• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptunes

So is it safe to assume that Hidan was answering to the sage's brother? and that he also revived Madara after his fight with the Tobirama?

He's going to end up being the final antagonist isn't he?

Charade

I remember seeing previews for the next Berserk chapter many many months ago, so I'd like to think he has somewhat of a head start (but with Gigantomakhia who knows...)

Yeah this thing:

SDFcpd0.png

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
After reading through Thriller Bark I don't even notice Zolo any more. Hell sometimes I actually think Zolo instead of Zoro. What's in a name!

Kono S o Mi yo.

So it's about a guy who has a magic birthmark on his butt that makes women go absolutely mad for him. I had to read it after the synopsis.

3 chapters in. Ahahahahaha.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I need to catch up on Berserk. Last I remember I was in the arc with the insane priest and the plague doctors and the orgies.

But if I catch up, I'd be in the same place as the rest of you, waiting until the end of time for Miura to make a new chapter.

Mortemis

Banned
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 37

Totally forgot about this manga. Well, chapter was okay. I guess the most funny part is that Sena says she likes tsundere characters, and there's no one more tsun tsun than her in this manga. I guess someone can't be called a narcissist for nothing.

so basically you wont be reading it all then.

So you trying to say it never going to done lol
Man i remember it being one of the first manga i bought years ago from a comic book store when we still had them over here .
Then after being online and finding out how long he takes to bring out chapters i threw them all way when i was being angry lol.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So... Naruto....ironically it was his destiny to work hard to overcome his destined lack of genius abilities. So either way he was screwed: if he didn't work hard he would be giving in to his destiny of not having talent, but if he did work hard then he'd be destined to overcome these hurdles and be destined to save the world.

So uh.... to change your destiny... is your destiny, uhhhhhh.

The only reason he was ever a bad shinobi from the start was because no one would train him, and his own insecurities/persecution complex. .

Don't forget that Kurama's chakra messing up his chakra control as one of the reasons why he messed up so much during his training days.

scy

So... Naruto....ironically it was his destiny to work hard to overcome his destined lack of genius abilities. So either way he was screwed: if he didn't work hard he would be giving in to his destiny of not having talent, but if he did work hard then he'd be destined to overcome these hurdles and be destined to save the world.

So uh.... to change your destiny... is your destiny, uhhhhhh.

One way to put it lol. Some things seem lost over the years :/

Conan-san

Hunter X Hunter isn't even comparable to Berserk.
Mr. Toagashi was doing hiatuses long before it was cool.
Mr. Toagashi, in a just society, would be out on his ass and dead to Shueisha.

Instead, he has a cushy slot in a comic anthology that, frankly speaking, is Thatcherite in it's comic cancellation policies.

Terraformars v8

Definitely prefer the human action more than the bugs action but the child bugs training part of it did help to make the volume not feel too monotonous with the Russia/China against everyone else. A few faces were missing that made it a bit more dull compared to previous events as well, but the Human Biological Weapon, Swarming on the Annex, and Alexander Asimov kept me reading.

The Seven Deadly Sins volume one. Goddam. Now I know how Inoue felt when he first read One Piece in Jump. Can't wait when this series starts getting merchandise.

Mr. Toagashi, in a just society, would be out on his ass and dead to Shueisha.

Instead, he has a cushy slot in a comic anthology that, frankly speaking, is Thatcherite in it's comic cancellation policies.

That's the most interesting part about Hiatus X Hiatus: What did he do to Sueisha to they actually let him do whatever he wants?

I know that Hunter X Hunter is a big seller and maybe could rival One Piece if it was actually being released properly but it's kinda of surreal to see a manga that is in constant hiatus since forever in the pages of JUMP. Why can't he just go to a monthly magazine or get someone to draw for him is beyond my understanding.

scy

Seishun Rikon 1 - So the author of Horimiya is doing ... the art for this. I'm a bit saddened. Still, it's got the fuzzy feels.

That's the most interesting part about Hiatus X Hiatus: What did he do to Sueisha to they actually let him do whatever he wants?

I know that Hunter X Hunter is a big seller and maybe could rival One Piece if it was actually being released properly but it's kinda of surreal to see a manga that is in constant hiatus since forever in the pages of JUMP. Why can't he just go to a monthly magazine or get someone to draw for him is beyond my understanding.

He has some serious blackmail power over them.

I just always viewed him as like a tenured professor. There's nothing that can be done.

He also did Yu Yu Hakusho before HxH, which iirc helped jump saleswise during the glory days (along with DB et al) so he has a lot of pull

nawz

Banned
nisekoi 22-56
Absolutely loving reading this at the moment. Even going to the toilet at work purposely to read the next chapter. I hope there's a decent ending to this and not some open ended bullshit.

Aizo

Banned
Thomas no Shinzō
3 Volumes
Shōjo, Psychological, Shōnen Ai
28640l.jpg

I don't normally read Shōnen Ai, but it's Hagio Moto, so I made an exception.

It's about these boys at a German boarding school. Without saying too much, it starts with one of them dying, and the ongoing psychological struggles that some characters have regarding the incident. If they aren't affected by the death of Thomas, then they're dealing with some other serious trauma. The Shōnen Ai never really gets into Yaoi territory, which is good for me. It's a very serious story. If I had one complaint, it would be that the pacing was a bit too slow for some of the unfolding developments, but it was interesting. It may be worth a re-read at some point, too.

The art is awesome, and it really is art. Some of the panels are unique, and stray from what one may typically find in manga. The characters are complex (sometimes too complex, in fact), and their developments are intriguing to see progress. It's still got that Shōjo feel, with the kind of floaty pacing, but it works well in tandem with the manga's overall atmosphere. I'd like to read Matt Thorn's translation of the piece some time because he's pretty fantastic, and he's quite knowledgeable about LGBT stuff in Japan.

Aizo

Banned
Then why dont you support the mangaka?
That's a pretty rude response that adds nothing to the discussion. How do you know that this person hasn't supported the author? How do you know their living conditions, or the availability of the manga in their country?

It's cool that you like to support the author--I mean it. Still, I think it's unfair to try and make others guilty for not being like you. You can't know their circumstances, reasons, or whether or not they actually are purchasing the manga.

Conan-san

That's a pretty rude response that adds nothing to the discussion. How do you know that this person hasn't supported the author? How do you know their living conditions, or the availability of the manga in their country?

It's cool that you like to support the author--I mean it. Still, I think it's unfair to try and make others guilty for not being like you. You can't know their circumstances, reasons, or whether or not they actually are purchasing the manga.

Yeah, it's bad enoguh that it goes a fat load of nowhere, no need to bag the dood over how s/he reads it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom