• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

There was an error on my part but after speaking with Gogita, he said it was cool that we count the matches that we played as official. My thanks go to him.

Gamer @ heart (kirby) over SS4Gogita (Lucas) at Final Des.
SS4Gogita (lucas) over Gamer @ heart (kirby) at spear pillar
Gamer @ heart (kirby) over SS4Gogita (Lucas) at Final Des.

Firestorm

Could you guys keep non-tournament matches to the other threads? Makes it easier for me when I go through the thread to find the posts indicating who's active and not.

Me and Crushed have run into some scheduling problems (him being UTW and busy, me @ work when he finally can play :S). We're trying to get something figured out tomorrow though.

Bloodwake

By my count, we still have 26 second round matches remaining to finish by tomorrow (or Sunday for me in the Eastern time zone)

justchris

Firestorm said:
Mike T hasn't even read the PM I sent him. rhfb you move on. mattso moves on too, I PMed Archie to clarify. I'll look at the rest of the bracket today.

That means I don't have an opponent for the second round, unless Mike T spontaneously appears.

Edit: Jiggy, you have your stats wrong. Mike T forfeited, not rhfb. (#27)

DarkKyo

Guled told me he'd be on at 1:30 but he isn't here yet. I need to leave within the hour though and I won't be back for awhile. If he doesn't show, is that a forfeit for him?

Guled

Dechaios said:
Guled told me he'd be on at 1:30 but he isn't here yet. I need to leave within the hour though and I won't be back for awhile. If he doesn't show, is that a forfeit for him?
I'm here, check your pm

DarkKyo

Good fights Guled! I got scared there for a bit!

I was Diddy in both fights, Guled was Snake in both fights.
First level: Final Destination
Second level: Shadow Moses
I won both. Good luck Guled!

Guled

Dechaios said:
Good fights Guled! I got scared there for a bit!

I was Diddy in both fights, Guled was Snake in both fights.
First level: Final Destination
Second level: Shadow Moses
I won both. Good luck Guled!
Good game

Nabster92

Teknoman said:
How can anyone play Brawl with the volume that low? Oh the humanity!

Well i don't think the sound recording part of the camera is that great and in order to record it in real time i had to set the camera down on the opposite end of the room and just zoom in so it probably wasn't THAT low in reality.

Bloodwake

I'm surprised more second round games haven't been played, considering that not only is it Saturday, but the last Saturday for the second round technically.

Nabster92

layzie still needs to respond to my PM's, just sent him another one incase he missed the first for some reason. And if you're just checking this thread I'm free anytime today so send me a PM back for a time or come to the IRC channel or something.

Blizzard

Banned
shaft said:
did some looking, and Joefu will be my next opponent.

*looks at his used characters*

OMG PIKACHU!!! :( :(

Not to give any hints, but I don't think pikachu is the one you need to worry about. =P

Bloodwake

Cyan said:
For every first round game that hasn't yet been played (8, I think), two second round games cannot be played.

That's true. So for the eight first round matches, there are sixteen second round matches that can't be played.

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
Me and Tom Cody have sent PMs, but have been having a difficult time setting up matches--what with different schedules and all. Any chance of a substitute?

I'd still love to participate in the tournament if possible.

Bloodwake

Kwokuen said:
Me and Tom Cody have sent PMs, but have been having a difficult time setting up matches--what with different schedules and all. Any chance of a substitute?

That's Firestorm's decision, but at this late, probably not.

usea

I don't have time to play my match today or tomorrow. So I'll have to forfeit. Sorry if I caused a delay :(

Bloodwake

Arol said:
I don't understand the deadline. Is it today or Wednesday?

I think it's today. I think Wednesday is a mistake, seeing as the first round deadline was Wednesday. He just forgot to change out the wording.

Milabrega

Milabrega (Pit) Over ICallItFutile (Toon Link) stage Final Destination
Milabrega (Pit) Over ICallItFutile (Marth) stage Final Destination

Great Matches. Kept catching me off guard with Link's projectiles.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Final Destinatation - Stage 1
Milabrega (Pit) - ICallItFutile (Toon Link)
Milabrega Winner

Final Destination - Stage 2
Milabrega (Pit) - ICallItFutile (Marth)
Milabrega Winner

Teasel

i played angelo but he forfeited because the game was too laggy for him... mine was decent
can't i do anything to improve my opponents connection? it feel kinda cheap this way

Jiggy

It's always sad to hear about lag on one end and not on the other. :( It just throws a wrench in figuring out who the better players are. I know I joke around a lot that I kind of suck at Brawl (
it's a lie, because actually I really, really, really suck at Brawl
), but it truly makes a person wonder if they won by better reflexes and mindgames or if they only had a better connection.

Bloodwake

We still have EIGHT first round absences.

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but I'm on spring break in a rural Kentucky town and I'm fucking BORED AS HELL.

Firestorm

Once I get home, I'll make decisions on the first round, see what's going on with second, and give a week to finish ALL 2nd and 3rd round matches. After which time I will decide winners based on my knowledge of who's been active.

Zozz

Banned
I honestly think the pending round 1 matches should be dropped, they've had so much time.

I still need an opponent for round 2.

So when will you update the bracket again? I would love to get my 3rd round fight done before tuesday because the rest of the week ill be pretty busy.

Milabrega

Akia said:
I hope I wasn't kicked out. Mila never showed up.

What? You never showed up. Our match was at 5, I was on from 4-5:30 and was on Gaf until about 7 on the day. You also took about a week to respond to the PM's. Your not Knocked out its double elimination but I do believe Firestorm gave you the loss for round 1.

AkiaPmTuesday10:32pm said:
Fine. 5pm est tomorrow be there or be square.

We're both on Eastern time zones.

Dreavus

Just played our matches:

Match 1 - Dreavus (MetaKnight) versus Truendo(wolf) on Final Destination - Winner: Dreavus
Match 2 - Dreavus (MetaKnight) versus Truendo(wolf) on Final Destination - Winner: Dreavus

Thanks for the great games Truendo!

Malfunky

I wasn't thinking about the loser bracket and didn't respond to Michan until this morning, but he hasn't responded back yet, which is understandable. I'll forfeit for being too late if it messed anything up or something.

Top Bottom