• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USED Vitas at Cowboom $99 After Coupon

you can grab used vitas anytime at great prices on craigslist. i was literally cruising GAF at work yesterday wondering what killzone on vita was like. i figured i could find a cheap one on craigslist. three minutes later, i found a vita 3g, 8gb mem, and killzone for 100.00. the guy was less than 20 min away. He dashed over, showed me everything, and the sale was nearly painless. The only issue i had was that the vita was still authorized under his account so i couldnt login using my own playstation plus. a quick scan of the internets told me how to fully wipe the system.

the screen hadnt even been scratched because he kept a protector on it. the body had an acceptable amount of wear.

satisfactory transaction. no shipping charge. Vitas are plentiful on CL. pick your price.

satisfactory transaction. no shipping charge. Vitas are plentiful on CL. pick your price.
Not in Seattle, apparently. They seem to be going for $150 and upwards. There are usually no listings for any used memory cards, either, but having said that, I just saw a 32GB card for $50... I wish I needed one that large.

That guys has made the scratches on purpose, right? I mean, it's imposible to have a handheld that damaged in normal conditions. He must have tried really hard to make it look like shit.

I don't know how that's possible. Look at the thumbstick, it's caked full of Dorito crumbs.

Who handles their electronics this poorly? Every disc game I own doesn't have a single scratch on it. All of my electronics that I purchased new are 100% mint.

I'm guessing 5 year olds?

Not in Seattle, apparently. They seem to be going for $150 and upwards. There are usually no listings for any used memory cards, either, but having said that, I just saw a 32GB card for $50... I wish I needed one that large.

i just looked for you. guy right now is selling a vita with ass creed and madden in Washington/ Tacoma CL. 120.00. frankly, that means 100.00 because unless it says FIRM, 9 times out if 10, if you make someone an offer thats not insulting, they'll go for it because its 70% more than ANYTHING a store will ever give them.

you'll find it within 3 days. Easy peasy. trick is using the search string function. go a little over your comfort price and barter down.

good luck.

i just looked for you. guy right now is selling a vita with ass creed and madden in Washington/ Tacoma CL. 120.00. frankly, that means 100.00 because unless it says FIRM, 9 times out if 10, if you make someone an offer thats not insulting, they'll go for it because its 70% more than ANYTHING a store will ever give them.

you'll find it within 3 days. Easy peasy. trick is using the search string function. go a little over your comfort price and barter down. I'm bound by weird restrictions.

good luck.
Ah, yeah, I meant within a distance I could reach easily by bus. Sorry about that.

I mean, I'm happy with the one I got off of Cowboom for $109 (after tax). I probably could have saved another $10, but I don't think I'll return it since it's in good condition. Besides, that one for $120 wasn't there last I looked, and I just happened to jump on it a week ago because of the Cowboom deal.

Followup on getting my Vita I ordered last week: I bought a 5, and while the back side of it is scuffed to shit, like some kid had it at school and slid it around on concrete or in a backpack, the front is almost perfect save for a quarter inch abrasion on the top of the screen that's impossible to see when the Vita is on, and burn in when the screen fades to a certain level of black (which oddly disappears when games are playing because they display a darker shade of black in loading screens.) Not bad for a cut price, but I'm really curious to see what 6s and up are like

nbthedude

Ordered a Grade 7 this morning for $105 after a $5 coupon.

Just got a new PS4 so this will make a nice cheap companion piece.

nbthedude

Shit, I just realized the one I ordered does not come with a power supply.

If I just want to charge it via my PC or the PS4 what do I need? Just a standard USB cable or do I need a special cable?

FiggyCal

Banned
Followup on getting my Vita I ordered last week: I bought a 5, and while the back side of it is scuffed to shit, like some kid had it at school and slid it around on concrete or in a backpack, the front is almost perfect save for a quarter inch abrasion on the top of the screen that's impossible to see when the Vita is on, and burn in when the screen fades to a certain level of black (which oddly disappears when games are playing because they display a darker shade of black in loading screens.) Not bad for a cut price, but I'm really curious to see what 6s and up are like

7's are perfect. I ordered a 6 and I'm hoping I won't have to return it.

fwpx

Shit, I just realized the one I ordered does not come with a power supply.

If I just want to charge it via my PC or the PS4 what do I need? Just a standard USB cable or do I need a special cable?

If its a vita 1000, you'll need the USB to vita cable. I found one on Amazon for pretty cheap.

Einbroch

Banned
Class 5+ are amazing. I bought both my Vita and 3DS from their site, both class 5, both near perfect. My Vita especially was flawless except a very tiny scuff on the back that is only seen under direct light.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Class 5+ are amazing. I bought both my Vita and 3DS from their site, both class 5, both near perfect. My Vita especially was flawless except a very tiny scuff on the back that is only seen under direct light.

so the descriptions aren't accurate? the all caps scare me and they all make these systems sound TERRIBLE. lol

milkham

i bought a class 5 3ds from them last year, no scratches on anything, looked pretty much brand new, but was missing the things they said were missing.

edit: also i don't know how accurate those pictures really are, i saw one that looked like they had psp photos for it.

nZFUPjv.png

Einbroch

Banned
so the descriptions aren't accurate? the all caps scare me and they all make these systems sound TERRIBLE. lol

Look at the pictures. You can gamble on the ones without pictures though. My 3DS had no picture, and it was very good. The only issue was the bottom had one black scratch that was pretty obvious, but other than that, perfect. Both my system's screens are brand new.

Ordered a Grade 7 this morning for $105 after a $5 coupon.

Just got a new PS4 so this will make a nice cheap companion piece.
How long did it take for a Grade 7 to pop up for you? I never know when they update. Tempted to return my (near-perfect) Grade 6, if so.

nbthedude

How long did it take for a Grade 7 to pop up for you? I never know when they update. Tempted to return my (near-perfect) Grade 6, if so.

It popped up immediately. But it was missing the power supply, which is no big deal. I just ordered a cheap Vita USB cable for $4 and I'll charge it from my PC/PS4.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Took the risk and bought a grade 6 or 7(I forgot) 3g model that came with everything minus the 3g sim card for about 104.99 on sunday and just got here today wednesday. Good Lord it's almost like brand new except except a few small scratches on the back but the front screen is perfect and gorgeous. Even came with the original box

UweXu4D.jpg

tb6bmhq.jpg

ukPRBef.jpg

I'm happy.

P.S. I at first thought I was gonna have a problem because the Vita wasn't charging at first but holy shit it was already fully charged and ready to play according to the battery meter.

Based Cowboom

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
What does it even mean when it says it doesn't come with a battery? Do they actually take it out?

Mines only said Included:Game Console, Ac Power Cable, Usb Cable and it came with the battery thankfully.

But if you're saying where some of them say Not Included: Battery then yeah I'm confused by that as well.

PCH-1101's are back in stock, grade 5, 6 and some 7s for $89.99 even though the listing says $104.99. You can use CowBoom5 to get another $5 off.

Just picked up a grade 6 with all accessories for $90.94 after tax and free shipping.

Lingitiz

PCH-1101's are back in stock, grade 5, 6 and some 7s for $89.99 even though the listing says $104.99. You can use CowBoom5 to get another $5 off.

Just picked up a grade 6 with all accessories for $90.94 after tax and free shipping.

Thanks, I may grab one, mostly for remote play.

edit: bought. The plus games tipped me over.

mjontrix

Got a Grade 7 only missing the owner manual :)

Site is loading super slow though... Can't even reach amazon checkout! Must be a CDN issue...

Pop

Thx for the heads up.

Grabbed a grade 6 for $90. I kept looking at them and slowly they were all disappearing. Glad I snatched one though.

mjontrix

How are people reaching the checkout... Im pretty pissed off atm! I got to the amazon payouts part and thats it. It's still in my cart thankfully!

EDIT: CART EMPTY NO VITA - DAMMIT!!!

Finally got my Vita today, it came in near perfect condition. The box itself looked like it hadn't even been opened. The accessories were even in their original packaging.

I ended up with a grade 6 and literally can't find anything wrong with it, its going to take a microscope to see if there are any scratches on the screen.

Everything was included in the box - charging cables, instructions, etc, and even though mine was listed without a battery in the description, it definitely has one.

Now to hunt for a cheap memory card!

Einbroch

Banned
Finally got my Vita today, it came in near perfect condition. The box itself looked like it hadn't even been opened. The accessories were even in their original packaging.

I ended up with a grade 6 and literally can't find anything wrong with it, its going to take a microscope to see if there are any scratches on the screen.

Everything was included in the box - charging cables, instructions, etc, and even though mine was listed without a battery in the description, it definitely has one.

Now to hunt for a cheap memory card!

Glad you're happy. It's a great site.

Top Bottom