirakata / Best Blue (Oneshot, 50p, Color), Sôma (Special chap, 7p), Isobe (Special chap, 15p).

3) Jump Next 2014 Vol.01 (14/03) : Bangai-hen (Soul Catchers, World Trigger & Nisekoi).

Le Jump Next passe bimestriel (6 numéros par an). Donc pour cette année : mars, mai, juillet, septembre et décembre.

Posted by Kaze on M-H. I'm guessing someone might have already posted the Jump Next news.

exarkun

Beelz

So uhhh is this manga ending? That was awwwfully quick for basically the last boss.

And if so, why? Is it not selling well or something? Its been a very enjoyable ride, moreso than most.

Westlo

Beelz

So uhhh is this manga ending? That was awwwfully quick for basically the last boss.

And if so, why? Is it not selling well or something? Its been a very enjoyable ride, moreso than most.

It's pretty much the worst selling established series in the mag, the anime series didn't give the manga a significant sales boost etc. I mean you break Jump down into the old and new...

Old guard
One Piece, Hunter X Hunter (when it runs) Naruto, Bleach, Kuroko, Gintama, Toriko, Kochikame (untouchable), Beelzebub.

New guard
Assassination Classroom, Shokugeki no Soma, Hq!!, Nisekoi, PSI Kusuo Saiki, World Trigger

What would you end from the older series before Beelzebub? Ending Beelzebub along with 2 new series that are going shit increases their chance of getting another AC or Soma.... You stay static in Jump and you're not a top tier seller you're dead. Shaman King, Mago, Medaka Box, Sket Dance (though I don't know if this ended naturally) and now Beelzebub... and some other examples are Mx0 and Psyren... though they didn't even get an anime to give them a chance of being more popular.

Westlo

Aside from World Trigger I read all the new guard series.

I liked typed that new/old guard breakdown up 5 months ago, anything new in Jump that stuck? I see Soul Catchers is selling 40k opening week in the latest sales figures. I don't keep up with Jump as much these days after Medaka Box finished. Anything promising that's started recently?

Kurita

I liked typed that new/old guard breakdown up 5 months ago, anything new in Jump that stuck? I see Soul Catchers is selling 40k opening week in the latest sales figures. I don't keep up with Jump as much these days after Medaka Box finished. Anything promising that's started recently?
Not really, you mentionned all the new series that managed to become popular.

Soma

The recent arc in Shokugeki no Soma is getting a little repetitive but that latest chapter was so good.

All I could think of was "Man I would love to see an anime adaption do Tadokoro's flashback montage some justice." I'm so proud of her!

Cwarrior

I want to love something new, but this new guard-o is all disappointing phoned in shit, sad part is there intentionally crap in order to sell to that easy o-crowd.

Westlo

I want to love something new, but this new guard-o is all disappointing phoned in shit, sad part is there intentionally crap in order to sell to that easy o-crowd.

They went like 2 years with their best selling new series being beezlebub followed by medaka box. So you can see why this shit is phoned in and fuck it's worked for Jump.

Double Arts to Nisekoi :(

Cerity

Cloth Road 1-13

Nice art, nice world and a nice start to the series. I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't heard of it earlier. And then the author decided to do this page?

It's just plain wierd yo, considering the art style.

Soma

Cloth Road 1-13

Nice art, nice world and a nice start to the series. I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't heard of it earlier. And then the author decided to do this page?

It's just plain wierd yo, considering the art style.
Well now I'm suddenly interested.

Vito

Banned

Despite the huge print numbers, WSJ is hardly the only magazine. There are others catering to different demographics.

Cwarrior

They went like 2 years with their best selling new series being beezlebub followed by medaka box. So you can see why this shit is phoned in and fuck it's worked for Jump.

Double Arts to Nisekoi :(

Funny thing about niseboi is that the one shot was slightly less bland and generic but when it got serialised they decided to wash away any character from it and to up the bland and generic to 11 for maximum safe bet sales.

Turned out to be big success for them :/

LeleSocho

Banned
This series is just so... entertainingly pure. Uses the trope of a scary looking guy not being scary at all and also inserts the emotionally/socially under developed aspect.
So he's reading Toradora?

Haikyuu is an Alien spin-off, judging by the heads.
*ded*

Baby Steps 203
I totally expect Maruo using 1/200 to counter the bazooka.

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo 7
You are so fucked up man...

upandaway

I guess we've held ourselves from doing this long enough, and this is as good a time as any to sit down and finally divide everyone here by favorite magazines. Smut is also represented. Choose whatever you want but here's some kind of list for formality's sake:

Weekly Shonen Jump (Fullmetal Alchemist, Shingeki no Kyojin, Berserk)
Weekly Shonen Magazine (Baby Steps, KNIM, GE)
Weekly Shonen Sunday (Takkoku, Anagle Mole)
Weekly Young Jump (REAL, Kingdom, Minamoto)
Jump SQ (Blue Exorcist, TLRD)
Shonen Gangan (FMA)
Young Gangan (Saki, Ubel Blatt)
Gangan JOKER (Akame ga Kill)
Comic X-Eros (just trying to accommodate those peeps)
Comic Kairakuten (gotta have equality here)
Comic Shitsurakuten (and a pyramid)

upandaway:
sunday all day every day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom