• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 177-182

I want to say that these chapters were foreshadowing Ippo's defeat, but I really can't be sure.

Also, because Morikawa draws the funniest faces
Az0OrPj.jpg

Caterpillar 1

Huh, turns out that woman who appeared in the latest chapter of Arachnid has her own series revolving around her life in the Organisation. It's been on hiatus for a while following the initial artist's death (different guy to the Arachnid one) but recently resumed with a new artist. First chapter was enjoyably brutal, and I'd welcome any further insight into the players / workings of the grand bug collection. Will follow
when there's more than 1 chapter released.

scy

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 39 - Well, I guess that's The End.

...oh, wait, looks like now it's despair time for the Gods. ;___;

Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu 20 - See, this was a good time to end things. Have the kiss end up taking her life and reviving him and find a way to end it all here. Looks like we'll get a final arc before she goes and poofs or something with that shrine happens. Bah.

Charade

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 6

Things are definitely heating up. Transfer students = cannibals confirmed? I'm also curious as to why they only highlighted that the math teacher summoned two transfer students when there were obviously three in the room. Somehow didn't see him, or is that his power?

Furyous

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 39

Are these the final chapters? Yoshi don't let me down.
THIS BETTER NOT END WITHOUT THE TOUKA x UKA ENDING. It's right there
. I got screwed over earlier with that Yankee ending and don't want it to happen again.

This chapter lacked foxes. WTF is going on? This chapter was such BS. Why does Uka say "we" so much?

scy

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 6 - RIP Eye Scream guy. Guess the eye rolling away didn't matter (yet). Wonder if there's something to Saki to make her extra special as the reward here.

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 6

Things are definitely heating up. Transfer students = cannibals confirmed? I'm also curious as to why they only highlighted that the math teacher summoned two transfer students when there were obviously three in the room. Somehow didn't see him, or is that his power?

He wasn't seen at the time the dude drew the room. Pretty sure there was a note saying that.

Quasar

Am I the only one who thinks she is grooming him with all of these girls, to end up turning him into a modern Genji for her own use? She's the final boss, you heard it here first.

Thats been my feeling all along. But that could just because anime and manga have damaged my soul.

Charade

He wasn't seen at the time the dude drew the room. Pretty sure there was a note saying that.

Ahhh now I see. So much for my reading comprehension skills...

Yeah, Saki being the reward feels like more than just being convenient for motivating Otome

Quasar

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 39

Are these the final chapters? Yoshi don't let me down.
THIS BETTER NOT END WITHOUT THE TOUKA x UKA ENDING. It's right there
. I got screwed over earlier with that Yankee ending and don't want it to happen again.

This chapter lacked foxes. WTF is going on? This chapter was such BS. Why does Uka say "we" so much?

Thats just the royal we.

Archenemy and Hero "Become Mine, Hero." "I refuse!" 01

This is already superior than the anime in every which way.

Looking forward to all the ECONOMICS and moe demon queen.

scy

Cross x Regalia 6 - Backstory about the main guy and why he charges 1000 yen to do tasks. And then the chapter ended.

...?! That's it?!

Schoolgirl Landlord Honoka 08

You gotta feel sorry for Honoka here. Harassed by other girls, wind, cats, dogs, bugs and fans.

Billion Dogs 16

He jumped.

Spoof on Titan 16

Living together -> Married.

The Knight in the Area 06

That running was pretty great to see.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 16

And suddenly they are friends.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 16

Monster smells you by your blood so of course you have a nosebleed right then.

ARAIDOKI 16

The many insecurities of a kappa.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 17

He stole my bike and my heart, doki doki

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 16

First kiss with a crossdresser.

In a Heartbeat 15

Your standard BL-love drama.

Logick 13

Character development! Character development!

Bushido Academy

Even with the Sengoku references, it's really your average battle harem junk. Meh.

Old Man Frog 03

And now a fly guy and his fly daughter.

Milk on the Farm 05

A chapter talking about penises.

Student Council ~ Total Takeover! 04

Too moe, moe.

Out of curiosity, would Light Novels be acceptable to talk about here?

I mean I guess they do have illustrations but there isn't really a thread dedicated to just talking about them.

I guess now that I'm getting into reading them, I'm just wondering... :x

I mean I guess they do have illustrations but there isn't really a thread dedicated to just talking about them.

Why wouldnt they? Looking back in the threads, SAO, Mahouka, Oregairu, and a few more LNs have had posts in these manga threads. (mokushiroku arisu on the last page even).

I'd say LN's are fair game, maybe in the future if LN's grow to become incredibly popular they'll need their own thread but that isn't anytime soon

Dreaming Love 1
tumblr_n2x3ljjKRj1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Initially started as the typical business coworkers in love type ordeal but ended up going in a route to kind of make one get really caught up in the emotions because of his past time of being oppressed for liking other guys and being turned down constantly. Sadly the straight people turning him down in such terrible ways was awful with one even being penned as the enemy to gays. Truly could see how it would cause him to be afraid to ever confess to anyone in the future.

But series did turn a bit happier once the romance route started at the coworkers and now its a pretty fun time. Cant wait to see how it turns out and how far they ever go.

scy

If nothing else, may get more people reading some Light Novels.

...I still need to read the ones I have beside me. I put them there so I'd do it but I keep putting it off. I suck at this.

Nakanai Hotaru 1

I think HertZ typically has some fairly interesting stories and covers. This one seems like it will be another one of the more emotional BL's simply for the potentially sad story that may be lurking under the surface in regards to the parents moving and comments about prying into the past. But focusing on the happier times of friends reuniting made for a calming introduction.

King's Game: Origin 10

Are they trying to end this series fast, so many deaths over something so simple hitting close to home for lots of the villagers. 12 remaining doesnt make me think it will last to the 30's.

Well fine, unless otherwise noted:

Danganronpa Zero Vol.01

bd48RHwl.jpg

My first light novel read and it was pretty interesting. Gave a good view into how Hope Peak's Academy originally was before the start of the games and the two main characters are pretty interesting. Otonashi is pretty spunky and a fun main character while Matsuda isn't bad either.

I feel like if I saw anymore, it'll be nothing but despair inducing spoilers. :p

Log Horizon 01

I think the interesting thing was that the players who got trapped didn't end up sitting brain dead in front of their computers but instead actually vanished or something. I thought that was pretty cool.

But, the pacing is pretty bad. Skipping a bunch of stuff that sets things up with the characters and instead just throwing them out to rescue the maid.

nah brah. pacing's great. just not where you'd think it'd be.

Well I guess saying the pacing is bad is wrong. Just I didn't expect them to skip a bunch of stuff at the start. Though they could always revisit it to make the first chapter more exciting fighting ratmen.

Jintor

it's been a while since I saw the beginning, but I reckon they wanted to dive right into the action because otherwise... well LH kind of has a dearth of action so they want to hook you right up

oh wait... wrong thread lol. Yeah I heard the manga pacing is off

it's been a while since I saw the beginning, but I reckon they wanted to dive right into the action because otherwise... well LH kind of has a dearth of action so they want to hook you right up

oh wait... wrong thread lol. Yeah I heard the manga pacing is off

I was gonna say, I was basing all of this off the anime so, lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Super Danganronpa 2 00-01

And so despair starts up again. And I'll refrain from saying anymore besides this is going to be a fun adaptation cause you know spoilers and everything.

Mortemis

Banned
Magi 219

Man, I'm not 100% sure what happened in this chapter, but I'm loving where this is going. The more Solomon the better.

Medaka Box 1-9

Wanted to try something new and so I picked this up. So far so good.

upandaway

Medaka Box 1-9

Wanted to try something new and so I picked this up. So far so good.
Medaka Box! I still miss it so bad. Really hoping Nisio does another manga though I don't know how likely that is.

Magi

Gravity magic is really cool. Looks like the main hinge will be the toll on their bodies and how long they'll last. Although we know that they'll win and survive so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom