• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Gigantomakhia 7
gigantomakhia7.png

ohhh.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gigantomakhia 7

Wait, I thought he's not going to continue beyond 6?

Also I actually really like the world, but I really don't need read more urophilia stuff than necessary.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Komomo Confiserie 7-9

Oh hey, this is back? Gotta say this series is great if you like to read cute, fluffy shoujos filled with sick, twisted people.

Has anyone read Yamada and the Seven Witches, is it good because from what I heard its a really great manga.

Yes quite a few read it, most opinions was why does it continue after giving a great ending point around the 80th or so chapters. Also watch the live action drama.

Anyway new chapter tonight on crunchyroll. It isnt in the banner in the first post of this thread for nothing.
FsA.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Last Game 25
Are you serious, he didn't know he was in an unrequited love for 10 years?? wow, that must have been a shock. It's hilarious that everyone thought they acted like a married couple

Kyuur

Is there a good jumping on point for anime fans to follow on (well discounting the wrap up arc at the end they made up)?

I started on chapter 11, which basically starts right after the Yukine arc.

Wait so I read Toriko anime is going for a conclusive filler ending? WTF is this true?

Yes, and it's horrible. I've been watching it with my friend who doesn't really read manga all that much. Starjun and Toriko basically became friends during their fight, the four heavenly kings are outperforming Jirou and Setsuno, among other stupid filler shit. They should have just went to the start of the Gourmet World arc and left it so they could continue it later if need be...

Lain

Sayonara Football 1-8[END]

Short and a little weird, but not bad. Nozomi's antics were fun to watch and most of the second volume was dedicated to the football match.
Probably I would have liked to see this story developed more toward watching Nozomi become a pro female player, but even as it is it wasn't a waste of time.

Charade

Wait, I thought he's not going to continue beyond 6?

I think this was the "bonus dialogue chapter" they teased at the end of 6.

Gigantomakhia 7

Welp. At least Miura seems somewhat self-aware of his fetish(es)

Prison School 104

Above ground prez's just deserts incoming.

upandaway

Yes, and it's horrible. I've been watching it with my friend who doesn't really read manga all that much. Starjun and Toriko basically became friends during their fight, the four heavenly kings are outperforming Jirou and Setsuno, among other stupid filler shit. They should have just went to the start of the Gourmet World arc and left it so they could continue it later if need be...
I guess this means they've fully given up on Toriko at this point. They probably think having a "real" finale would squeeze the last few ratings they could get out of the franchise then let it go.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

The fuck am I reading?

Wow, Toei dropped the ball hard on this. Sounds like GT.

I guess this means they've fully given up on Toriko at this point. They probably think having a "real" finale would squeeze the last few ratings they could get out of the franchise then let it go.

The fuck am I reading?

Wow, Toei dropped the ball hard on this. Sounds like GT.

I've never seen Toriko ever getting near the top 3 status. Surprised that there was so much push behind it.

Now Soma on the other hand....

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've never seen Toriko ever getting near the top 3 status. Surprised that there was so much push behind it.

Now Soma on the other hand....

I think the big push for Toriko was due to Shimabukuro's last manga being fairly popular when it was serialized (started at the same time as One Piece), but was cancelled when he picked up a 16 year old prostitute.

So that, plus the action premise gave Shueisha hope that it would be do at least Naruto levels. It did not...

Oh and Oda & Shima are friends so he probably got a little help from Jump's golden boy.

scy

Last Game 25 - There was an update and oh my god it was adorable and I can't contain myself I'm giggling.

If it's any consolation, it'll take 10 more years before anything happens at the rate we're going.

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 18 -

oVB6UOm.png

They are the best couple.

Last Game 25 - There was an update and oh my god it was adorable and I can't contain myself I'm giggling.

If it's any consolation, it'll take 10 more years before anything happens at the rate we're going.

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 18 -

oVB6UOm.png

They are the best couple.

welp guess i gotta read both of these

fuck

So i assume the yamada live action is good?

I thought it had a good cast of the more attractive actors chosen for the roles, many of the moments from the series were brought to life well on screen and with the music too, and then the original ending chosen was actually a pretty fun and believable affair. I think its worth looking into, freshest live action show in years.

Nordicus

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 18

Well, now we can take "swimming pool episode" off the list. Has your usual girls in swimsuits, clumsy girl learning how to swim, classmate getting arrested for sexual harassmen- ... u wot mate?

Anyway, secret night meeting at school next chapter!

Charade

Yuri Kuma Arashi 1

A manga adaptation of Ikuhara Kunihiko's upcoming anime by none other than Morishima Akiko. Don't think I could properly explain the plot well enough besides it having bears and yuri. Yeah. Quirky, but I liked it.

upandaway

Witch Craft Works ch.. 27? (anime's ending)

So basically.. he's so broken by himself, that he doesn't even need the broken power that was sealed in him? And this brokenness is why the other broken power is sealed in him in the first place?

I'm, wait, time out. Give me a few minutes to process this. I'm feeling lightheaded.

scy

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 18 - Thank you based swimsuit chapter. Moral of this chapter is that the main guy has really fallen in love and not just crushing on the girl. Some d'awww to be had.

Oh and a secret date scheduled which will totally turn out to be nothing major / people will interfere.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't want to be like a hater, guys, but what the hell are you dudes reading in the last few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom