• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The game will get docked points. There is no single player so the game has inherently less value than most shooters nowadays. The devs could have stepped up and put in the time to make this a complete game and the review scores will reflect that.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
jxr5jrpix7bhjuvtx4ea.png

Granted a lot of that was minimized while I was helping people get in the beta. Didn't actually play until Saturday.

Bsigg12

https://mega.co.nz/#!g8BxVKbb!EjCeYIU191qFtcZcpS6S60vSeArk3L9ykkAS_ZjxlyU

These files were taken from the beta but are modified so they let you run the full version.

Backup your original Titanfall .exe and .par files to a seperate folder and drop these ones into the Titanfall directory. You should be able to run the .exe and activate it using your Origin account.

As long as you have Origin running in the background, the servers seem to work.

Servers are up, however I would be careful modifying files and playing since they could consider that an illegitimate copy of the game and ban your account.

On Xbox One there are still only a handful of people on.

These files were taken from the beta but are modified so they let you run the full version.

Backup your original Titanfall .exe and .par files to a seperate folder and drop these ones into the Titanfall directory. You should be able to run the .exe and activate it using your Origin account.

Really want official word on this. If I don't get banned I am going to play all night.

Freki

WHAT? You can play now?

HelloMeow

So tempting but so risky.

Using a VPN to unlock a game is one thing, but modifying files... I don't know.

If people have legit (non-pirated) copies of the game they will not get banned.They just said that those people will have to put up with possible server problems while they are still getting everything up and running.

Bsigg12

If people have legit (non-pirated) copies of the game they will not get banned.They just said that those people will have to put up with possible server problems while they are still getting everything up and running.

Modifying files might trigger whatever anticheat system they have in place.

Archpath1

If reviewers take off points for not having a singleplayer they should take off points for games that don't have multiplayer. Times a changin! Games like Bioshock don't need multiplayer and games like Titanfall don't need singleplayer.

I would agree, they need to be more open minded on reviewing and what the developer set out to accomplish.
Not a SP with tacked on MP, or a MP driven game with a lackluster SP ,but a different kind of mp game
Either way fun is always important and comes first to me

iavi

Things just got so real.

Modified exes are the epitome of sketch, however. I'm not going to use this.

The game will get docked points. There is no single player so the game has inherently less value than most shooters nowadays. The devs could have stepped up and put in the time to make this a complete game and the review scores will reflect that.
If a reviewer docks points I would wholeheartedly disagree with them for doing so.

I paid $60 for God of War 3 when it came out and thoroughly enjoyed the 8-10 hours I put into it. I would give the game about an 8.5. There's no MP but I don't care. I believe you have to look at every game within the context of what it's trying to accomplish. You don't dock FTL for not having the visuals of Crysis; great visuals is not what the game set out to achieve.

So uh.. any stories of EA banning people for something like this from Origin? Because if not I'm about to get my Titanfall on.

Lunaniem

People have used modified files like these to run BF3 & BF4 without Origin and haven't had any problems but I don't know about running a game before release as I've never been able to get this to work before. :c

dengatron

any word on whether or not we can remove the bloat via audio localizations we will never use ever? i'd like to not take up a 5th of my ssd with shit i don't need.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Don't take this as anything official, but circumventing security measures probably isn't in your best interest :\

Getting a copy early, as Vince mentioned in a tweet yesterday, is different than mucking about with files.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Well obviously they're not going recommend it.... but seems kinda pointless, if you messed it badly I'd dislike having to redownload 20gb. That and well various breaches of terms of service probably...

Poor Europe can't do shit either way

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
If a reviewer docks points I would wholeheartedly disagree with them for doing so.

I paid $60 for God of War 3 when it came out and thoroughly enjoyed the 8-10 hours I put into it. I would give the game about an 8.5. There's no MP but I don't care. I believe you have to look at every game within the context of what it's trying to accomplish. You don't dock FTL for not having the visuals of Crysis; great visuals is not what the game set out to achieve.

I was being sarcastic lol

Well obviously they're not going recommend it.... but seems kinda pointless, if you messed it badly I'd dislike having to redownload 20gb.

Poor Europe can't do shit either way

Europe and other non-US countries are really getting fucked lately between the censorship of South Park and not getting Titanfall at the same time.

Mechazawa

My fear of getting in trouble with Origin and wanting to respect Respawn is clashing with my want to play Titanfall and being a bad rebel motherfucker.

WHAT DO.

2San

Europe and other non-US countries are really getting fucked lately between the censorship of South Park and not getting Titanfall at the same time.
The NA getting getting games on Tuesday and Eu getting games Thursday, has been happening for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom