• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

-Secret Melee Stages is the 32nd stage update, and brings us to a total of 39 stages revealed on the Dojo.

-Thursy breaks a tie with Wendy as having the least number of stage updates, moving to 5.

-Donkey Kong moves up one to 92, but gets passed by Yoshi again, who moved up three to 93. Captain Falcon breaks a tie with Sheik and moves up two to 18.

-Charizard moves up one to 25 screenshots, enough to enter a tie with Lucario--Lucario had advanced three to also reach 25. Lucas gets a shot and ties with Zelda and Bowser. Snake advances one to tie with Ike at 71. Pikachu advances one to tie with Fox at 83. So many ties it's like a bondage convention?

I predict a character tonight.

Baiano19 said:
Were they in the DVD and were cut out? If so WHYY???????????

I am honestly almost crying about the omission of "Beware the Forest" soundtrack... so fucking beautifull ;_; .

This is the first time I am sad that Geno didn´t manage to be in this game...
Most likely they weren't used because of time/deadline issues.

scottnak

Baiano19 said:
Sooo I just realized that Smash could have these songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL6lpwKamg8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwkf77kw-CU is this a remix? o_O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pvkmR60lwk

Were they in the DVD and were cut out? If so WHYY???????????

I am honestly almost crying about the omission of "Beware the Forest" soundtrack... so fucking beautifull ;_; .

This is the first time I am sad that Geno didn´t manage to be in this game...

Biggest offense has to go to the Ballad of the Windfish. I think I read somewhere that it was nearly in... LA was the first zelda I was able to take seriously... *sigh* Such great music.

Jiggy

Ballad of the Wind Fish is definitely a sad case of an almost-in piece of music. :(
Oh well. Gives me something to hope for in Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale Brawl Deluxe Edition in September 2010, along with all the cool alternate oufits:

Mario - Dr. Mario, Sunshine sleeves, Shadow Mario
Link - Farmhand, Ocarina clothes
Pikachu - Female tail, party hat
Samus - The real Fusion Suit, default Power Suit (i.e. no Varia Suit huge shoulders)
Zelda - A Link to the Past dress, Marin, Zelda 1 dress, Malon, Oracle Nayru
Bowser - Mario Strikers armor
Yoshi - Boshi
Peach - Rosalina, Sunshine outfit, Tennis or Golf outfit, Mario Strikers uniform, Shadow Queen, real Daisy
Luigi - Mr. L, Cosmic Luigi
Zero Suit Samus - Chozo training clothes, Fusion ending clothes, Zero Mission ending clothes, Justin Bailey outfit, green hair and brown hair swaps for any of the above
Pokemon Trainer (trainer) - Leaf Green girl, Pearl girl, Team Aqua/Galactic/Magma/Rocket Grunt
Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon) - Black and white (homage to the original games)
Sheik - Ocarina outfit
Ness - Ninten
Captain Falcon - Berserker
Edit now that he's been revealed: Ganondorf - Ocarina outfit, Wind Waker design
Edit now that she's been revealed: Jigglypuff - Ninja headband, hair bow

Also, and credit to A Link to the Snitch on these (because I don't even agree with all of them): Paper Mario, black and white Mario, Magic Armor Link, shiny Pikachu, Dark Samus, skeleton Bowser, SMB1 dress Peach, rival Pokemon Trainer, and black and white Pokemon Trainer.

Sharp

Jiggy37 said:
Ballad of the Wind Fish is definitely a sad case of an almost-in piece of music. :(
Oh well. Gives me something to hope for in Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale Brawl Deluxe Edition in September 2010, along with all the cool alternate oufits:

Mario - Dr. Mario, Sunshine sleeves, Shadow Mario
Link - Farmhand, Ocarina clothes
Pikachu - Female tail, party hat
Samus - The real Fusion Suit
Zelda - A Link to the Past dress, Marin, Zelda 1 Dress, Malon, Oracle Nayru
Bowser - Mario Strikers armor
Yoshi - Boshi
Peach - Rosalina, Sunshine outfit, Tennis or Golf outfit, Mario Strikers uniform, Shadow Queen, real Daisy
Luigi - Mr. L, Cosmic Luigi
Zero Suit Samus - Chozo training clothes, Fusion ending clothes, Zero Mission ending clothes, Justin Bailey outfit, green hair and brown hair swaps for any of the above
Pokemon Trainer (trainer) - Leaf Green girl, Pearl girl, Team Aqua/Galactic/Magma/Rocket Grunt
Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon) - Black and white (homage to the original games)
Sheik - Ocarina outfit
Ness - Ninten
Captain Falcon - Berserker

Plus some stuff for one character or more characters who hasn't or haven't been revealed on the Dojo yet. >_> Also, and credit to A Link to the Snitch on these (because I don't even agree with all of them): Paper Mario, black and white Mario, Magic Armor Link, shiny Pikachu, Dark Samus, skeleton Bowser, SMB1 dress Peach, rival Pokemon Trainer, and black and white Pokemon Trainer.
You're quite the optimist, Jiggy. That's a little too fanservicey even for Sakurai.

Jiggy

Oh, I don't expect Sakurai to do it. I expect Nintendo to do it without him. >_> That's why these additions of music and alternate outfits would be the only changes, since there's nothing else about Smash that Iwata trusts Nintendo to handle without Sakurai on duty.

And hopefully they could fix a little more of the lag, too.
But I had wanted an SSBB Deluxe even before experiencing the lag firsthand!

The Hermit

Ballad of Windfish was also a remake... :(

Btw I was just testing Snake´s codecs... they are pretty much perfect! :D

One that impressed me most was about
Toon Link
when he said there are other "Snakes " too. They nailed Mei Ling, Otacon and Colonel characters way better than I could have imagined... and the Metal Gear series references, well it just blended so well with Brawl.

Firestorm

Dreavus said:
(In before Firestorm clamors for Dreamland 64)

Saffron city too =(

Although, with the way the stage creator is set up, I think you can decently remake the Nintendo 64 stages. I made a Hyrule Castle 64 (I'm sure I'm not the first) that seems pretty darn close to the original, the only thing that I couldn't really replicate was that green structure on the right side. I just used that weird "arch" thing instead. And of course those wacky tornadoes can't be put in either. =P

Otherwise though, if you use "background 1" with just regular stone floors it's almost reminiscent of Hyrule castle's overall look. Set it to Ocarina of Time's Field theme and there ya go! :D

Man, making this makes me wish that custom stages could be played online.

Don't worry. He'll make DLC specifically for Dreamland 64 and Chozo Ruins.

Good to know about the My Music thing though. I was getting worried you could only use the Melee themes for those stages =/

Jiggy

Big Blue is the greatest stage the Smash series ever created, other than Dreamland 64.

But it's rather depressing that they brought back Green Greens instead of Fountain of Dreams. Also, Brinstar and Brinstar Depths both suck, but at least Brinstar Depths would have been more differentiated from Norfair. Speaking of Norfair, I'm still in shock that nobody thought to remix the objectively superior and objectively more well-known Norfair theme.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Speaking of Norfair, I'm still in shock that nobody thought to remix the objectively superior and objectively more well-known Norfair theme.

Yes. I was actually really disappointed that Lower Norfair wasn't remixed for this game. Heck, I wouldn't even have minded if it was just the Magmoor Caverns mix.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
Big Blue is the greatest stage the Smash series ever created, other than Dreamland 64.

But it's rather depressing that they brought back Green Greens instead of Fountain of Dreams. Also, Brinstar and Brinstar Depths both suck, but at least Brinstar Depths would have been more differentiated from Norfair. Speaking of Norfair, I'm still in shock that nobody thought to remix the objectively superior and objectively more well-known Norfair theme.

Spear Pillar and Warioware > Big Blue

scottnak

Ooh. Can't wait to unlock those x00 brawl ATs...
me and my 2 other roommates have decided doing the 1P mode is pretty worthwhile.
91 / 55 / 30 resptively... good progress. But also means our multiplayer game count is kinda low... haha

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:

Disagree on Big Blue.
Agree on Fountain of Dreams (or you know, the other good Kirby stage)
Disagree on Depths because Brinstar was okay compared to Depths
Agree on Norfair theme

Iam Canadian

HK-47 said:
Spear Pillar and Warioware > Big Blue

Eh. I didn't like Spear Pillar when I first played it and now that I have played it...well, my opinion hasn't really changed. I'm just not a fan of the reversing controls and the giant lasers from nowhere.

Wario Ware isn't bad, but Big Blue, while I don't necessarily think that it's the best Smash stage, is just better. It's just wonderfully hectic and I like how you always have to take into account the constantly changing stage layout when fighting. The difference is that Spear Pillar and Wario Ware's randomness can cause them to screw you over; if you die on Big Blue, it's really your own fault. Or at least your opponent's fault.

Jiggy

WarioWare's really cool and I like it, but I wish it wouldn't hand out invincibility and giant status. If the penalties were simple damage and the rewards were health recovery, or even if they were just more more moderate effects like putting flowers on characters' heads or creating the curry effect, I'd love it a lot.

But for a wacky Brawl stage, PictoChat's probably my favorite. It has some crazy and hugely damaging elements like the missiles and spikes, and if you mess up it's definitely your own problem. Flat Zone 2 almost achieves that too, except for those evil, evil people with the chairs who can knock you around from like 75 to 200 damage in under six seconds. :mad: If they weren't there, it'd be almost an ideal non-serious stage to me.

Firestorm said:
Disagree on Big Blue.
Agree on Fountain of Dreams (or you know, the other good Kirby stage)
Disagree on Depths because Brinstar was okay compared to Depths
Agree on Norfair theme
Well, yes, compared to Depths practically anything would look okay. But Brinstar still sucks, and now we have two lava levels instead of one. And Brinstar Depths could have been fixed somewhat if they didn't set the ceiling so stupidly low that you die at like 25%. :(

Big Blue is an awesome stage. And the only fault I have with the Wario Ware stage is that it's base is too thin. Makes it awkward when you are a heavy character off on the side during one of the mini games, and then have to rush back before you fall into the pit.

Jiggy

~I--I think it might be goodbye. ;_; Goodbye, assist trophies! Sayonara! ;_; Just like item updates, you're probably gone and we'll never meet again. Until like 2016, anyway!~

~Oh--oh yeah. Assist trophies end with their Sweet 16, so at least that's better than item-tans (items-tan???) who left us at 15. Wait, leaving at 15... Should we play "Aozora"?~

~I think it's, like, a day for Big and Uglies, because Bowser just passed Zelly and Lucas for photo shoots and DK caught up with Yoshi again...~

~We haven't heard from Poke Balls, how to play, adventure mode, characters/special moves/"FSes", or music for a while. Oh, I guess soon we'll say goodbye to Poke Balls too and there'll be no more items at all... So weepy. ;_; GUY MODE! Why am I covering these sad, sad, sad things just because your emotional self can't handle it?~

~Fri-chan, Wendy-san, and Tue-kun can forever be the Princesses of Assist Trophies, since they each brought four of them to the party!~

~Ja ne~

Advance Wars was seen during the press demonstrations, but that's understandable. Barbara was featured for several seconds in one of the Japanese commercials, so that was a small fumble on someone's part.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Jiggy37 said:
~I--I think it might be goodbye. ;_; Goodbye, assist trophies! Sayonara! ;_; Just like item updates, you're probably gone and we'll never meet again. Until like 2016, anyway!~

~Oh--oh yeah. Assist trophies end with their Sweet 16, so at least that's better than item-tans (items-tan???) who left us at 15. Wait, leaving at 15... Should we play "Aozora"?~

~We haven't heard from Poke Balls, how to play, adventure mode, characters/special moves/"FSes", or music for a while. Oh, I guess soon we'll say goodbye to Poke Balls too and there'll be no more items at all... So weepy. ;_; GUY MODE! Why am I covering these sad, sad, sad things just because your emotional self can't handle it?~

~Fri-chan, Wendy-san, and Tue-kun can forever be the Princesses of Assist Trophies, since they each brought four of them to the party!~

~Ja ne~

Oh man, don't ever change :lol

Jiggy37 said:
Yea 2016 Dojo For Super Smash Bros. 4

Believe

Jiggy

WiiRevolution1 said:
Yea 2016 Dojo For Super Smash Bros. 4

Believe
I do. I certainly do! And it could be even sooner if Sakurai makes it clear that he definitely does not want to do another Smash Bros. and Nintendo thinks, "Well, ya know, if he's not going to do it then we'll just do it ourselves as a mid-life selling point for WiiNew in 2013." >_> (I'm not sure I want to see a non-Sakurai-developed Smash Bros., but if it's either that or not having the series continue at all, well...)

scottnak said:
Has there been a point where this stuff comes distrubingly easy?
Easy, yes. Disturbing? Never. :D

Jiggy37 said:

~I think it's, like, a day for Big and Uglies, because Bowser just passed Zelly and Lucas for photo shoots and DK caught up with Yoshi again...~

~Ja ne~

That was painful to read.

I haven't visited this thread in a while since the updates don't mean much to me anymore but learning how to unlock Assist Trophies is quite a treat even though I had them all way before this update. I thought they just popped up randomly.

By the way,
Isaac
on Final Destination is tremendous fun.

Teknoman

Damn it Nintendo:

Me:
"Has there been any news on Mother 3 (Earthbound 2) getting a stateside release for the GBA, or at least a DS remake of some sort that packs both Mother 2(Earthbound) and Mother 3 on the same DS card? The first Earthbound game that released in North America on the SNES was an amazing game and is liked by millions of gamers, so this would be great news if it were to happen.

Also is there any chance of Earthbound arriving on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console anytime soon? If not, why? And my final question is, if Earthbound is actually going to eventually come to the Wii Virtual Console, why was it's demo removed from the english version of Super Smash Brothers Brawl? The demo is still in the masterpieces section of the japanese Brawl, so it wasnt removed from the game entirely."

Nintendo:
"Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo, I can understand your desire to see the Mother/Earthbound series (particularly number three) released outside Japan, and at this time no announcements have been made regarding such an occurrence.

Be sure to check Nintendo's website "What's New" page (www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) from time to time to see if any of these game titles are announced for release sometime in the future. Thank you for your e-mail. Nintendo of America Inc.Alex Loren Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/ Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529"

kiryogi

Banned
Hrm does anyone remember about was the update were Sakurai outlined the really technical aspects for Smash? I can't seem to find it @ the Dojo at all. Something referring to okimi or something like that?

TJ Spyke

Teknoman said:
Damn it Nintendo:

Me:
"Has there been any news on Mother 3 (Earthbound 2) getting a stateside release for the GBA, or at least a DS remake of some sort that packs both Mother 2(Earthbound) and Mother 3 on the same DS card? The first Earthbound game that released in North America on the SNES was an amazing game and is liked by millions of gamers, so this would be great news if it were to happen.

Also is there any chance of Earthbound arriving on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console anytime soon? If not, why? And my final question is, if Earthbound is actually going to eventually come to the Wii Virtual Console, why was it's demo removed from the english version of Super Smash Brothers Brawl? The demo is still in the masterpieces section of the japanese Brawl, so it wasnt removed from the game entirely."

Nintendo:
"Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo, I can understand your desire to see the Mother/Earthbound series (particularly number three) released outside Japan, and at this time no announcements have been made regarding such an occurrence.

Be sure to check Nintendo's website "What's New" page (www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) from time to time to see if any of these game titles are announced for release sometime in the future. Thank you for your e-mail. Nintendo of America Inc.Alex Loren Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/ Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529"

Yeah, it's just the standard reply. Same response if you asked about any other game only released in Japan. You aren't going to get anything different from them because the people replying to the e-mails don't know anything more than the rest of us.

You can’t beat him. You really have no hope of doing so, so run.

So seriously now, you can’t beat this guy.

...So, are we all clear on that point now?

:lol

Gigglepoo

How the heck do I wall jump?

I'm at the bottom of a temple in SSE and have to wall jump straight up a shaft as Squirtle. I have no idea how to do this. Any tips? I can't seem to latch on anymore after a few seconds of shimmying up.

EDIT - Whoops, this isn't the official thread. I'll move this over...

Firestorm

So this is revealed the day everybody's been complaining about Boss Rush on Hard, Very hard, and Intense?

Sakurai reads GAF confirmed for millionth time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Firestorm said:
So this is revealed the day everybody's been complaining about Boss Rush on Hard, Very hard, and Intense?

Sakurai reads GAF confirmed for millionth time.

Too bad he's missing the only one we need. :(

Jiggy

modea15_080317k-l.jpg

This is perhaps the most well-posed picture the Dojo has ever had.

Jiggy

-Boss strategies make for the 255th official update, on this the 210th update day and the beginning of the 43rd update week.

-Adventure mode updates hit 15 and tie with normal items. Since items are very likely never going to get another update due to this last one being the Item Encyclopedia, Subspace Emissary only needs one more in the life of the Dojo to become the victor.

-Our seven least recent update types are Poke Ball, how to play, a tie between character profile/special moves/final smash, music, and (non-SSE) game mode.

-This is one of those complicated days for screenshots.
Snake and Ike were tied 71 before, and now they're tied at 73 instead.
Pikachu moves from 83 to 85, but Fox lawls and skips ahead from 83 to 88.
Zelda moves from 59 to 60, tying with Bowser, but Lucas pulls a Fox and advances from 59 to 63, passing those two along with Zero Suit Samus, who had been at 62.
Charizard gets a single screenshot and passes Lucario at his new total of 26; Squirtle also gets a screenshot and hits 13, passing Falco and tying with Ness. The Pokemon Trainer himself appears twice, advancing to 29 where he can tie with Luigi.
Donkey Kong and Yoshi do the Snake/Ike shuffle, moving from 93 each to 94 each.

Iam Canadian

Ah, the answer to my dilemma! I'm having trouble with Boss Battles, and Sakurai arrives with strategies to save the day!

Plus, I really love the renders of the bosses. Meta-Ridley has never looked better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom