• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Jiggy

I can now make it as far as the waiting room, although it never recognizes the other two players involved in the match and then disconnects me anyway. D:

Jiggy37 said:
I can now make it as far as the waiting room, although it never recognizes the other two players involved in the match and then disconnects me anyway. D:

That happened to me a bunch too. I would wait for the match to end and be disconnected soon after they started again.

Jiggy

So, after about ten attempts and failures, I had this brilliant idea. What if we both connected to crowphoenix at approximately the same time? :O

Jiggy37 said:
So, after about ten attempts and failures, I had this brilliant idea. What if we both connected to crowphoenix at approximately the same time? :O

Sounds good.

And i hit you with 4 food! thats a record man.

Edit: You got in first!, but i dont see you....

Jiggy

Would "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (Error Code) over Jiggy37 (the whole roster) 193-0" be considered a legal stat for the purposes of tournament results? :p

Firestorm

I can't actually sub this late. Gamer @ Heart, since you responded so late and were supposed to be disqualified, would you be okay with going to the loser's bracket and taking this as a forfeit? I can't really think of any other way to do this due to how far along the matches for Round 1 are.

Jiggy

I still wonder what it is about us that we can't connect to each other, but can connect to anyone else. Bizarre. :/
Edit: On the bright side, at least this is a lot less controversial than the Pokemon tournament fiasco.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Now that the loser's bracket and the winner's bracket is underway, for here on out it is single elimination, right?

And by the way, Firestorm, your bracket gif link is broken in your OP.

Bloodwake

Rentahamster said:
Now that the loser's bracket and the winner's bracket is underway, for here on out it is single elimination, right?

No it's going to be double the entire evening.

or tournament

or something

drunk whooooooooo

Firestorm

Rentahamster said:

no u

fixed >_>

It's still double elimination. If you're in the loser's bracket and lose, you're gone for good. If you're in the winners bracket and lose, you get sent to loser's. It's one big tournament, not two seperate ones.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I could never get in touch with mattso. I am forfeiting my 1st round match so that the tournament isn't held up. (I am posting this in case Firestorm doesn't get my PM).

Bloodwake

Okay, only nine first round matches to go if we count Archie's forfeit:

Shanks vs. CB3
Baiano19 vs. CassSept
rhfb vs. Mike T
dragonlife19 vs. vertopci
Halycon vs. beanoboy7 (or Mii, did we ever get a decision on that?)
Kwokuen vs. Tom_Cody
Vlad vs. Mudwhump
weepy vs. Ashhong
Mark D vs. Spirit Icana

The Hermit

I was supposed to fight CassSept in the other tourney, but he never showed up...

How long am I supposed to wait this time... ? :/

Bloodwake

Baiano19 said:
I was supposed to fight CassSept in the other tourney, but he never showed up...

How long am I supposed to wait this time... ? :/

Good question.

However, maybe Firestorm will grant you the forfeit so that we can move on...

Crushed

Fry Daddy
JSnake said:
I PM'd my opponent. However, he lives in Japan. I think he'd be awake when I'm sleeping and vice-versa.
Uh-oh, don't let Mommy know you're up past bedtime playing evil viddo-zappo-games with foreign strangers from the Internet*.

*Pedophiles

slayn

needs to show more effort.
JSnake said:
I PM'd my opponent. However, he lives in Japan. I think he'd be awake when I'm sleeping and vice-versa.
In working internationally, I have generally found the best time for you in this is first thing in the morning if you can make that happen. So that your 8-10am is his 9-11pm or something like that.*

*assumes eastern time zone

Round 2
JCX9 (Marth) vs. LouieGeetoo (Ice Climbers) on Final Destination: JCX9 Wins
JCX9 (Pokémon Trainer) vs. LouieGeetoo (Ice Climbers) on Delfino Plaza: JCX9 Wins

JCX9 2, LouieGeetoo 0

Great matches those were, but I kept screwing myself over on recovery. :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
JSnake said:
That's kinda like the situation my current opponent and I face. We have an 11 hour time difference between us.

Bloodwake

funkmastergeneral said:
yea I wasn't really thinking about that, rather it's just good for the rest of winners bracket

Yes it is. Still, my next match is going to lag just as bad due to the fact that either of the opponents are in different countries.

Jiggy

Bloodwake said:
Interesting fact: the tournament pool will begin to thin out after this round of the tournament.
It may have required me to take a forfeit victory to do it, but no matter what, even if I lose this round and the next one, which is very likely since I'm loaded up on noobishness, I'll still be able to say that I did better than 64 other people in the NeoGAF tournament. >_>

dfyb

Banned
Manabanana beat me 2 - 0

both times on final destination

first match was dfyb - DeDeDe, Manabanana - Lucas
second match was dfyb - Ness, Manabanana - DeDeDe

Jiggy

Yeah, sorry about that. I was playing some CPUs and trying to break in a new GC controller I bought yesterday (was also doing that against scottnak last night), but it's probably not going to happen in time for any tournament matches like I wanted. :lol It's still too stiff to recognize my smashes, dashes, and platform drops 100% of the time.

Edit: Which means that I'll be using the old controller I've been using and having success with, not that I'm copping out and making excuses. >_>

Round 2
Manabanana (Lucas) vs. dfyb (King DeDeDe) on Final Destination: Manabanana wins
Manabanana (King DeDeDe) vs. dfyb (Ness) on Final Destination: Manabanana wins

Good matches dfyb. Good luck in the rest of the tournament!

Top Bottom