• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Teasel said:
well i have been defeated... nobody will continue olimar legacy anymore... and to a ness! truly a sad day for the gaming community :(
err... anyway i lost 2-0 first match was on smashville and second match was on final destination

Mr. Cheez will. Sadly... I can beat him. *cue evil laugh* Bring your Pikmin Cheez, I will show you the Green Magic Power of the uber-tier character of Brawl.... Luigi. BWAHAHAHAHA

Vlad

Zeed said:
Looks like I must next aim to collect Vlad's head.

Bah, stay away!

I've got to start practicing. I never thought I was all that good at the game, but my match against BlueSummers showed me just how low I really am :(

GG's Teasel, the lag wasent as bad as I thought it would be. I havent lost a match yet this tournament. One more win and I face the all mighty Relix. :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
BlueSummers said:
GG's Teasel, the lag wasent as bad as I thought it would be. I havent lost a match yet this tournament. One more win and I face the all mighty Relix. :D

Remember to post which levels and what characters :D. Helps Jiggy with the stats and when the tourney is done it's nice to look how everything played out.

And yeah... you gotta beat Kwokuen, so get to it as fast as you guys can, I am ready for a Round 6 opponent, and I heard you were good so.... :D .

By the way Firestorm, R6 level decided yet?

Vanish

ok so i face crushed but isnt he banned? how can i contact him? it wont let me connect to the irc channel either...

Firestorm

Vanish said:
ok so i face crushed but isnt he banned? how can i contact him? it wont let me connect to the irc channel either...

If he's not unbanned by the end of tonight you'll win. He's never on IRC. The link on the first post should work.

Zeed

Banned
Out of curiosity, I've made a list of people who lost their first match and are still in the running:

Zeed
yeb
jibblypop
Phantom Flap
Kinosen
Dr. Hadji
Dreavus
justchris
Iam Canadian
Vanish
Keru Shiri
Firestorm
scottnak
infiniteloop

If I'm missing anyone, let me know. As things stand I count only 14 12 of us original losers left standing.

Bloodwake

Zeed said:
Out of curiosity, I've made a list of people who lost their first match and are still in the running:

Zeed
yeb
jibblypop
Phantom Flap
Kinosen
Dr. Hadji
Dreavus
justchris
Iam Canadian
Vanish
Keru Shiri
Firestorm
scottnak
infiniteloop

If I'm missing anyone, let me know. As things stand I count only 14 of us original losers left standing.

"Cinderella" watch

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Zeed said:
Looks like I must next aim to collect Vlad's head.

Aw, you totally missed an opportunity to make a "Vlad the Impaler" joke.

Edit: Good games, Teknoman!

Round 3: Iam Canadian vs. Teknoman
Match 1: Iam Canadian (Lucas) over Teknoman (Lucario) on Castle Siege
Match 2: Iam Canadian (Lucas) over Teknoman (King Dedede) on Castle Siege

Incidentally, I two-stocked him in the first match and three-stocked in the second. Still, you put up a good fight, Teknoman. :)

Teknoman

Arrgh destroyed :lol

Results:
Match 1:
Tek (Lucario) IamCanadian (Lucas) @ Castle Siege
IamCanadian wins

Match 2:
Tek (King Dedede) IamCanadian (Lucas) @ Castle Siege
IamCanadian wins

lol I really need to practice more...

I'll make a come back in the next tournament!

EDIT: Yeah I could've done alot better with King Dedede. Watching the replay I started out strong, but started to really mess up near the end.

EDIT 2: I'll put up the replay some time today, but for now, gotta get back to studying.

Cinderella watch, eh? I hope I get to be da belle of da ball.

So when do I find out who my next opponent is? I'm going out of town on Sunday for a week, and I'd like to get far enough ahead in the bracket (or get eliminated!) that being gone for a while won't cause any problems.

Firestorm

Updated bracket going up.

Phantom Flapjack, you'll get an opponent tonight as long as Nintendo fixes their "friends list does not appear" error that's affecting a bunch of people.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Wait.... am I in the Top 4? =O. I didn't know I had achieved that. Shit I am happy. But I want #1.... bwahahhaa.

EDIT: Oh wait I am not counting the loser's bracket. I am in the Winners Top 4 though... safe to say I am in GAF's Top 10. w00t.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Relix said:
Mr. Cheez will. Sadly... I can beat him. *cue evil laugh* Bring your Pikmin Cheez, I will show you the Green Magic Power of the uber-tier character of Brawl.... Luigi. BWAHAHAHAHA

We shall see, Relix, we shall see! No plumber is any match for my demon Pikmin of the night!

Firestorm

SuperAndroid17 said:
So my next opponent on the Loser's bracket is

teasel

I think ! he is.... can someone confirm this? if so, I will let him know.

No. You have no opponent for the next 3 rounds. People are only added to the loser's bracket every other round.

Relix, do not move to Round 4 is over.

My opponent (jibblypop) and I have been PM'ing each other frequently in order to decide on a good time for our match. Still no luck. But I'm still hoping.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Zeed said:

Zeed
yeb
jibblypop
Phantom Flap
Kinosen
Dr. Hadji
Dreavus
justchris
Iam Canadian
Vanish
Keru Shiri
Firestorm
scottnak
infiniteloop

If I'm missing anyone, let me know. As things stand I count only 14 of us original losers left standing.
infiniteloop is out, I beat him in our match last night.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Firestorm said:
No. You have no opponent for the next 3 rounds. People are only added to the loser's bracket every other round.

Relix, do not move to Round 4 is over.

? From what I understand that was supposed to mean: Relix, don't play for now. And also guys, Round 4 is officially over. RIGHT?

scottnak

Relix said:
? From what I understand that was supposed to mean: Relix, don't play for now. And also guys, Round 4 is officially over. RIGHT?
Still got til Wednesday... need to finish my game with SuperAngelo.
Fired off an IM today. Hopefully he gets it and we can do it tonight, but we'll see....

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
scottnak said:
Still got til Wednesday... need to finish my game with SuperAngelo.
Fired off an IM today. Hopefully he gets it and we can do it tonight, but we'll see....
Since we're in the same part of the bracket, to verify: The winner of your match plays Arol in Round 5 (first stage Delfino), and the winner of that match plays the winner of my match with Bloodwake in Round 6 (dunno what the first stage for that one is). And then the winner there moves on to face teasel in Round 7 (dunno what the stage is for that one either).

scottnak

XiaNaphryz said:
Since we're in the same part of the bracket, to verify: The winner of your match plays Arol in Round 5 (first stage Delfino), and the winner of that match plays the winner of my match with Bloodwake in Round 6 (dunno what the first stage for that one is). And then the winner there moves on to face teasel in Round 7 (dunno what the stage is for that one either).
Yep... Sounds right to me...

Firestorm

XiaNaphryz said:

Yes.

Relix said:

Should've been "Relix, do not move on to Round 6 until Round 4 is over" >_>

Nabster92

Round 4 results:

Match 1: Nabster92 (Falcon) over PunjabiPlaya(Ike) on Smashville
Match 2: Nabster92 (Ike) over PunjabiPlaya (Ike) on Delfino plaza

yeb

Round 4, loser's bracket:
yeb (Snake, Snake) over rhfb (ROB, Olimar) 2-0; Onett

GGs rhfb. I only seem to face Olimars in tournaments, where I somehow face him regularly. >_>

Dreavus

Results have already been updated prior to this in the IRC, but for your stats Jiggy:

Round 3, loser's bracket

Match 1 - Dreavus (Meta Knight) versus Kinosen (Diddy) on Castle Siege - Winner: Kinosen
Match 2 - Dreavus (Meta Knight) versus Kinosen (Diddy) on Halberd - Winner: Dreavus
Match 3 - Dreavus (Meta Knight) versus Kinosen (Diddy) on Final Destination - Winner: Dreavus

Once again, great games Kinosen!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Blizzard said:
Okay, I'll play one lagtest match, then smashville (I think that's right).

*edit* You're still awaiting registration...
Yeah, hold on please. Sorry, I'm switching to a different TV so I can connect my Wii to the router via wired LAN connection.

EDIT: OK I see you online now.

yeb

Round 5, losers bracket, yeb vs. Halycon:

Stage 1: Delfino Plaza, Halycon (Lucario) over yeb (Snake)
Stage 2: Bridge of Eldin, yeb (Snake) over Halycon (Pit)
Stage 3: Yoshi's Island, yeb (Snake) over Halycon (Ike)
Winner: yeb

Closest matches of the tourney so far. I'm lucky he likes variety more than I do. >_>

*EDITED

But so much for a stealth edit :(

Jiggy, you and your timing...they depress me :( I would have loved to battle you, but I was waiting for jibblypop. Maybe next time, I hope.

Cyan said:
Goddamn, you were right jiggy! I just played dragonlife as a sort of makeup match, and he kicked my ass about 50 times in a row. :lol

Haha, sorry dragonlife. That was me! Nintendo's little message system doesn't have enough room to say "tourney makeup match."

Um... sorry to mislead you like that. I thought you'd seen my message in the other thread. Now I feel like a jerk. Doh!
OMFG! :lol

So I left my REAL opponent waiting!? Oh, man...not good D: I thought it was strange he would give me another FC (I only found that out after finishing our matches). And the matches...they played out like we agreed :eek: Smashville first, and if he lost, Wario Ware Inc...the coincidences are just creepy! :lol

Damn...and I even sent him a PM to tell him good games. He's gonna be like, "WTF?" D:

Still, cyan, I have to give you props. You were a great opponent :D I really liked battling you, haha.

Top Bottom