• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Masked Man

I said wow
Masked Man (M@) v. KevinCow (K.COW)

Match 1: M@ (Lucas) v. K.COW (Olimar)
Arena: Final Destination
Victor: M@

Match 2: M@ (Lucas) v. K.COW (Olimar)
Arena: Shadow Moses Island
Victor: K.COW

Match 3: M@ (Lucas) v. K.COW (Mr. Game & Watch)
Arena: PictoChat
Victor: K.COW

Good matches, my friend!
I need to learn how to approach G&W...and Olimar, for that matter. ;_;[/spoiler

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relix vs Crimmy = I win (Final Dest)
Relix vs Crimmy = I lose (Final Dest)
Relix vs Crimmy = I win (Battlefield)

2-1. We both used Luigi and Snake respectively.

EDIT: By the way man, your Snake is the weirdest Snake I have EVER fought. Extremely good, had a lot of fun and I was FUCKING nervous hahaha. Had to leave since my sister is in a Gears of War tournament right now, but I will be more than glad to play you later!

Masked Man

I said wow
Relix said:
Relix vs Crimmy = I win (Final Dest)
Relix vs Crimmy = I lose (Final Dest)
Relix vs Crimmy = I win (Battlefield)

2-1. We both used Luigi and Snake respectively.

EDIT: By the way man, your Snake is the weirdest Snake I have EVER fought. Extremely good, had a lot of fun and I was FUCKING nervous hahaha. Had to leave since my sister is in a Gears of War tournament right now, but I will be more than glad to play you later!

Isn't Crimmy ridiculous? His Snake is kind of unconventional, but surprisingly effective!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Masked Man said:
Isn't Crimmy ridiculous? His Snake is kind of unconventional, but surprisingly effective!

Yeah he was driving me crazy :lol . in fact the first victory I had was more of a ""hit-n-fool" win since he killed himself twice with that crazy downkick Snake has and my magic fireballs. Second one I was losing, BAD, tried a comeback, was close, but failed.

Third one the level gave me the advantage since he couldn't use the Up+B. This one was rather easy compared to the Final Destination maps which give Snake the advantage since its all plain and easy to cruise.

So Crimmy, props to you man, I thought I was gonna lose for the first time in a while. So many had challenged me so far and you drove me nuts (Mr. Cheez gets that distinction too with the Olimar). I was gonna unleash my Toon Link but I am not yet confident with him, heh

Crimmy

hey no problem relix. Yeah I ended up killin myself twice for no damned reason the first round. My azz got handed to me in that battlefield tho. I didnt realize i wasnt able to use my Up+ A until after you put a hurting on me.

I look forward to playing you 1 on 1 again :)

Firestorm

Round 3 (Deadline: Saturday April 5th at 10 PM Pacific)
First Stage: Castle Siege
stage09_thmbnail.jpg

Bracket (click here)

PM your opponent and then post here once you have done so. If you receive a PM, reply to the PM and post here. I need to know how the communication is going. PLEASE read the rules over again. Do not deviate from the rules.

If you guys want to use an easy way of coordinating matches, join the irc channel that slayn made:

server: irc.globalgamers.net
channel #gaf_sb

Use your own IRC client or use the browser-based version: http://irc-pro.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=GlobalGamers&room=#gaf_sb

If you are having networking issues, check Threi's thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256257

----

Round 1
Shanks wins over CB3 due to forfeit
Dragmire wins over CB3 due to forfeit

rfhb wins over Mike T due to forfeit
justchris wins over Mike T due to forfeit

Baiano19 wins over CassSept due to forfeit
Dr.Hadji wins over CassSept deue to forfeit

Halycon wins over Mii due to forfeit
bigmakstudios wins over Mii due to forfeit

Kwokuen wins over Tom Cody due to forfeit
armubaba wins over Tom Cody due to forfeit

Vlad wins over mugwhump due to forfeit

Mark D wins over Spirit Icana due to forfeit

Round 2
JSnake wins over RevenantKioku due to forfeit
jibblypop wins over Ril due to forfeit
Economan wins over Kevtones due to forfeit
zaxor0 wins over Kirk due to forfeit
Kusagari wins over Scribble due to forfeit
Zeed wins over Osaka due to forfeit
Nabster92 wins over layzie1989

I've PMed a few people who both responded to each other but haven't done their round 1 match. I'll probably have to random a winner if they don't do it by tomorrow. Both were replaced by subs so that's why it's taking so long I think.

I gotta get to the rest of the people where neither party PMed each other -_-

MGrant

I still need to do my match with PillowKnight. I'm not sure where he is. If he's posted that he needs to reschedule, that's fine, just let me know and I'll try and find a time.

Firestorm

MGrant said:
I still need to do my match with PillowKnight. I'm not sure where he is. If he's posted that he needs to reschedule, that's fine, just let me know and I'll try and find a time.

Yeah, didnh't give you the win since you only PMed in the last 24 hours.

Firestorm

gg Aladuf23! I won 2-0. Pikachu must be hard to play in lag. Also, how long does Thunder lag jeez :(

Firestorm (Meta Knight, Toon Link) over Aladuf23 (Pikachu, Pikachu) 2-0; Bridge of Eldin

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Pikachu must be hard to play in lag.
Recovery becomes instantly terrible instead of superb, but people do have more issues dodging Thundershock, and especially Pika's down smash that hits on whatever insane number of frames.

Edit: By the way, seeing as the winners' bracket has 7 rounds while the losers' bracket has 13 (assuming I'm counting correctly this late), when do they start kind of splitting apart and not having matches at the same time? >_>

Jiggy

Can't wait for that Shanks/superbank match to finish so I can meet my next opponent and get sent to the losers' bracket where I belong! :D

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Jiggy37 said:
Can't wait for that Shanks/superbank match to finish so I can meet my next opponent and get sent to the losers' bracket where I belong! :D

:lol Jiggy, you so cwazy

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Jiggy37 said:

If I make it it will be interesting to fight you. You've been on my friends list since the beginning but I don't think I've ever played you. Whats up with that? :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Round 3 map is Castle Siege? God dammit I have all kinds of problems there :lol . Will get to practice then :D

I see SixStringsPsycho is still stuck in the second round.... so whoever you guys are supposed to fight in the first bracket to face him get to it. I want my 3rd round opponent... Crimmy pumped me up :lol :D

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
JSnake said:
I should... I beat Kioku because he forfeited.

Unless Firestorm hasn't updated the bracket recently, there's a round one match still pending (As far as Jiggy's post says) that will determine your opponent.

Teasel

done the game with JCX9
1st match
Olimar (teasel) vs Pikachu (JCX9) on castle siege - i win
2nd match
Olimar (teasel) vs Pikachu (JCX9) on smashville - i win

Shanks

Pm sent to Superbank. If I don't get destroyed by Superbank, then I have the luck to be stuck fighting the amazing Jiggy. Joy.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
jibblypop and I will be playing our third round match at 2PM EST today.

Shanks said:
Pm sent to Superbank. If I don't get destroyed by Superbank, then I have the luck to be stuck fighting the amazing Jiggy. Joy.

Jiggy likes to underplay how good he is I think. I started doing a ranking system, and he's at least better then three people so far. :p

Jiggy

Don't worry. I'm actually as hopeless and harmless as Ayu-chan. And just like her, every time I barrel over someone it's purely by accident and luck. I mean, someone with an avatar like this...
Ayu.gif

...can't possibly be too menacing in a competitive match. Can't possibly! ^^
If I even get past this round, both the buck and the luck stop with slayn.

Firestorm

Akia, you're still in but in the loser's bracket. Your opponent is muttyeah416. Please contact him.

JSnake said:
So, who the hell is my opponent in round 3? I'm an idiot and can't wrap my mind around your chart.
You don't have an opponent yet.

Relix said:
Weegi and Ashgong finish your first round already darnit =/

I had to give them some extra time since Weepy was a sub and I kinda screwed up by putting in the wrong name on the bracket (his username is Weepy). I'm waiting for a response and if I don't get it, I'll random a winner.

jibblypop

Banned
Jibblypop vs ICallItFutile = I win (Castle Siege)
Jibblypop vs ICallItFutile = I lose (Final Destination)
Jibblypop vs IcallItFutile = I win (Pictochat)

great game! so intense at the end... i had 144% damage when it was over!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
ICallItFutile v. jibblypop

Match 1: ICallItFutile (Toon Link) v. jibblypop (Wolf)
Arena: Castle Siege
Victor: jibblypop

Match 2: ICallItFutile (Toon Link) v. jibblypop (Wolf)
Arena: Final Destination
Victor: ICallItFutile

Match 3: ICallItFutile (Toon Link) v. jibblypop (Marth)
Arena: PictoChat
Victor: jibblypop

It was a very intense battle. Came down to one life each in last match, where I died at 98% (jibblypop was at 144%).

At least I went out with a bang.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Hopefully Sasa and I can do our 2nd Round matches today, but if there's a schedule conflict again I'm pretty sure we can do it tomorrow.

Bloodwake

WHOO I HAVE AN OPPONENT!

Have no idea how to practice for Baiano19, hopefully lag won't devastate us due to the country difference.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Geez. Everyone's in the third round already and I either don't even have a second round opponent yet or am just illiterate when it comes to reading charts.

Bloodwake

Iam Canadian said:
Geez. Everyone's in the third round already and I either don't even have a second round opponent yet or am just illiterate when it comes to reading charts.

Yeah, but both of those members have been actively PMing... probably a schedule conflict.

The good news is that now all second and third round stuff has to be done by this Saturday regardless.

Bloodwake

Cyan said:
Not good news for me and Iam, who've been twiddling our thumbs for a week waiting for an opponent, and will be screwed now if we have any scheduling issues.

:/

That's true, but I think your situation, since you are currently being fucked over by having to wait, will be understandable.

Top Bottom