• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL : Yoshi's Special Edition confirmed for NA (March 14)

L~A

Nintendo just confirmed via PR. Console is coming out on March 14th, and price is 199$. It does NOT include the game, just the 3DS XL (same for Europe, by the way).

BhzhQ_fCQAADoVO.jpg:large

BhziaMeCUAASOdQ.jpg:large

BhzjnWUCEAABpyz.jpg:large

Oh, and not sure where to post that, but here it is.... Looks like Artoon hired one of the monster designers for the Shin Megami Tensei series :p

Damn, I kinda want to get this. I'm actually pretty happy about it not including the game, since I would prefer to own physical copies of my 3DS games.

Courage

Didn't they offer $199 for the Animal Crossing XL that also included the game? And wouldn't you think they'd need the extra push, since not a lot of people are gonna be buying the new Yoshi game?

Magnus

Not including the game is kind of ridiculous. So many parents will buy, thinking it's in there. Not even digital? Come on.

I feel that Nintendo of America will use this as an excuse to not bring the persona special edition one over now because they've already given us one this year

I hate them

And I think I hate yoshi but I like the color green so I'm conflicted

I feel that Nintendo of America will use this as an excuse to not bring the persona special edition one over now because they've already given us one this year

I hate them

Or are you just using this as an excuse to be upset? There were a number of special XLs last year including Zelda and the silver Mario and Luigi one.

Foffy

Banned
I think this is a better deal than the game they're promoting this with. Maybe you not getting the game is also a bonus..

Koppai

Weird that it doesn't include the game... I mean you'd think it'd be obvious

Kind of like the Pikachu XL. :s

If it was Yoshi's skin tone I would like it better. Not that yellow green x_X

Oh well I have a Pikachu XL, Pokémon XY Red XL, and a Red JP 3DS already, I'm done :p

kubus

Honestly I wish they didn't include Zelda ALBW with the special edition XL. I bought that bundle, sold the digital code and then bought a retail copy.

People who buy special edition consoles are usually fans of the franchise that console is designed after, not including a physical copy of the game is just stupid. I know three other people who did the same (bought bundle, sold code, bought retail game).

Maybe Nintendo finally understood this and that's why there's no game included? So people can choose whether they want digital or physical.

Slixshot

Banned
Kind of like the Pikachu XL. :s

If it was Yoshi's skin tone I would like it better. Not that yellow green x_X

Oh well I have a Pikachu XL, Pokémon XY Red XL, and a Red JP 3DS already, I'm done :p

All hail the Pikachu 3DS. It's quantities were low and it's rarity is high. Happy I picked one up :p

This looks kinda cute but I'm not a big fan of the flat green on top. It could have had some more designs or something...

Honestly I wish they didn't include Zelda ALBW with the special edition XL. I bought that bundle, sold the digital code and then bought a retail copy.

People who buy special edition consoles are usually fans of the franchise that console is designed after, not including a physical copy of the game is just stupid. I know three other people who did the same (bought bundle, sold code, bought retail game).

Maybe Nintendo finally understood this and that's why there's no game included? So people can choose whether they want digital or physical.

well its not like you have to redeem the code, the ALBW bundle was also way less than $200 during the holidays.

Lexxism

Nintendo UK is selling this for 199.99 with game included and charger. What's the price usually of standalone console?

edit: Never mind. Found it. It's £20 cheaper.

Galdius

It reminds me of the Mario & Luigi 3DS console.

mario-and-luigi-3ds-xl.jpg

The design seems to be very similar between these two editions.

If I can get one for cheap, I may buy it.

Wow, I love this! I find it very odd that it doesn't include the game, but I can't say that I mind very much. I think I may be trying to get my hands on this one.

Edit: Does anybody know where these are going to be available?

kubus

well its not like you have to redeem the code, the ALBW bundle was also way less than $200 during the holidays.
Not here in Europe it wasn't. I think the ALBW bundle came out during Black Friday madness in the US? Probably why it was so cheap over there. Stock here was really limited and I had to pay full price. Also had to sell the code at a loss... :/

So in my case I would have rather had a gameless LE XL, but in other cases I guess it doesn't matter much.

Top Bottom