• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Good to see CR start to fill in the back-catalogue for Soredemo (v1-5, same tl as jmanga), Inside Mari (all of it!), & Silver Nina (ch1-12).

Pupipo 12
pupipo12.png

I wanna sumo with Po-chan ( ´ 3 ` ) ~sumo

Quasar

Sora no Otoshimono end

So hold on, Angeloid Sohara and human Sohara are two different people? How does that work?

Well I guess that was a happy ending, but I feel like it needed more build up and foreshadowing. Really have no idea if Sohara being a genius Angeloid that was responsible for a lot of stuff was planned or not.

That's a pretty weak ending I must say. Though I guess better than everyone dies.

Mortemis

Banned
I finally caught up in tower of god. This is like TAL with far less comedy, very little fan service, and way more violence.

Thoughts on Tower of God:

I liked God Slayer better than the original MC due to everyone fearing him.

Does the public know Jyule (aka the Slayer aka Baam) is an irregular?

I can't wait until they catch Rachel. Did you she fulfill her mission in the first part or is there still more?
No, the public doesn't know he's an irregular, and if they did find out I'm pretty sure all hell would break loose in their world. An irregular slayer would scare the shit out of everyone and probably have Viole hunted down. And the whole deal with Rachel still hasn't been explained yet, we don't know if she's done or not. I assume she is though, and I have no clue what she's up to.

Oh, and if you haven't, you should read up on the blog posts the author makes. It adds to the lore of the world and makes things much more understandable. ToG isn't perfect and the author sometimes can't explain things very well so the blog posts help out. There's a wiki on it that has it, or if you want I can just pm you some links.

Vito

Banned
Yeah there's a couple of Cuvie's non-H work, to be honest I've only checked out Nightmare Maker and that one is borderline hentai like Velvet Kiss but there's more emphasis on the plot than on the naughty bits. But Dorothea was even published by CMX in the US.

MIX ch 22 (raw)

Never change Adachi... and now I have to go harass Blue-kun to start churning out chapters. Couldn't even get him to replace a page with a typo in the last chapter *sigh*

Also time to make fun of ANN, they pulled a magazine cover from Amazon and watermarked it lol:

http://cdn01.animenewsnetwork.com/images/cms/news/71413/b00i48r18y.01.main.jpg
http://z2-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00I48R18Y.01.MAIN._SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

And it's really obvious because it's the same filename with Amazon's ASIN number. Most likely they just snatched the news from Heiji:

https://twitter.com/manganewsjapon/status/433901895116021761

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 48

Awwww, what a nice ending to this great series. I like that it ended at graduation and really highlighted everyone's growth in their characters since the start of the series. I definitely really liked all the characters and it was a great read from start to finish.

BUT WAIT. There's going to be a bonus volume so I can get even more stories of these great characters, yessssssssssss.

wonzo

Banned
Super Cruel and Terrible Tales of Mangaka by Karasawa Nawoki

An incredibly cynical and self-deprecating gag series on the woeful lives of mangaka in all their shapes, sizes, and misfortunes. A must read if you're looking for comedy as it's pretty goddamn hilarious.

upandaway

First one is Kuroko, and there's a clear English name above the logo for the second one

Who's 2nd place below Kagura in the Gintama one? A new character from chapters beyond the anime?

Aizo

Banned
I guess we've held ourselves from doing this long enough, and this is as good a time as any to sit down and finally divide everyone here by favorite magazines. Smut is also represented. Choose whatever you want but here's some kind of list for formality's sake:

Weekly Shonen Jump (Fullmetal Alchemist, Shingeki no Kyojin, Berserk)
Weekly Shonen Magazine (Baby Steps, KNIM, GE)
Weekly Shonen Sunday (Takkoku, Anagle Mole)
Weekly Young Jump (REAL, Kingdom, Minamoto)
Jump SQ (Blue Exorcist, TLRD)
Shonen Gangan (FMA)
Young Gangan (Saki, Ubel Blatt)
Gangan JOKER (Akame ga Kill)
Comic X-Eros (just trying to accommodate those peeps)
Comic Kairakuten (gotta have equality here)
Comic Shitsurakuten (and a pyramid)

upandaway:
sunday all day every day
You're missing my favorites....
harta > everything ever
I like Akito.
Favorite magazines

Afternoon (Eden, Genshiken, various stuff by Hitoshi Ashinano)
Big Comic Spirits (Bambino, various stuff by Junji Itou, Hideout, Punpun)
Comic Bunch (various stuff by Mizu Sahara)
Comic Ryu (A Centaur's Life, Monster Musume, Wandering Emanon)
Evening (All Rounder Meguru, Blood Alone, )
Fellows/harta (Gisèle Alain, Otoyomegatari, Ran and the Gray World, Swagamoto)
Gangan Joker (Akame ga Kiru, Prunus Girl, Yandere Kanojo)
Gessan (Hitoribocchi no Chikyuu Shinryaku, Mix, Tetsugaku Letra)
Morning (Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Space Bros, Tetsuwan Girl, Vagabond)
Weekly Shounen Jump (well duh)
Weekly Shounen Sunday (all of the Adachi manga alone would make this one of my favorite magazines ever but there were and are other good series as well like Silver Spoon or Yakitate Japan)
Weekly Shounen Magazine (my least favorite of the Big 3 weekly shounen mags, at least it has Baby Steps, Nanatsu no Taizai and Yamada)
Young Ace (Evangelion, Hoozuki-san Chi no Aneki, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.)
Young Animal (Berserk, March Comes in Like a Lion)
Young King Ours (Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer)

I'm not well versed enough in the hentai business but I like COMIC LO the best based on the covers alone.
I also like Akito.

Afternoon is my favorite, since it's the only one I ever buy that often. I guess I've bought WSJ a few times, but the printing quality is too low. Reading Afternoon feels so right. I've never seen Young Animal or Young King on sale. I've actually looked for Young Animal, but perhaps I have bad timing.

Akito

You're missing my favorites....

I like Akito.

I also like Akito.

Afternoon is my favorite, since it's the only one I ever buy that often. I guess I've bought WSJ a few times, but the printing quality is too low. Reading Afternoon feels so right. I've never seen Young Animal or Young King on sale. I've actually looked for Young Animal, but perhaps I have bad timing.
iOovnVS5fSf5L.gif

Nordicus

Hajime No Ippo 156-176

In these chapters, we had:
- Volg fight, that honestly was a bit better in the anime in my opinion unlike Ippo's previous fight
- Takamura, Kimura and Aoki writing on Ippo's dick while he's hospitalized (I love this series)
- Tomiko and Aoki finally meet, and Kumi is just adorable
- Date Eiji's backstory that I really enjoyed revisiting

V4fm9Xd.jpg

Whoa, deep

Maybe at this pace I'll catch up with the latest chapters... before 2020. I'm like 1/3 of the way to reaching the chapters which were adapted in Rising

Please let's choose a nice title this time.
Attack on Titles is horribad.
Yes please. Whenever I'm drowsy, I keep reading it as "Attack on Titties"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom