• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I love and hate Yumekui Merry. I love it because it's awesome, but I hate it because every month I forget where the plot is and have to reread a couple chapters to remember what's going on.

Of the manga series that you people follow that have chapters released on a regular schedule, what proportion are weekly vs. monthly?

Hajime no Ippo 177-182

I want to say that these chapters were foreshadowing Ippo's defeat, but I really can't be sure.

Also, because Morikawa draws the funniest faces

I think it's an homage to Kazuo Umezu's manga.

drifting9b.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Rereading the early parts of skip beat, and goddamn I forgot just how goddamn creepy kyouko actually is at the beginning.

wonzo

Banned
Golondrina 18

lmfao right here. dude got fukn wrekt

Blade Play 46

Every time I read this now I can't help but remember the first chapter of Super Cruel and Terrible Tales of Mangaka. Their ideals were too good for this world. ;_;

supercruelterribletalesmangaka1.png

Immortal Hounds 7

Damn, shit's gettin real. Well, apart from that angsty bit which was just dumb as hell.

Teppu 25

Why does almost every major character in this have to be so fucked in the head? :(

God. They ruined the art to hell in the anime.

yeah, it seems the art was based off the LN art or something which is apparently quite different to the manga.

4 or 5 chapters into the manga now and I'm loving it. Art is gorgeous, the story is quite different to what I usually read but it's really intriguing.

Also the demon queen is ridiculously adorable like holy shit. Personality and looks wise.

dramatis

God. They ruined the art to hell in the anime.
The manga and anime are all interpretations of the light novel, so it's hard to say "they ruined the art in the anime" when it just used a different approach. There's another Maoyuu manga with a more realistic style too, so in the end they're all somewhat interpretations.

The manga and anime are all interpretations of the light novel, so it's hard to say "they ruined the art in the anime" when it just used a different approach. There's another Maoyuu manga with a more realistic style too, so in the end they're all somewhat interpretations.

Oh so thats what the second Maoyuu looking manga on comicwalker is?

Quasar

Yeah. I liked the anime myself. At least for what it was. Shame they were given only 12 episodes to do something with it with no chance of continuing. Its really not the kind of show/story that makes that deal useful at all. As it was it felt like it took the 7-8 episodes to find their footing.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 6

I hope Hero finishes his business and finds the sorceress soon enough.

Want more Hero + Demon Queen story. Don't want anymore people proposing to her.

This is really good though.

Yen Press picked up Yoshiki Tonogai’s creepy new survival horror series complete with scary rabbits, Secret!, and will be doing a simultaneous launch for it.

Hold onto your Soul hats and bunny heads, ‘cos we’re launching a simultaneous serialization program with Square Enix, starting off with our old friend Soul Eater NOT! and Yoshiki Tonogai’s creepy new survival horror series complete with scary rabbits, Secret! So on April 8, you’ll be able to individually purchase all the chapters that haven’t yet been collected and published in volume format for both of these series. And on April 14, you’ll be able to buy the latest chapter of each series in English on whatever device you choose from anywhere in the world (with an internet connection, of course)!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
QQ Sweeper 1
Well, this wasn't what I was expecting. Exceedingly poor, homeless school girl with a dream to marry a wealthy guy meets unsociable, cold guy who cleans like a champ. I have no idea where they're going with the supernatural elements, but it's got my interest peaked.

Jintor

Well, this wasn't what I was expecting. Exceedingly poor, homeless school girl with a dream to marry a wealthy guy meets unsociable, cold guy who cleans like a champ. I have no idea where they're going with the supernatural elements, but it's got my interest peaked.

god I love manga

Pekoyama, though most of my affinity is for spoilers.

Ok, I won't judge you that much.

Of the manga series that you people follow that have chapters released on a regular schedule, what proportion are weekly vs. monthly?

I think more monthly than weekly.

Gosh, Tonogai needs to stop with his shitty survival mangas.

They should stop including rabbits as the creepy part cause that's overdone. Maybe a bipolar bear would be better and not written by Tonogai. And as a Vita game.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Pekoyama, though most of my affinity is for spoilers.
She's pretty awesome! She's one of my favorites too.

god I love manga
Haha are you saying that based on the premise alone or did you actually read it yet

Nekomori
Super adorable. A handsome guy who has the ability to see into people's hearts (i.e., effectively knowing the true intentions behind someone's words), and has therefore developed trust issues and closed his own heart off, meets a tomboy who wears her heart on her sleeve. Whoever was looking for a tomboy in love manga earlier might like this, too bad it's only a oneshot.

In the 229 I follow, its heavily skewed towards monthly and bimonthly series or just series on volume release schedule.

Only weeklies I follow are really just the jump manga, and the one that uqholder and fairytail is in and four in mangabox.

Jintor

Haha are you saying that based on the premise alone or did you actually read it yet

i was just thinking about manga has this weird economic situation where comics about all kinds of crazy bullshit can get through and have a chance to inexplicably become popular

it's probably not in reality any more or less formulaic than other mediums, but it can certainly seem that way sometimes

Konya mo Nemurenai 17

Intense chapter definitely worth the wait. Hiriki rising to action to rescue the man he loves was amazing and fun. Endou back to his old self and then taking initiative with the rescue kiss even. Reread it multiple times for how good of a chapter it is.

May needs to hurry!

upandaway

QQ Sweeper 1

Is this real life? I actually recognized a shojo artist. I mean I wasn't really confident but I distinctly had the thought of "man that kinda looks like Dengeki Daisy"

I don't think you mentioning a cleaner tipped me off either because I completely forgot that part of Dengeki Daisy prior to checking MU. Man, now I'm feeling pretty good. Hehehe. I recognized a shojo artist. Whew! That's crazy! Whoa!!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
ooooh I have that in my recommendations folder. Maybe I'll have a look at that soon.
You haven't yet??? get to it!

Is this real life? I actually recognized a shojo artist. I mean I wasn't really confident but I distinctly had the thought of "man that kinda looks like Dengeki Daisy"

I don't think you mentioning a cleaner tipped me off either because I completely forgot that part of Dengeki Daisy prior to checking MU. Man, now I'm feeling pretty good. Hehehe. I recognized a shojo artist. Whew! That's crazy! Whoa!!
Whoa, seriously? I didn't recognize them. :O Then again I never read Dengeki Daisy. I'm super impressed tho because I don't recognize shojo artists at all even if I've been reading them more often than not lately

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 21
This poor editor has been with Miyako's editor since high school, holy shit

Defuser

Magi
Solomon is too stronk. And now Ohtaka is adding Solomon's father in the mix? She really is gonna make and squeeze this prequel arc to its good use.

scy

Raccoons where 20 - Reading these chapters out of sequence is somehow actually hurting my sense of "time" in the story. I mean, that makes sense but I kind of expected a little less of that since it's a 4-koma.

Love Lab - The story of "The Wild Prince" helping "The Princess of Fuji" in her quest for learning love.

Co-starring Dakky
sznwtFh.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

I'm VERY surprised that the famous idol has the hots for MC.

scy

Sounds fresh.

I Was Human 7 - ...wow. That's about as bittersweet and open-ended of an ending as one could expect. There's traces that the guy remembers the week as a hamster but he really did forget her it seems ;__; Please, no, you can't end it here. There's an extra chapter from the guy's perspective so hopefully it at least gives something else for the happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom