• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Jiggy

BlueSummers said:
Jiggy has zero faith in me doing well :lol
If it makes you feel better, I also have zero faith in me doing well.

Especially when I'm facing slayn in like three minutes. D:

Jiggy37 said:
If it makes you feel better, I also have zero faith in me doing well.

Especially when I'm facing slayn in like three minutes. D:

Gl man..I have faith in myself without lag. I wish I could youtube the matches me and this kid had at my college today. They are crazy.

Bloodwake

Round 2 Match Up

Bloodwake (Captain Falcon)
defeated Baiano19 (Zero Suit Samus), Final Destination
Bloodwake (Captain Falcon) defeated Baiano19 (Zero Suit Samus), Bridge of Eldin

Two very, very close games. Very good game Baiano, watch out to whoever has to fight him next round. He totally kicked my ass in warmups and I was cussing my ass off the entire game.

ON TO ROUND THREE WHOO.

Jiggy37 said:
Round 4

1) slayn (R.O.B., R.O.B.) over Jiggy37 (Kirby, Zelda) 2-0; Pokemon Stadium 2

Tough break Jiggy, im sure they were good matches. I look foward to playing aganist slayn if I make it that far :D

Jiggy

BlueSummers said:
Tough break Jiggy, im sure they were good matches. I look foward to playing aganist slayn if I make it that far :D
Nah, one-sided slaughterfests, including one where he had Kirby literally up to 209% damage, and then another one where he KOed Zelda at about 13%, which takes crazy levels of skill. Like I kept saying, my luck had to stop somewhere! :D Don't even know how I got this far.

Jiggy37 said:
Nah, one-sided slaughterfests, including one where he had Kirby literally up to 209% damage, and then another one where he KOed Zelda at about 13%, which takes crazy levels of skill. Like I kept saying, my luck had to stop somewhere! :D Don't even know how I got this far.

Geez, can anyone take down the monster that is slayn? :lol

Jiggy

He should have deleted the "n" from his name, because then it would be a perfect description of his profession.

Edit: On the bright side, since I had lucked out and won through round 3, there are exactly 104 people in this tournament who I did better than, guaranteed. :D

Chris R

Is the lag I described earlier a constant problem? Like I said this was the very first online match I had ever played, and when we were trying to decide on who to host, we did a 2m demo round. I had issues just plain platforming by myself in Hyrule, let alone doing damage and evading attacks :(

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I can't sleep, so I just want to say that Jiggy, you have an amazing Kirby. That was such an amazing match. Jiggy was beating me by quite a bit in the middle. Like he was up a stock and I was at 80% or so. And his kirby just WOULD NOT DIE.

209 freaking percent. I was yelling DIE ALREADY at the TV. And then finally I was able to make a comeback. Not with any lucky blow or spike or anything. Just slowly chipping away, turning the tide of battle. I think if I had gone with any other character but ROB Jiggy would have had me.

It was a pleasure to play against you. We nee to have more casual matches so I can face that kirby again. Single most intense match since I've bought the game.

Amazing. Pisses me off that it had no chance of replay. That match must have been like 10 minutes long.

scottnak

Firestorm said:
Ok. scottnak you move on. I hand forfeit to WalkMan.

Did you PM and what did you get in response?
2 PMs, 27th and 30th.
No response to either...

Alright... so I guess my next opponent is LouieGeeToo yes?

Jiggy

rhfb said:
Is the lag I described earlier a constant problem? Like I said this was the very first online match I had ever played, and when we were trying to decide on who to host, we did a 2m demo round. I had issues just plain platforming by myself in Hyrule, let alone doing damage and evading attacks :(
Well, lag in general is certainly a common problem. But your type of lag specifically, where one players feels it and the other doesn't... Well, that's been hard to gauge, because people can only really say stuff like "I have a little lag" or "I have a lot of lag" and it's so subjective that there's no way to measure it too accurately. It doesn't sound too common for things to be one-sided like that, but yes, it does happen to some people other than you.

slayn said:
I can't sleep, so I just want to say that Jiggy, you have an amazing Kirby. That was such an amazing match. Jiggy was beating me by quite a bit in the middle. Like he was up a stock and I was at 80% or so.
Well, I was at 80% at that point too, but yeah. Crazy stuff. I actually let my guard down right around then because I was like "Eh, he can't come back from this, I've been consistently doing more damage and taking less and yeah," then your hits just kept coming and I'm like "Well, so much for that idea. D:"

Edit: For the record, everyone, I wasn't kidding about the one-sided slaughterfest at least about Zelda. :p Nor the 13% death! I'm like, "Oh, he's going to hit me, better air dodge even though I'm right next to the edge and I'll fall to my death instead of grabbing it, or instead of simply not air dodging and sucking up the 9 damage."

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Phantom Flapjack said:
Round 3!

Match 1:
Phantom Flapjack (Ness) over superbank (Captain Falcon) on Castle Siege

Match 2:
Phantom Flapjack (Ness) over superbank (Captain Falcon) on Halberd

Man. I really thought I was gonna make it farther. Although suicides and assisted suicides aren't moves you should pull off in tourney matches so my loss is well deserved.

Good luck Phantom.

And too bad about Jiggy. I was thinking he'd topple slayn and upset the whole tournament.

Jiggy

Maybe I'll make a comeback from the losers' bracket. :eek: Though that would take some kind of semi-miracle, since my next match is in Round 7, and I'd have to go through that and a Round 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 before getting to face the winners' bracket winner.

If I ever run a tournament it's going to be round robin or bust because I'm biased like that. >_>

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh, I played kirby against slayn, and his only compliment was that I was average, and that I had a "weird" style that confused him. I got him down to one stock a few times. :p

However, now I want to play Jiggy even more.

weepy

SixStringPsycho (Ike) vs. Weepy (Kirby) 3-2
SixStringPsycho (Fox) vs. Weepy (Diddy) 3-2

Stage: Final Destination

GGs SixStringPsycho though that lag was killing me :lol Man I was cussing like a a sailor. I wish I could battle you under better circumstances because I'm better than that, but well deserved wins.

weepy said:
SixStringPsycho (Ike) vs. Weepy (Kirby) 3-2
SixStringPsycho (Fox) vs. Weepy (Diddy) 3-2

Stage: Final Destination

GGs SixStringPsycho though that lag was killing me :lol Man I was cussing like a a sailor. I wish I could battle you under better circumstances because I'm better than that, but well deserved wins.
Yeah I would also like to battle you without any lag.Looks like youre very good with kirby. This lag kills how good you are on this game. You cant fight very well with it. I hope I dont get a lot of lag with Relix though.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Jiggy37 said:
Maybe I'll make a comeback from the losers' bracket. :eek: Though that would take some kind of semi-miracle, since my next match is in Round 7, and I'd have to go through that and a Round 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 before getting to face the winners' bracket winner.
I was wondering why you were saying round 7 then remembered, its Jiggy. You already knew there were a couple forfeits before you can fight again. Your stat tracking ability is awesome. :lol

You could totally make your way through the losers bracket. Go for it.

Jiggy

superbank said:
I was wondering why you were saying round 7 then remembered, its Jiggy. You already knew there were a couple forfeits before you can fight again. Your stat tracking ability is awesome. :lol
No, in this case I actually had to look over Firestorm's crazy foreign language image and decipher it with manual counting. D:

You could totally make your way through the losers bracket. Go for it.
Normally I might potentialy almost kind of halfway agree that there's at least a hypothetical chance for that to happen, but if Dr.Hadji wins just two more matches, I'll be up against him. Same for OliveJuice, if Kinosen is moved while Olive isn't. OliveJuice I know would be an insanely tough battle that could swing either way. Dr.Hadji, however, would just destroy me.

Right now, about all I can do is hope that my opponents lag more than I do, or have a more difficult time adjusting to the lag, so that I can cop some cheap wins. :lol

After reading some pages back and seeing that superangelo64 forfeited to Teasel because of the lag, im real nervous. Im in U.S in NJ, hes in Italy. I have a feeling the lag is gonna almost be unplayable.

Firestorm

Bracket is updated.

Dreavus, Masked Man. Please hold off on your battle for now. I might have to switch your opponent due to OliveJuice and Kinosen's connection issue.

Oh and MGrant wins due to Pillowknight forfeit.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Firestorm said:
Bracket is updated.

Dreavus, Masked Man. Please hold off on your battle for now. I might have to switch your opponent due to OliveJuice and Kinosen's connection issue.
I dunno if you got RoboPlato's PM, but he forfeited his match with Auron_Kale due to a busted Wii.

Firestorm

Ok. Will add that RoboPlato has forfeited to Auron_Kale and dragonlife29 has forfeited to Cyan.
Oh and bigmakstudios should have a win over Mii due to forfeit which I guess I never saved for some reason.
And Akia forfeits to muttyeah416.

Bloodwake

Me and PunjabiPlaya are on for this Thursday afternoon.

Amazing how I can go from still waiting on the second round to being done with the third round early. I can't wait for the fourth round, I'm really excited about playing.

Jiggy

dragonlife29 being out adds just that little bit of extra chance that I could make it at least as far as a prize. But not much, what with Dr.Hadji and OliveJuice lurking nearby, and then a bunch of great people who still haven't even been kicked into the losers' bracket in the first place. D:

slayn

Blizzard said:
Ugh, I played kirby against slayn, and his only compliment was that I was average, and that I had a "weird" style that confused him. I got him down to one stock a few times. :p

However, now I want to play Jiggy even more.
Aww, now I feel mean and elitist. That is not a good way to start the morning =(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
WAIT.

SixStringPsycho, you are my opponent, w00t at fucking last. I live in Puerto Rico so its the same timezone :D

slayn said:
Aww, now I feel mean and elitist. That is not a good way to start the morning =(

So wait let me get this straight. JCX beats Kak. Kak and I are even. I beat JCX. I am even with you and Nabil. Jiggy beats Nabil and Kidd....

WTF?

JCX

Relix said:
So wait let me get this straight. JCX beats Kak. Kak and I are even. I beat JCX. I am even with you and Nabil. Jiggy beats Nabil and Kidd....

WTF?

Scissors beats paper, paper beats rock, rock beats scissors

Thats my guess

slayn

Blizzard said:
Psychological warfare, man. >.> I've got to get you feeling bad before your next match...
You guys don't have to worry. Nabster will block me from getting to the finals.

JSnake said:
Do I have an opponent yet? I'm sorry, Firestorm, but I just can't understand your chart.
it looks like you face the loser of cyan vs dragonlife. And it sounded like someone said dragonlife forfeited?

edit:
it seems dragonlife is missing. In which case I think you just win your next match by default, hooray. And then your next opponent is jibblypop assuming dragonlife never comes back.

Top Bottom