• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL : Yoshi's Special Edition confirmed for NA (March 14)

-Horizon-

BhqWlxsCEAAPyf5.png

Can't unsee penis

image.php

You wanted an avatar quote didn't you

psylah

I don't understand why they make all these different special editions when it doesn't get any better than the Pink / White 3DS XL. It's all you need.

spookyfish

Darn you, Nintendo, for knowing that I have little to no self-control when it comes to buying these things!

Yes, it's all Nintendo's fault -- not mine. Not at all.

Don't really see the real point of this if it doesn't even include the game. The game is probably gonna do pretty poorly anyways based on how bad it looks so you'd think they'd want to put it in the bundle to at least give it some potential sales boost (for the game and system).

RM8

Don't really see the real point of this if it doesn't even include the game. The game is probably gonna do pretty poorly anyways based on how bad it looks so you'd think they'd want to put it in the bundle to at least give it some potential sales boost (for the game and system).
Do you mean like how NSMB games do poorly since they look bad and bland? :p

Do you mean like how NSMB games do poorly since they look bad and bland? :p

Well those are different, they have Mario in the title and are of familiar appearance to the 2D platformers everyone has played for ages. This game doesn't have Mario in the title, and no one really cares about Yoshi all that much (sorry Yoshi) for it to be a big enough seller to overcome how poorly it'll probably be reviewed, although I'd be happy to be wrong on that. Yoshi's Island on SNES did well because it was a novel idea with a wonderful art style not to mention it had "Super Mario World 2:" in the title. The rest of the Yoshi games have just been poor attempts at riding off of that game and I think people have either gotten tired of it or just indifferent. Anyways, this isn't really the thread to talk about this so I'm done, haha.

maxcriden

Well those are different, they have Mario in the title and are of familiar appearance to the 2D platformers everyone has played for ages. This game doesn't have Mario in the title, and no one really cares about Yoshi all that much (sorry Yoshi) for it to be a big enough seller to overcome how poorly it'll probably be reviewed, although I'd be happy to be wrong on that. Yoshi's Island on SNES did well because it was a novel idea with a wonderful art style not to mention it had "Super Mario World 2:" in the title. The rest of the Yoshi games have just been poor attempts at riding off of that game and I think people have either gotten tired of it or just indifferent. Anyways, this isn't really the thread to talk about this so I'm done, haha.

FWIW, Yoshi's Island DS, which is the only ever really direct sequel IMO, was a million seller.

Ramune

Best Buy even calls it a "bundle". But I love green and like Yoshi, so if I can spare $200 baring any bills, I'll have my first 3DS at last!

Cheech

$199 for a device with artwork meant to appeal to 6 year olds with no game included.

Brilliant. This is some PS3-era Sony decision making going on at Nintendo HQ.

Anyone know how long these special 3DSs usually hang around for? My girlfriend's been wanting a 3DS and loves the look of this but doesn't think she'll be able to afford it on the 14th.

Berordn

Anyone know how long these special 3DSs usually hang around for? My girlfriend's been wanting a 3DS and loves the look of this but doesn't think she'll be able to afford it on the 14th.

I saw one of the Mario & Luigi 3DS XL's at Target on Saturday, so I guess they just hang around until they liquidate stock.

kamakazi5

Damn, I kinda want to get this. I'm actually pretty happy about it not including the game, since I would prefer to own physical copies of my 3DS games.

Pretty much this. Hopefully they have a release day sale on XLs. This is the only themed system I've actually had interest in.

Salsa

only reason I wish it came with the game is in case it was like the Zelda 3DS XL and I could grab a digital code for cheap. I dont feel like paying $40 for this game, but $20-$25? sure

its nice that its white on the inside tho, we need more of those

AdanVC

I truly like it. It's the first 3DS that comes in green as well so that's a plus. Sigh, just when I bought the Mario & Luigi Silver edition. Should I get rid of that model and get this instead? : /

Or are you just using this as an excuse to be upset? There were a number of special XLs last year including Zelda and the silver Mario and Luigi one.

neither of which I had any interest in

i'll rephrase by saying that the persona one wont come out, and i'll use that to behave childishly with "they brought the shitty Yoshi one over and they wont even give us a persona one fuck them"

that's how I handled the luigi silhouette one not coming here but we got the ugly ass Pikachu one

might end up getting this one anyway though even if I kind of don't really like Yoshi

I really like the green and the eggs on the back is p cool

eliochip

No one draws a good cock like Nintendo

The art looks similar to Mario and Luigi (which is my favorite style of Mario art)

.Anema

I love the design! Now I want to see a picture of the inside colors. It's all white? Green / white? I can't find that!

I just pre-ordered one at Best Buy. It will be my first 3DS.

The Mario & Luigi Dream Team bundle is a better deal, but I could not resist that Yoshi goodness. Plus, the current promotion offering Pokemon X or Y for free is too good to pass up. It's the right time.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'd be more inclined if it were styled after and included the game. The artwork is just generic Yoshi artwork that could have been from 20-25 years ago when Mario World came out. It should have a hand drawn Yoshi and baby Mario and should come with the game. Shame.

Also, do they like only make XL's now? It seems to be the only one that they make LE's of now. I'd get an XL but the resolution is so low and it's so big.

I truly like it. It's the first 3DS that comes in green as well so that's a plus. Sigh, just when I bought the Mario & Luigi Silver edition. Should I get rid of that model and get this instead? : /

I'm highly tempted to do the same - yes it's sleek and silver (I hate silver), has a year Year of Luigi emblem (matches my Year of Luigi statue) - but I don't like it. It's a plain system.

The more I see this one, the more I like it.

Green is my favorite color. What I also like about this system, thematically it matches with the characteristically consistent/classic, green and white of Yoshi.

Top Bottom