• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

JSnake

I have yet to receive a reply from my opponent. At this rate, I don't think we'll be able to get a match going by tomorrow.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Killa Sasa said:
I must admit, the thing that is pushing me forward in this tournament was Jiggy saying my name means I must be overcompensating, hehehe.

To those who've played him, is Crushed at/near the level of Jiggy's (for lack of a better term) Elite Four (whom from what I understand, Jiggy should be a part of as well)? I want to know how well I should expect to do really. I've only been able to see that he's a C4 monster and plants it almost subconciously.
I'm nowhere as good as Jiggy. I think I've beaten him only once or twice.

Don't worry. With my luck, I'll probably start the match off by accidentally falling off the stage. Twice. As long as I actually pay attention to my buttons and where I am, I'm fine. :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Damnit, all this talk makes me curious to see how I stack up against Jiggy and company. I haven't played online at all except for my tourney matches.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Nabster92 said:
Hah where does all this praise come from? I think we've played like once and that wasn't even 1v1's right? I think like 3/4 of this gaf hype you speak of is from yourself. Besides there's no guarantee any of us will get to the finals, I barely made it by the first round and was like a hit away from death in both games. There's quite a high chance that some gaffer will come along with some play style that baffles me enough for him to squeak two wins in.

Speaking of gaffers coming along(or gaffers that need to rather), I still haven't heard back from you for our 2nd round match layzie.
Yeah I don't get it either. But hey, as long as everyone (jiggy) is talking about us anyway we should record some fights to put up on youtube or something.

Bloodwake

Dr.Hadji said:
If I have no one in my bracket do I get a buy?

Basically, this is the situation for us:

Baiano19 and CassSept still hasn't played, but Baiano19 is active in the thread. Evidently this matchup was in the items tournament as well, and CassSept didn't show for that either.

SOOO....

If this isn't decided by Saturday night at 8 EST, I'm going to PM all parties involved and Firestorm and see if we can make CassSept automatically forfeit. This way, you get your bye and I get to finally play my second round matchup.

Bloodwake

AND,

here's an updated list of people who STILL have first round matches to play for various reasons:

Shanks vs. CB3 ( I think that there's been some PMs sent about this one)
Baiano19 vs. CassSept (already explained in the post above)
dragonlife29 vs. vertopci (both players sent PMs)
Halycon vs. Mii (users switched)
Kwokuen vs. Tom_Cody (scheduling problems)
Vlad vs. Mugwhump
weepy vs. Ashtong (PMs sent by Ashtong i believe)
Mark D vs. Spirit Icana

One more interesting fact: Schattenjaeger is the first legitimate elimination from the tournament. Tough luck, man.

usea

infiniteloop and I scheduled some times, but then I overslept and missed it. (sorry!) :(
I hope we get another chance to play.

Zozz

Banned
I do not have a opponent yet, seriously I think the people from the first round should be dropped they've had plenty of time.

If this would happen would the people w/o an opponent in round 2 move to the next one?

And with that, I bow out of the tournament without winning a single match. Oi. :lol

Ah well, not like I suspected anything else.

Jigs, the matches were played on Final Destination and then the Bridge (which was my choice)

Vanish used Olimar(who has become the bane of my existence) both times and I stuck with Toon Link, afraid to bring Ike out.

Vanish

lol i rather have used sonic but he failed me in the first round and didnt want to trust him again...but gg though

Bloodwake

crowphoenix said:
And with that, I bow out of the tournament without winning a single match. Oi. :lol

Ah well, not like I suspected anything else.

Jigs, the matches were played on Final Destination and then the Bridge (which was my choice)

Vanish used Olimar(who has become the bane of my existence) both times and I stuck with Toon Link, afraid to bring Ike out.

Wow, my experiences with Olimar are pretty shitty in terms of using him. I'm curious to see someone play decently with him.

Firestorm

I'm gonna have to check up on the first rounders today I guess. I'm just super stressed out right now with school and now I'm sick =(

Dr.Hadji said:
If I have no one in my bracket do I get a buy?

No. You have to wait for them, sorry =(

Bloodwake

Firestorm said:
I'm gonna have to check up on the first rounders today I guess. I'm just super stressed out right now with school and now I'm sick =(

No. You have to wait for them, sorry =(

Oh yeah, uh, the Archie-mattso game... are you taking Archie's forfeit or not? Just trying to keep track of things.

Chris R

Firestorm, I PM'd Mike T on Wednesday morning, and haven't heard anything back from him. I'm just sad that we are holding people up :(

Firestorm

Mike T hasn't even read the PM I sent him. rhfb you move on. mattso moves on too, I PMed Archie to clarify. I'll look at the rest of the bracket today.

Jiggy

I can't wait to tally up my final count of whether there were more forfeits or more 2-1 matchups in the first round. >_>

Jiggy

Vanish said:
lol i rather have used sonic but he failed me in the first round and didnt want to trust him again...but gg though
Did you use him for both matches in the first round? Normally I wouldn't ask people to give more details than they chose to give in the first place, but I'm interested in Sonic because he's one of the few characters that nobody before now said they picked. I want at least some data on him by the end of the tournament. >_>

The Hermit

Bloodwake said:
Basically, this is the situation for us:

Baiano19 and CassSept still hasn't played, but Baiano19 is active in the thread. Evidently this matchup was in the items tournament as well, and CassSept didn't show for that either.

SOOO....

If this isn't decided by Saturday night at 8 EST, I'm going to PM all parties involved and Firestorm and see if we can make CassSept automatically forfeit. This way, you get your bye and I get to finally play my second round matchup.

I haven´t heard of this guy in a week so, I doubt he will show up.

Fun fact: In the items tournament I will face OliveJuice, Ysiadmihi and Milabrega... :lol

D:

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Bloodwake said:
AND,

here's an updated list of people who STILL have first round matches to play for various reasons:

Shanks vs. CB3 ( I think that there's been some PMs sent about this one)

I'm pretty sure CB3 is a no show. He's posted for the last week consistently in other threads but hasn't shown up here (or the items tournament) for a while.

Or maybe he's only PMing. Any word from him, shanks? I want to do my second round match...

Bloodwake

superbank said:
I'm pretty sure CB3 is a no show. He's posted for the last week consistently in other threads but hasn't shown up here (or the items tournament) for a while.

Or maybe he's only PMing. Any word from him, shanks? I want to do my second round match...

Shanks only PMed him about it yesterday. CB3 hasn't responded yet. Shanks was a replacement, so it's understandable that that match hasn't been played yet.

Bloodwake

Baiano19 said:
I haven´t heard of this guy in a week so, I doubt he will show up.

Fun fact: In the items tournament I will face OliveJuice, Ysiadmihi and Milabrega... :lol

D:

CassSept hasn't even posted in three days in any thread.

Bloodwake

I know this is like my third post in a row, but rumor has it that HotByCold is banned. Don't know what you guys want to do about him in the tourney, but I thought I'd pass it on.

Bloodwake said:
I know this is like my third post in a row, but rumor has it that HotByCold is banned. Don't know what you guys want to do about him in the tourney, but I thought I'd pass it on.

thats what he gets for banging 14 year olds

Bloodwake

funkmastergeneral said:
thats what he gets for banging 14 year olds

LMFAO

Yeah, HotByCold contacted me on another forum and forfeited. I'd give you the link, but it's from a banned site: a certain forum that's a play on a certain moderator's name.

;)

Shanks

superbank said:

I did PM him the other day and I haven't heard back. Is there a cut-off time I am supposed to wait for before I let you guys know something?

So is the deadline Saturday at 10 for round 2 or Wednesday at 5am GMT (or are these the same times, I am no good with time zones.)

funkmastergeneral said:
SuperAndroid won 2-1, stages were FD-Hyrule Temple - Smashville

for the statistics whores
Singles Match #2

Round 1
Final Destination
Wolf vs Pikachu

Round 2
Hyrule temple
Wario vs Pikachu

Round 3
Anima crossing
Link vs Pikachu

Bloodwake

Killa Sasa said:
So is the deadline Saturday at 10 for round 2 or Wednesday at 5am GMT (or are these the same times, I am no good with time zones.)

I'm thinking that he messed up and meant Saturday at 5 AM GMT as well, since Wednesday was the last cutoff date.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Shanks said:
I did PM him the other day and I haven't heard back. Is there a cut-off time I am supposed to wait for before I let you guys know something?

Firestorm makes the rules for the tournament so whatever he says.

Acerac

Banned
I won 2-0. Good games though, poke trainer is a fierce opponent. Love the openings when he switches poke balls though.

Match 1
Final D
Acerac (Lucas) v Toy Soldier (Poke Trainer)

Match 2
Mario Circuit
Acerac (Kirby) v Toy Solider (Poke Trainer)

Zozz

Banned
How long do I have to wait to get an opponent for round 2? I don't have an opponent yet. I'm just wondering, I don't want to get disqualified for any reasons.

Firestorm

Tomorrow night I'll just be deciding winners on who I think made more of an effort I think. I'll probably do a week for the next round where ALL battles MUST be completed in. Then we can move things along at a brisker pace.

kIdMuScLe

my rd. 2 is HotbyCold and now he is banned so what do I do now? and the time difference between us was pretty huge. he was from Sweden and I'm from LA so it was difficult to set a time for our match up.

Jiggy

Can't wait for round 3 to see if I can manage to get lucky again. ^__^ But first that round 1 match has to finish or be decided upon, and then that round 2 match afterward has to finish as well...

Firestorm

kIdMuScLe said:
my rd. 2 is HotbyCold and now he is banned so what do I do now? and the time difference between us was pretty huge. he was from Sweden and I'm from LA so it was difficult to set a time for our match up.

You win.

kIdMuScLe said:
Looks like your my round 3 opponent then. :D

Firestorm

Keru_Shiri said:
Looks like your my round 3 opponent then. :D

You're not his opponent. Losers bracket is confusing. Do not go ahead on Loser's Bracket matches for Round 3.

And SantaC being eliminated will depend on how long he's banned for probably.

Top Bottom