• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Firestorm said:
You're not his opponent. Losers bracket is confusing. Do not go ahead on Loser's Bracket matches for Round 3.

And SantaC being eliminated will depend on how long he's banned for probably.
Oh, myt mistake. :) I sent you a PM a few days back regarding this (he had actually sent me a PM forfeiting).

Assuming this holds, my round 3 opponent will be "Q" correct? (Halycon, Mii, or Zozz)?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Viewtiful_dru and I just finished our matches for round 2. They were a lot of fun... I'm really enjoying this tournament so far. I hope that when it's all over we have another one soon... I could see myself making scheduled online tourney matches a routine thing and having a lot of fun :lol Thanks for the great matches, dru!

Match 1
Final Destination
MrCheez (Olimar) versus Viewtiful Dru (Pikachu)
Winner: MrCheez

Match 2
Smashville
MrCheez (Olimar) versus Viewtiful Dru (Pikachu)
Winner: MrCheez

MrCheez

viewtiful_dru said:
MrCheez is a beast.

that is all.

:lol Thanks but I don't feel like a beast. At this point I've just got a lot of hours playing this game under my belt :) There are still a handful of people on GAF alone that I have a TON of trouble with. (I feel I'm getting better with each match, though!)

And don't undersell yourself dru, that second match was close. :)

Edit:

Relix said:
This thread needs more smack talk

From what I've seen so far I think the GAF smash community is actually a little too polite for this most of the time. :lol Maybe we need to start getting more "sports fanish" about all of this??

Here let me try...

BRING IT EARTHBOUND KIDS, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE YOU CAN STICK YOUR BASEBALL BATS AND TWIGS!! >:O

Mr Cheez, we have to play again, last time we played it was pretty laggy; I'll show you what the earthbound kids are all about, not only that but I'll throw in the star fox team in also.

MrCheez

biggkidd32 said:
Mr Cheez, we have to play again, last time we played it was pretty laggy; I'll show you what the earthbound kids are all about, not only that but I'll throw in the star fox team in also.

I've got a lot going on this weekend but I think I'm going to get a lot of wifi in every evening of next week :)

Kiddies and furries... bring em on! :lol

p.s. i play a space midget so maybe i shouldn't be talking :eek:

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Your strategy is predictable MrCheez, though it took me two matches to fully figure it out. After that its not hard... hopefully you have changed it... FOR THE TIME WE FACE EACH OTHER WILL BE SOON!

MrCheez

Relix said:
Your strategy is predictable MrCheez, though it took me two matches to fully figure it out. After that its not hard... hopefully you have changed it... FOR THE TIME WE FACE EACH OTHER WILL BE SOON!

How many matches did we play? (I can't remmeber) It goes both ways... I try to change up my strategy when my opponent alters theirs.

Although of course I certainly have my off days and I certainly have had plenty of poor online matches to go along with my ownage ones.

WE SHALL SEE WHEN WE MEET AGAIN ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
MrCheez said:
How many matches did we play? (I can't remmeber) It goes both ways... I try to change up my strategy when my opponent alters theirs.

Although of course I certainly have my off days and I certainly have had plenty of poor online matches to go along with my ownage ones.

WE SHALL SEE WHEN WE MEET AGAIN ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE!

Yeah I have my HORRIBLY POOR games everyonce in a while. I thinkwe played like 7 games, it went 5-2 I think. I keep a tally of most of my 1v1's :lol . Oh well, hopefully I'll meet you in a tournament fight.

AND THAT DAY THE SOUL OF YOUR PIKMIN'S WILL GO TO HELL!!

MrCheez

Relix said:
AND THAT DAY THE SOUL OF YOUR PIKMIN'S WILL GO TO HELL!!

!!!

pikmin_080111h-l.jpg

T_T

Yep, good matches, particularly the second one. For the stat whores:

Match 1:
Phantom Flapjack (Zelda) vs. NeoForte (Lucas) on Final Destination

Match 2:
Phantom Flapjack (Zelda) vs. NeoForte (Lucas) on Smashville

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
biggkidd32 said:
I'll play Relix too, I'm not scared of your luigi.

Argh! :lol You will fear the Green Tornado! BWAHAHAHA....

I am preparing a nice surprise for later on. I have spent the time practicing... and my new techniques, not only with Luigi, have evolved. You too shall soon fear... THE POWER OF TOON!

(Want a 1v1? :D ) ->Someone challenged. Give me some time

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Milabrega and I will be playing our match tomorrow at 6PM.

If anyone is interested, I'm looking for some people to practice against 1 on 1. Want to be in tip top shape to give Milabrega a real fight. :p

Jiggy

I like how I leave for only like 90 minutes and suddenly all the matches happen. Time to record stats.

crowphoenix said:
... Jigs, you sent me into a horror story with that Link to hotbycold's banning. I don't think I'll ever be clean again.
Oh, I only looked at his profile. I have no idea why he got banned, and now after hearing you say this I probably never will. >_>

Blizzard

Banned
crowphoenix said:
... Jigs, you sent me into a horror story with that Link to hotbycold's banning. I don't think I'll ever be clean again.

...now -I'm- curious. How/where did you find the story?

Curiosity killed the cat :(

truendo

Dreavus still hasn't responded to the PMs. We were gonna play two nights ago but couldn't. I haven't gotten a reply since then...

Arol

Arol over Beezy Round #2 - 2-0

Final Destinatation - Stage 1
Arol (Lucario) - Beezy (Lucas)
Arol Winner

Battlefield - Stage 2
Arol (Lucario) - Beezy (Lucas)
Arol Winner

Good games Beezy. Your Lucas is really impressive, had me guessing what to do.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bluesummers over XiaNaphryz 2-0. I completely flubbed the first match, and we were both on our last lives in the 2nd over 90%. :(

Bluesummers over XiaNaphryz 2-0
I used Ness and he used Zelda both rounds.
FD first of course, 2nd round on Smashville.

He really steped it up the 2nd game. Hes got a pretty good zelda. I think you will do well in losers bracket XiaNaphryz. GG again. :D

Jiggy

Round 1 (so far) was 31-12 on shutouts vs. 2-1 matchups. Round 2 (so far) has been 12-4 on shutouts. I wonder whether Round 3 will finally start having more even matches. >_>

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jiggy37 said:
Round 1 (so far) was 31-12 on shutouts vs. 2-1 matchups. Round 2 (so far) has been 12-4 on shutouts. I wonder whether Round 3 will finally start having more even matches. >_>
How many of those 2-0 matches came down to the last life for each round though? From what I gathered in the thread, it happened quite a bit so it could be a bit misleading if you're going to just make a blanket statement that people who got swept aren't being competitive and keeping things even.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Manabanana said:
Hrmm, you gonna take that back now? :lol

I did kick you a lot, especially after the 4 close matches, after that it was smooth sail for me =D. Nah, you are good, very good... in fact, in your bracket, only bigkidd could pose you a challenge... but then again I beat him too =P.

I am getting a bit too cocky -_-. But then again... this is a tournament... WE NEED BRAGGING!

Relix said:
I did kick you a lot, especially after the 4 close matches, after that it was smooth sail for me =D. Nah, you are good, very good... in fact, in your bracket, only bigkidd could pose you a challenge... but then again I beat him too =P.

I am getting a bit too cocky -_-. But then again... this is a tournament... WE NEED BRAGGING!

In that case, Im def gonna make it to final round. :D

XiaNaphryz said:
How many of those 2-0 matches came down to the last life for each round though? From what I gathered in the thread, it happened quite a bit so it could be a bit misleading if you're going to just make a blanket statement that people who got swept aren't being competitive and keeping things even.

I only got one kill every round against my opponents as Toon Link. 2 with Ike.

Jiggy

Bragging sucks. Underselling oneself and overselling one's opponent is the new hotness.

XiaNaphryz said:
That could be misleading, but it's not what I'm saying. I'm just curious when we'll stop having mostly shutout victories. >_>

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
BlueSummers said:
No lag=me winning. :lol But seriously, Im decent, just gotta play smart and I have a chance.

Lag kills my game too, I am good managing it but sometimes... ARGH!

biggkidd32 said:
Relix you got nothing on me, don't get cocky for beating me once in a bad day.

YES! I DID IT! :lol :lol Nah don't take it bad, you are one of the best on GAF; and frankly you can beat me if I fight you in a "good" day.

Jiggy37 said:
Bragging sucks. Underselling oneself and overselling one's opponent is the new hotness.

I am the most humble guy out there when it comes to this type of stuff... but it kinda needs more rivalry, like more desire to beat the opponent. Don't know.... the tournaments I go to are "GO FOR THE THROAT" type, so I am enjoying the laid back fighting here at GAF. It's MUCH better trust me. I just wanted to spice up things, don't get me wrong.

I can get cocky, but as soon as I get beaten that goes away
which will never happen, BWAHAHAH

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
BlueSummers said:
I play Ness too so if theres alot of lag, PK thunder recovery can be really tough. I have been managing it ok so far.

Yeah I have always wondered how Lucas and Ness players can recover with the input lag. Sometimes it seems near impossible. I have a certain thing against characters too... if I see an Ike or a Wolf I go all out. Hell I have a PhD on beating them. When I see people that use other characters then I play the way I play. FOr example... I have some degree of mercy with Lucas and Ness since their recovery is hard on online games, that's why I don't ledge grab when facing them (aside from the fact that I can get a good hit up my ass).

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
biggkidd32 said:
Relix get on now, i need to beat someone up. Preferably a luigi or a toon link.

My sister is getting done with a CoD4 round. As soon as she's done I'll update this. Gonna be turning my Wii on meanwhile...

LOGGING IN NOW

Relix said:
Yeah I have always wondered how Lucas and Ness players can recover with the input lag. Sometimes it seems near impossible. I have a certain thing against characters too... if I see an Ike or a Wolf I go all out. Hell I have a PhD on beating them. When I see people that use other characters then I play the way I play. FOr example... I have some degree of mercy with Lucas and Ness since their recovery is hard on online games, that's why I don't ledge grab when facing them (aside from the fact that I can get a good hit up my ass).

Are you still in the tournament? If I end up playing you I will make sure not to use my Wolf :lol I am good with Lucas and Ike too but dont trust them in tournament play.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Where the hell are you Kidd =P. I made my sister stop playing!

EDIT: You are getting revenge for me not playing with you earlier right :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Had to leave Kidd. Awesome games, you are the second out there to figure out my strategy, But then again did you expect me to come up with nothing else under my sleeve? :lol Hey, you are the second one besides Kak to pull my 100%, feel happy. 4-2 (or 5-3) my win! BWAHAHAH!!

Jiggy

BlueSummers said:
No lag=me winning. :lol But seriously, Im decent, just gotta play smart and I have a chance.
I'm more than shameless enough to admit that I won't be too dissatisfied if lag hurts the expert players more than it hurts me so that I can cheat my way to the top actually win a match or two in the future. :D It's the only way that would ever happen, after all!
Are you annoyed yet, Relix? I'm not bragging! :eek:

Top Bottom