• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I don't get that either. Every shojo I've attempted to read (based on MangaGAF recommendations) has been bad, formulaic crap.

Some of us have shitty taste and like the formulaic stuff.

And, honestly, "formulaic crap" applies rather broadly to basically everything in this thread.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
1st time posting

Yandere Kanojo1-56
About a normal student who fall in love with a Yankee girl (Yankee dere). A 4 koma comedy with bit of drama mix in. One of the chapter about F2P and 'open zipper' crack me up.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get that either. Every shojo I've attempted to read (based on MangaGAF recommendations) has been bad, formulaic crap.
To be fair, 99% of it is shit. Which ones have you read?

1st time posting

Yandere Kanojo1-56
About a normal student who fall in love with a Yankee girl (Yankee dere). A 4 koma comedy with bit of drama mix in. One of the chapter about F2P and 'open zipper' crack me up.
Yandere Kanojo is awesome. The zipper chapter is one of my favorites too, along with the ones about her dad.

Also quick, name your favorite manga!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Some of us have shitty taste and like the formulaic stuff.

And, honestly, "formulaic crap" applies rather broadly to basically everything in this thread.

Not necessarily. Tropes are not bad; anything with Perfect Shojo Male™ is bad.

Sai

Baby, Kokoro no Mama ni!

Peeked ahead at the raw scans—I like this. Imma make a rotation of Kokoro avatars later

scy

Not necessarily. Tropes are not bad; anything with Perfect Shojo Male™ is bad.

Seems more like a case of disliking the tropes they use as opposed to disliking them due to using tropes in general. That's all.

Edit: Which, on re-reading, is probably what you meant anyway.

Ootagawa Junjou Lovers 1-4 - Guess their story is just these 4 chapters. If you switch the roles around, the lead would be a rather creepy guy hounding the girl this hard. Still, wraps up nicely enough.

Mortemis

Banned
UQ Holder 27-28

This arc got off to a pretty boring start, but it turned out alright. Judging from Negima, Ken Akamatsu takes a while to get to the more interesting arcs, so I'm sure in a little while UQ Holder should get pretty good. Well the sad part of this logic is that it'll end abruptly without explaining shit. :(

Akainu

UQ Holder 27-28

This arc got off to a pretty boring start, but it turned out alright. Judging from Negima, Ken Akamatsu takes a while to get to the more interesting arcs, so I'm sure in a little while UQ Holder should get pretty good. Well the sad part of this logic is that it'll end abruptly without explaining shit. :(
I think this is going to be like Akame ga kill where I'm rooting for the bad guys. These immortals are boring.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder

So bad. Everyone in the UQH group is unlikable, lazy-design noodlemen other than Evangeline, and there's way too goddamn many of them.

"UQ Holder No. 1,275, Beard Guy With Cigarette!"
"UQ Holder No. 144, Guy Who Looks Just Like Negi With a Chin Beard."
"UQ Holder No. 330, Guy Who Looks Like Fate But Taller."
"UQ HOlder No. 89, Guy Who Looks Like Touta But Taller and Has a Sword-Cane and Glasses."

Its like he only knows how to draw like 4 different people and changes their height and accessories.

I hate it when I find a new manga that seems interesting, only to have the art completely kill any interest I had in it.

In this case, Toukyou Genji Monogatari.

DcdSbKk.jpg

Immediately had to close out the tab.

I don't need that much horror.

I think this is going to be like Akame ga kill where I'm rooting for the bad guys. These immortals are boring.

How can you take sides though? Just laugh at both of them equally. I stopped taking Akame ga Kill seriously when the author decided to throw in a pedophile clown.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Its like he only knows how to draw like 4 different people and changes their height and accessories.

Myself said:
Definitely not, I can recognize most of them on sight from their faces alone. Characters don't have to have completely different body structures to be distinct from one another. Now take Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina, Negima) and Tony Taka (Shining Tears) for example. They are two artists who use the same face on all their girls. Noizi Ito (Haruhi) is guilty of the same thing to a lesser extent.
We've gone full circle.

Cwarrior

now i wonder what the ratings were like if they are doing this

Ratings where actually really good(within the top 10 highest anime ratings) it probably got cancelled for the same reason DBZ kai got cancelled in the first place despite really really great ratings, it wasn't driving merchandise sales like Call of one piece duty.

I started on chapter 11, which basically starts right after the Yukine arc.
Yes, and it's horrible. I've been watching it with my friend who doesn't really read manga all that much. Starjun and Toriko basically became friends during their fight, the four heavenly kings are outperforming Jirou and Setsuno, among other stupid filler shit. They should have just went to the start of the Gourmet World arc and left it so they could continue it later if need be...

No Manga deserves a terrible fate like a anime original ending None! It's equivalent to the studio strangling the life out the property then shiting on it's corps then burn it along with the house it built for it.

Too bad Toriko was held to a ridiculous standards of being the next one piece, truth is there will never be another one piece.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
To be fair, 99% of it is shit. Which ones have you read?

Yandere Kanojo is awesome. The zipper chapter is one of my favorites too, along with the ones about her dad.

Also quick, name your favorite manga!

my current fav.

Onani Master Kurosawa (why the author decide to use this name instead of "Catcher in the toilet" is beyond me)
Molester Man
One Punch Man
Silver Spoon
Halcyon Lunch (The most bizarre comedy from the author of the Immortal Blade)
Great Teacher Onizuka
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Hyakko
Bakuman
Dragon Ball

Also every manga by Douman Seiman (This guy manga is insanely entertaining)

Yamada 103

Yamada taking a break from the Studen Council so he can deal with Nancy, who seems to be someone from his past. She's also hot. Another for the harem then.

scy

UQ Holder 28 - Expected more girls. Evangeline taking the time to remind us how she normally looks.

Yamada 103 - don't tempt me with previously met girls. Bring back Archer girl if you're going to do that.

UyuLBI3.jpg

UQ Holder! 28

How about a no.

You know just like every other time someone asks that question.

And look, its glasses bro.

One day when he becomes important enough, I'll bother remembering his name.

What's the chance of Yamada and the Seven Witches, getting a anime I mean it got a live action drama.

Hard to say. It could easily end up following what Yankee-kun did, which was get a drama adaptation but never got an anime adaptation.

Maybe the mangaka doesn't want anime adaptation of her work or something.

Ratings where actually really good(within the top 10 highest anime ratings) it probably got cancelled for the same reason DBZ kai got cancelled in the first place despite really really great ratings, it wasn't driving merchandise sales like Call of one piece duty.

No Manga deserves terrible fate like a anime original ending None! It's equivalent to the studio strangling the life out the property then shiting on it's corps then burn it along with the house it built for it.

Too bad Toriko was held to ridiculous standards of being the next one piece, truth is there will never be another one piece.

No one said there would be another dbz but there is OP now

i hope the gekkan shoujo adaptation is good. signs point to yes but who knows really

Well it looks like it's being done by a studio who's been good at doing comedies ( YuruYuru, Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, GJ-bu, Love Lab) so hopefully the raccoon provides the funny.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
i hope the gekkan shoujo adaptation is good. signs point to yes but who knows really
will legit cri if it isn't

Koe no Katachi 31
Well, I can understand the mom's intentions, but seriously, what a clumsy way to go about it. At least she's warming up to Ishida, kind of sort of. I'm surprised Shoko hasn't cried yet.

I don't think the problems in the family are Ishida's fault, like he thinks it is. I think they would've always been present as long as Shoko had that vulnerability for kids to exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom