• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ip8TsT881NVd2.png

Such a shame the comments are now closed.

EDIT: No wonder he is hurt, he posted a top 10 reasons for Waluigi 2 DAY AGO!

R0ckman

I think Waluigi would allow more experimentation overall, he would be fucking hilarious and I could imagine the hilarity with using him with my friends not even trying to win and just being goofy on stage. Rosalina feels a bit more like pandering. Not that I mind her either. She's a nice add as well.

I'm afraid of what Ridley meltdowns could be like. Sakurai pic of the day posts should be comment blocked. Actually a Smash miiverse was a bad idea in general.

R0ckman

Pandering to who? Who was clamoring for her inclusion? She's the trademark new character of the Wii Mario games, and playable in 3D World. I think she's earned it.

The "we need more femaler characters"-ers heh heh. But its not that big of a deal. I like her, just would find Waluigi more interesting.

R0ckman

Didn't that piss a lot of people off though? I never got 7 so I didn't pay attention to what happened.

Edit: looking above, i guess so.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was too busy laughing at Jeff that I failed to notice .:_-_-_:. (what an annoying name) and Parker's comments. They want Wario out!? Shame on them. Shame on them indeed.

Ryce

I understand there are people who like Waluigi, but how could anyone have honestly expected him to be playable in Smash Bros.? I just can’t wrap my head around that level of delusion. I have some pretty out-there roster requests myself (like Plusle & Minun), but I’m certainly not expecting those characters, and I’m not going to throw a fit when they’re disconfirmed.

Waluigi returning as an Assist Trophy is truly the most obvious Smash Bros. confirmation to date. It’s exactly what I expected to happen. Waluigi is a derivative character based on two other derivative characters (Wario and Luigi). He’s just completely uninspired. He’s existed for 14 years and still hasn’t appeared in a mainline Mario game. And calling him “the face of the Mario spinoffs” is absolutely laughable — they’re called Mario spinoffs for a reason.

Caladrius

Well maybe if he wasn't such a lanky little weirdo... Put the pounds on 'em.

I take offense to that Mr. Sir.

I actually thought Honey Queen was a really cool addition, because she was a heavy weight female character.
She definitely made more sense than fucking Metal Mario.

Metal Mario was also in Mario Tennis 3DS. I hear the Japanese like him for some reason. I honestly forgot about him.

The only new characters from MK7 I want back in 8 are Shy guy, Lakitu and Wiggler.

jph139

Rosalina is the probably the weirdest choice of newcomers so far to me, even including Wii Fit Trainer. She's really minor, not all that interesting visually, doesn't have a huge presence in spin-offs (so far, at least)... I mean, she's my go-to character in Mario Kart, but she's a really weird choice as far as Smash Bros. goes. I would have chosen a lot of Mario characters before her - Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Kamek, Dr. Mario again. Maybe even Waluigi.

Now that she's in, she's in, and I appreciate it as a sort of out there choice, and from a gameplay perspective obviously she's bringing a lot to the table, but I don't think she was the obvious choice at all.

Personally she's my least favorite newcomer so far, and by a wide margin. The other four are all up in the "awesome" category, but she's down in the "oh, okay" middle.

Villager is pretty much all I wanted anyway. I was having similar reactions to you Waluigi people now when he specifically called him out on the Brawl Dojo as not having moveset potential. Always reckoned that was a lack of creativity anyway...

Still, I'll lose my shit for Hades.

rawktapus

I understand there are people who like Waluigi, but how could anyone have honestly expected him to be playable in Smash Bros.? I just can’t wrap my head around that level of delusion. I have some pretty out-there roster requests myself (like Plusle & Minun), but I’m certainly not expecting those characters, and I’m not going to throw a fit when they’re disconfirmed.

Waluigi returning as an Assist Trophy is truly the most obvious Smash Bros. confirmation to date. It’s exactly what I expected to happen. Waluigi is a derivative character based on two other derivative characters (Wario and Luigi). He’s just completely uninspired. He’s existed for 14 years and still hasn’t appeared in a mainline Mario game. And calling him “the face of the Mario spinoffs” is absolutely laughable — they’re called Mario spinoffs for a reason.

I think there's a case to be made for SOME kind of Mario rep who encompasses the succesful party franchises such as Kart, Party, and the various sports games. Bringing together these ecclectic concepts like throwing dice, dashing around in a go kart, and chucking sports equipment would actually fit an oddball like Waluigi like a glove.

BUT, with the very likely addition of the Mii character, who also can draw from various party, racing, and sports games without looking out of place, there really isn't much Waluigi can bring to the table. He's definitely best utilized as an assist trophy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just to add to the "face of Mario spin-offs" point, Peach already has a move that represents Mario spin-offs such as Golf, Tennis and even Game & Watch Gallery. That particular niche didn't need filling. However Mario RPGs are still open for representation.

rawktapus

Just to add to the "face of Mario spin-offs" point, Peach already has a move that represents Mario spin-offs such as Golf, Tennis and even Game & Watch Gallery. That particular niche didn't need filling. However Mario RPGs are still open for representation.

Couldnt the frying pan count for RPGs too?

Beats

The "we need more femaler characters"-ers heh heh. But its not that big of a deal. I like her, just would find Waluigi more interesting.

I think there's only about five female characters and fifteen male characters at the moment. It's not really a big deal for me, but it would be cool if the roster was closer to 50% male/female. But outside of Palutena, Dixie, and Lucina I'm not really sure who else they can add. I'm not really knowledgeable on Nintendo characters. :x

Rosalina is the probably the weirdest choice of newcomers so far to me, even including Wii Fit Trainer. She's really minor, not all that interesting visually, doesn't have a huge presence in spin-offs (so far, at least)... I mean, she's my go-to character in Mario Kart, but she's a really weird choice as far as Smash Bros. goes. I would have chosen a lot of Mario characters before her - Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Kamek, Dr. Mario again. Maybe even Waluigi.

It depends whether you want a throwback character or a new one. Rosalina is the biggest character in the last 3 Mario blockbusters that wasn't already in Smash. Makes perfect sense to me.

I think there's a case to be made for SOME kind of Mario rep who encompasses the succesful party franchises such as Kart, Party, and the various sports games. Bringing together these ecclectic concepts like throwing dice, dashing around in a go kart, and chucking sports equipment would actually fit an oddball like Waluigi like a glove.

BUT, with the very likely addition of the Mii character, who also can draw from various party, racing, and sports games without looking out of place, there really isn't much Waluigi can bring to the table. He's definitely best utilized as an assist trophy.
This is really what it is. I figured he was about 50/50 and I'm not angry at his exclusion or anything, but the Mario Kart and sports and party games are a significant part of Nintendo's history and Waluigi has a unique and significant relationship to those games. I want Waluigi because he's so weird and because he would represent a very important and large section of Nintendo games. It's not the end if the world that he's not playable but it does kinda suck. At least he'll be in Project M now.

Alright, in an effort to end hostilities (at least temporarily) and arguments, how about a new topic?!

In honor (or in mourning) or Waluigi being announced as an assist trophy, let's talk AT's!

I'm sure Intelliheath has some lists (cuz he is like the King of lists I swear) of Brawl's AT's, so....
- who would you like to return as an AT (like nintendog, Starfy, and Waluigi)
- who would you like to be a new AT? (Maybe someone you'd like represented but their inclusion as a playable character is a long shot?)
- are there any other AT you would like to see or actually think have a chance at making the leap from AT to playable character (like my main man Little Mac!)

Maybe this can get the ball rolling for the rest of the day so we can remember we are all hyped for the same game and continue being friendly!

SmithnCo

Alright, in an effort to end hostilities (at least temporarily) and arguments, how about a new topic?!

In honor (or in mourning) or Waluigi being announced as an assist trophy, let's talk AT's!

I'm sure Intelliheath has some lists (cuz he is like the King of lists I swear) of Brawl's AT's, so....
- who would you like to return as an AT (like nintendog, Starfy, and Waluigi)
- who would you like to be a new AT? (Maybe someone you'd like represented but their inclusion as a playable character is a long shot?)
- are there any other AT you would like to see or actually think have a chance at making the leap from AT to playable character (like my main man Little Mac!)

Maybe this can get the ball rolling for the rest of the day so we can remember we are all hyped for the same game and continue being friendly!

1. I want to see Resetti return, he's way more annoying than Nintendog but he's also hilarious.
2. Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents. Maybe they do a dance and while they're dancing you get a power increase.
3. SAKI. One of my most wanted. Isaac would be cool too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
EBA/Ouendan would be a nice assist. Though I don't really know what they'd do apart from cheer you on. Your attacks have double in strength for a brief period? Donno.

EDIT: ^ Great minds think a like.

EDIT2:
This is what I put for the prediction thread:
Ouendan/EBA
Excite Truck
Giygas
Liquid Snake - becomes your shadow
Eggplant Wizard
Toadies (or maybe White Shy Guy) - rescues you once if you fall off the stage.
Solvalou (that's the craft from Xevious)
Though I was a bit tipsy at the time as you can tell by ideas like Liquid Snake there.

jph139

It depends whether you want a throwback character or a new one. Rosalina is the biggest character in the last 3 Mario blockbusters that wasn't already in Smash. Makes perfect sense to me.

Was she though? She was huge in Galaxy, which is admittedly a really big game worthy of representing, but she's barely shown up as anything beyond an Easter Egg or special bonus since. In comparison, Bowser Jr. has been the second biggest antagonist in both Galaxies AND all of the New Super Mario Bros. games, and Toad (in various colors) has had three playable appearances, all of which were a lot more visible than any of Rosalina's cameos.

I think it's really a situation where Sakurai saw a character he wanted to work with and added her, even if she wasn't the most obvious or most demanded. It only seems obvious in hindsight.

(Original credit to Intelliheath, now DaBoss & of course Sakurai-san)

*REVISED FOR POST SMASH DIRECT* SM4SH mechanics changes and character buffs/nerfs thus far *annotated with pictures!*

«"Now consecutive standard attacks will always transition into a finishing move. This is Fox's finishing kick after his standard combo attack." » 26.Feb.2014

1798168_10152202082073405_89129079_n.jpg

«"There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab. Some other changes include: -Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge. -Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage." » 22.Jan.2014

1796505_10152202082088405_115323100_n.jpg

"A red-black effect now appears when you're hit by a strong blow. It'll only appear when you have high damage, so when you see this you're in trouble--and you're probably about to get KO'd!" » 29.Nov.2013

daily+(1).jpg

"The impact-launch effect has been powered up. The assigned color makes it clear which player will get points in the event of a KO." » 07.26.2013

zlCfzREFdOQyiTflEA

A collection of character's Moveset changes & buffs/Nerfs

Bowser has some new Jabs for his Neutral A combo. » 04.08.2014

iqiSJd7ImFOm9.gif

Bowser also has a new Back Aerial similar to his new Forward Smash in the form of a Drop kick that seems be very quick compared to his old one where he attacks with his shell. » 04.08.2014

iSe9Xk4Qa4ccs.gif

Bowser's Down Aerial has also been tweaked to do a lot more knockback, last longer and fall faster; it also looks a lot like his current Down Special. *in Brawl it had pathetic knockback, not even KOing at 500%, so this is huge* » 04.08.2014

i3zi1MpFNr6EY.gif

Bowser's Forward Aerial has been tweaked to have a much larger hitbox below him instead of attacking just in front of him. *His Up Special also received an animation change with him doing a hopping 360 now instead of a regular hop* » 04.08.2014

iD5xtp3VcxprR.gif

Bowser's 2nd jump has changed from spinning in his shell to a regular jump with more height. His Up Special seems to have increased vertical range, identical to that of his 2nd jump. » 04.08.2014

iD5xtp3VcxprR.gif

Bowser may have Super armor properties on his Shell, but take with a grain of salt. *Between DaBoss' gif and this POTD, the evidence is compelling.* » 04.08.2014

inmzf2CQajSqF.gif

"Sonic, failure. » 11.27.2013
4.jpg

Charizard has a new Side or Up Special that's possibly Flareblitz, that seems like a horizontal, more fiery version of his Up Special. *perhaps it can be angled now like Diddy's Rocketbarrels?* » 04.08.2014

ipEVXfsRVU5Re.gif

Charizard's Heatwave Forward Aerial has been changed to Slash, which has a lot more utility in the air. » 04.08.2014

iKMHgJL83f0xj.gif

ZSS' got a new Side Smash in the form of a stylistic, 2 part spinning back kick that hits during and after the extension of her leg. » 04.08.2014
ibaHKNqH5PR4MV.gif

ZSS' Up Special tether recovery has been replaced with a multi hit, jet heel assisted, flying kick that ends with a spinning kick at the apex. This move seems to have a lot of vertical recovery range. » 04.08.2014

ibzdes0EeMMJAQ.gif

Yoshi's headbutt Dash attack has been replaced with a spinning kick. » 04.08.2014

ibuDwGQFS8XqU2.gif

Yoshi has some animation changes on his Neutral A jab. » 04.08.2014

iBWY0ViY72kbx.gif

Yoshi's Down Aerial seems to have less frames (useless ones cut out) and the landing animations appear to do damage & horizontal knockback. » 04.08.2014

ibk4HpXUxLIz3g.gif

iJ6sqo97VEsT5.gif

Yoshi's Back Aerial now consists of 3 tail swipes instead of 4 with the last hit having significantly more knockback and presumably more damage. » 04.08.2014

ib0uIH98CtUZyz.gif

Captain Olimar's Neutral A headbutts have been replaced by jabs. » 04.08.2014

ibb0HcISD4lCJx.gif

Sonic's Down Aerial now has a Meteor Smash effect when sweetpotted. » 04.08.2014

meteorwzsav.gif

Pit's Side Smash has stayed relatively the same aside from the animations making it look more powerful, but with the 2nd part of the attack, it seems like he thrusts his sword further, implying a longer range for one of his former most reliable kill moves.

7cf08869c93346345b90b861cb9ae6d7.gif

Pit's new Down B, the Guardian Orbiter's not only reflect projectiles, but on start up, give him Super Armor as seen below as Mario dash attacks him. *As a side note: we also see Diddy's Up Special used Horizontally for the first time!* » 04.08.2014

51da80d13eeacb.jpg

ibqPAaYhZrYAgZ.gif

Pit's received some animation changes to his Strong Side attack, thrusting his blades out in a pincer like motion, which may give more range to the move. » 04.08.2014

il7An6W8LK5bG.gif

Pit's Neutral A attack consists of 3 slash combination; a downward, horizontal, & upwards slash as the finisher & his strong Up Attack has been changed from a handstand kick to a backward somersaulting kick » 04.08.2014

0dc30d950bd624c6f94603111320930a.gif

Pit also has a new Aerial, (possibly Neutral or Forward) where he spins his blades sideways & in front of him in an arch across his body and it seems to have a lot of horizontal range. » 04.08.2014

ibplkfijU5JGOM.gif

Sheik's chain whip Side Special has been replaced with the burst grenade, which can be thrown a short distance in front of her and then (presumably) triggered by releasing the B button. Upon detonation, the explosion sucks opponents into the sweet spot of the attack. » 04.08.2014

screen-4.jpg

Sheik's transformation Down Special has also been replaced with the Bouncing fish; a leaping somersault heel kick that causes her to bounce a great distance backwards upon impact with an opponent.

13772486964_46c0d39f96_c.jpg

"Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor Smashing with the lightning strike, and then directly attacking. Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!" » 04.03.2014

zlCfzRunBOsVbl0S85

Diddy's Up Smash attack changed from a Slap & 2 kicks to a 2 hit cartwheel ending with a punch, with the punch having more range than the original kick, since Diddy's limbs are now more limber according to Sakurai » 04.08.2014

iZo356uyH8F8Q.gif

"Diddy's Peanut Popgun now deals a powerful attack when it explodes. It'll be difficult to hit your target, but when you succeed, the explosion will really blow your enemies away. Give it a shot when you break someone's shield." » 03.20.2014

"Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is out now in Europe and North America! ...And to celebrate, Diddy Kong joins the battle!! We've increased Diddy Kong's flexibility this time. This picture shows how far his punches stretch during his strong side attack." » 02.21.2014

1891231_10152202082198405_761076061_n.jpg

"The twin rocketbarrels are back, now with the ability to launch along more horizontal trajectories. They can also come off when opponents hit them mid-boost." » 02.24.2014

super_smash_bros_wii_u_diddy_bowser.jpg

"Zelda's transformation Down Special has been replaced with the chargeable, offensive/defensive Phantom slash. (a living suit of armor called a phantom that Zelda possessed in The LOZ: Spirit Tracks) It charges in front of Zelda and delivers a an arching slash and also can be used to absorb projectiles but crumples upon impact. » 04.08.2014"

13772127245_0af7eb33b9_c.jpg

"Zelda's Din's Fire is now stronger in its core. The farther it's projected, the bigger and more powerful it will be, but you need to hit foes with the core if you want to make them fall." » 13.Mar.2014

zlCfzRnX67APwSKUOh

1897760_10152202082238405_455605172_n.jpg

"The heroic Aura Pokémon, Lucario, joins the battle!! We've increased the influence of Aura this time, so a damaged Lucario is truly a force to be reckoned with."

Lucario now presumably Mega evolves for his final smash. This is a transformation FS & gives him access to maximum Aura & most likely modifies all of his attacks, including Extremespeed as seen below: It now seems to cause damage at the end of the move. » 04.08.2014

lu10uzwx.gif

1622066_10152202082268405_1370486180_n.jpg

1898247_10152202082308405_1457265375_n.jpg

1932367_10152202082373405_2003501924_n.jpg

"When Lucario shoots out Aura from its hands to fly with ExtremeSpeed, you can control its flight direction. If Lucario's Aura is fully charged, it can fly extremely far, so be careful not to accidentally launch out of the area." » 02.04.2014

1621842_10152202082398405_1632098121_n.jpg

"There weren't a lot of people who used the Shield Breaker to break people's shields, so we've now made it much more powerful. This pic is from immediately after a shield break." » 01.31.2014

1900168_10152202082433405_603576949_n.jpg

Link now has his Jump slash from OOT-SS as his Dash attack and it looks like it covers a lot more distance than the former one. » 04.08.2014

ibeFjLV6oHJk0R.gif

"Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests." » 12.10.2013

1621842_10152202082488405_1565118341_n.jpg

Samus has a new Spinning kick that replaces her previous "sex kick" Neutral Aerial. » 04.08.2014

ioOfCnpTOPlc.gif

"The speed and power of Samus's Charge Shot has been drastically improved. However, that could potentially put her in danger on occasion." » 11.06.2013

e4rm.jpg

DK has finally been given his rolling move from DKC as his dash attack. » 04.08.2014

i2CIMty2aowxu.gif

"Mario Bros., your days are numbered! Donkey Kong in the current build is super strong...but we'll be looking at the battle records when balancing out the characters, so nobody knows how he will turn out in the end." » 09.23.2013

a0up.jpg

"Luigi might be thinking, "Who would've thought I'd get to show off the Poltergust in Super Smash Bros.?!" Wondering if it's going to suck something in? Yeah, it probably will." » 03.31.2014

13807889855_fc2232ab59_c.jpg

"Luigi's jump now has him paddling his legs. His vertical leap is undoubtedly high!" »09.25.2013

13808474984_1cc3ba655f_c.jpg

zroid

Banned
The hell is up with daily.jpg? I know it's been randomly late before, but this is ridiculous. It's already the 28th in Japan! Come on, Sakurai!

Now that she's in, she's in, and I appreciate it as a sort of out there choice, and from a gameplay perspective obviously she's bringing a lot to the table, but I don't think she was the obvious choice at all.

Personally she's my least favorite newcomer so far, and by a wide margin. The other four are all up in the "awesome" category, but she's down in the "oh, okay" middle.
I disagree Rosalina in 4 is about the equivalent to having included Yoshi in 64. Shes been around for about the same time as he was at that time and they both played important parts in 3 games. I think she made it in for some of the same reasons that Sheik made it in Melee. She was a fan favorite character in a pivotal game in the series.

Gartooth

I disagree Rosalina in 4 is about the equivalent to having included Yoshi in 64. Shes been around for about the same time as he was at that time and they both played important parts in 3 games. I think she made it in for some of the same reasons that Sheik made it in Melee. She was a fan favorite character in a pivotal game in the series.

Wrong, Yoshi introduced a big gameplay change in Super Mario World before going on to launch his own series with both Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story by the time 64 came out in addition to being a regular in spinoffs. The character grew in such popularity in such a short span of time that it was able to launch its own series and was treated as such in the Smash series.

Rosalina in comparison only ever played a significant role as the lead supporting character in Super Mario Galaxy. Galaxy 2 she held the honor of being the equivalent of Yoshi in Mario 64 as an end game cameo. She was also kept as an end game bonus in 3D World rather than being a big part of that game. (basically her situation was similar to Luigi's in prior 3D games) The reason Rosalina caught so many of us off guard with her reveal is because she never really had any sort of significant role after the first Galaxy game and she is nowhere near the "new Yoshi" for the series that some people like to parade around. My own ideas for why she got in is that she made her debut in the most influential and critically acclaimed Mario game of the past decade and her inclusion is in remembrance of that game rather than on her own merits so in that sense I agree with the Sheik comparison.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Disconnect;

Nice job with change list.

Confirmed New Assist Trophies
Skull Kid
Ashley
Mother Brain

Confirmed Veteran Assist Trophies
Nintendog
Stafy
Waluigi

Disconfirmed Assist Trophies
Little Mac (Became Playable Character)

Unconfirmed Assist Trophies
Andross
Barbara
Devil
Dr. Wright
Excitebikes
Gray Fox (Unlockable)
Hammer Bro
Helirin
Infantry & Tank (Unlockable)
Isaac (Unlockable)
Jeff
Jill
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu
Lyn
Metroid
MR. Resetti
Ray MK III (Unlockable)
Samurai Goroh
Saki
Shadow (Unlockable)
Tingle

georly

Wrong, Yoshi introduced a big gameplay change in Super Mario World before going on to launch his own series with both Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story by the time 64 came out in addition to being a regular in spinoffs. The character grew in such popularity in such a short span of time that it was able to launch its own series and was treated as such in the Smash series.

Rosalina in comparison only ever played a significant role as the lead supporting character in Super Mario Galaxy. Galaxy 2 she held the honor of being the equivalent of Yoshi in Mario 64 as an end game cameo. She was also kept as an end game bonus in 3D World rather than being a big part of that game. (basically her situation was similar to Luigi's in prior 3D games) The reason Rosalina caught so many of us off guard with her reveal is because she never really had any sort of significant role after the first Galaxy game and she is nowhere near the "new Yoshi" for the series that some people like to parade around. My own ideas for why she got in is that she made her debut in the most influential and critically acclaimed Mario game of the past decade and her inclusion is in remembrance of that game rather than on her own merits so in that sense I agree with the Sheik comparison.

While she hasn't been that popular, gameplay-wise, the girls in my family absolutely love her and fight to see who can use her in mario kart. She's popular among girls, and that's probably why she was included.

Ryce

Regarding Rosalina, it's also important to remember that the character we're getting is called Rosalina and Luma. The Luma has a full move set of unique attacks all to itself. Lumas are a big part of the Galaxy series -- they're everywhere.

The Super Mario Galaxy series is certainly noteworthy enough to deserve a playable character (they're the most acclaimed games on the Wii), and Rosalina & Luma perfectly encapsulate everything about those games. They have the atmosphere/setting covered with their cosmic effects, and the Launch Star, Star Bits, and Gravitational Pull represent Galaxy's gameplay mechanics. Hell, Rosalina & Luma's general play style is representative of Galaxy 2's co-op mode.

Ryce

It's barely any different than Green Mario before Luigi's Mansion.
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World

Green Mario was playable in an awful lot of mainline Mario games before his first Smash Bros. appearance. I'm still waiting on Waluigi.

Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World

Green Mario was playable in an awful lot of mainline Mario games before his first Smash Bros. appearance. I'm still waiting on Waluigi.

Not talking about the games they were in. I'm talking about the characters themselves. People like underdogs. It's as simple as that.

Top Bottom