• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
the combination of Toriko and One Piece are keeping my patience with HXH for now

just for now..... I hope someone does die in one of the two series soon though
especially in OP

Best Ending 4
tumblr_n2yvxiQi1j1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good end to the story. The separation event to see how their feelings are and then Ryuu saying those "girly" things made me smile. Really one of the best stories centered around senseis at a pool.

Dresden

The great Douman Seiman reduced to working NIS kusoge adaptations. rip everything

he's pulpy enough that working on adaptations legitimizes him more than anything else, imo. just needs to do some SAO doujins and the circle will be complete.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait so I read Toriko anime is going for a conclusive filler ending? WTF is this true?

*looks through Wiki* Huh... apparently it is. 147 episodes.
*reads through synopsises* Wow, it's going in a different direction than the manga.

*looks through Wiki* Huh... apparently it is. 147 episodes.
*reads through synopsises* Wow, it's going in a different direction than the manga.

Crazy it's not like they were that close to the manga are ratings that bad?

Yup

Already is in the random filler battle where Toriko somehow masters his gourmet cells

Lol

DBZ Kai Buu Saga is taking its place

Wut, and I guess that makes sense, though I'm not sure why they didn't just pull a Bleach "see you later" kind of deal and leave the ending open for a continuation

Ootagawa Junjou Lovers 04

I'm actually kinda sad this is over. I mean, sure we get the happy ending between the couple and it was a nice journey for them to get together, but I wanted this to be longer.

Still spunky, adorable and pretty romantic to read.

Garden of Words - END

After reading the 5cmps manga that was 2 volumes a year ago, I was expecting that the manga would shed more light into the characters and add more depth. Although this manga did add a few scenes like we get to dive into what Yukino is thinking before chasing Akizuki(I think that's his name) near the end, it stayed very close to the movie and thus was kinda disappointed but I still enjoyed it. Even though it was 1 volume, I guess I shouldn't have expected much but the manga of voices of a distant added a lot more and it was only 1 volume. Still, worth the $8.

Noragami 0-30
So this is my first Manga in a looong time. Though after the show ended, I felt like I just had to make an exception to my "never read the manga so I dont spoil the eventual show". rule (..which is stupid, I admit). Anyhow, I picked up the manga and read it. its different from the show, but in a really good way.

I love the characters of Noragami and I genuinely want to see how their adventures continue, which was a big reason why I decided to break my rule. Hiyori is probably one of my favorite Human Female protagonists in entire Anime/Manga medium and Yato is just loveable in general with the lengths he goes to protect those he cares about. When (Chapter 28ish spoiler)
Hiyori gave Yato a Shrine
, It was an extremely happy moment that made me smile heavily. The series just feels real in general.

While I still hope that a second season gets green lit and aired, I think I'm perfectly happy sticking to the Manga for the series if it never happens. :)

Chapter 30 Spoilers
Its starting to get really sad that Hiyori is losing her memories in the Manga. It was sad when it happened in the show, but I always had the thought in the back of my mind that everything would be alright in the end. Now its just outright depressing considering that not only is she losing her memories, but Fujisaki stole her first kiss right in the middle of when she was trying to remember Yato. I really have a bad feeling about that guy, but I can't place my tongue on it. Something just feels off.

wonzo

Banned
Prison School 104

I am so mad at Keito right now. What a fucking horrendous person she is.

Tonari no Seki-kun 48

Easily the lamest Seki stunt yet. I'm disappointed. :(

Yozakura Quartet 75

I could only make it a few pages into this Yasuda fanwank garbage chapter before I physically couldn't read any more of it. To hell with this garbage series.

Quasar

Noragami 0-30
So this is my first Manga in a looong time. Though after the show ended, I felt like I just had to make an exception to my "never read the manga so I dont spoil the eventual show". rule (..which is stupid, I admit). Anyhow, I picked up the manga and read it. its different from the show, but in a really good way.

Is there a good jumping on point for anime fans to follow on (well discounting the wrap up arc at the end they made up)?

Is there a good jumping on point for anime fans to follow on (well discounting the wrap up arc at the end they made up)?

Well, To be honest, Yesterday when I picked it up, I was thinking the exact same thing as that. Having read everything up till the latest translations, I really think that everyone should read from the beginning. In the Anime they did some of the arcs out of order, but the first couple chapters (Chapter 2-10ish) are just similar to the show.

But I do encourage people to read them all though, because its only a small amount of chapters, and even in the parts where I knew what was going to happen because I watched the show first; There were some jokes and things that characters said that really made regoing though the couple chapters which were the same plot, worthwhile. I also feel like Yukine was depicted as more despicable in the Manga before his purification ritual than in the Anime, which honestly made him feel more relateable after the fact.

Though if someone was going to jump in and wanted to read where the Anime left off. I would suggest reading Chapter 1 as that wasn't covered in the show, then skipping to Chapter 10. Though, I really don't suggest skipping because I feel like there is some important character development that goes on, that the Anime only scratched the surface of during the last few episodes, which the Manga has been doing from the very beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom