• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

scottnak

XiaNaphryz said:
Any chance you and scottnak will finish your match before Friday night so that I can play the winner right after? Just trying to get as many matches in before I leave for vacation Saturday...

Speaking of which, any thoughts on my situation Firestorm? Am I going to just end up forfeiting for being out of town if I can't play enough matches to get ahead? :(
Unfortunately Arol won't be back around to play until Saturday... so it's not possible :(
Unless we somehow can chain the games one after the other on Saturday....

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
scottnak said:
Unfortunately Arol won't be back around to play until Saturday... so it's not possible :(
Unless we somehow can chain the games one after the other on Saturday....
That'll be too late, I'll be on a plane to Hawaii by then.

Ah well, if I end up dropping out, so be it. It's Firestorm's call after all.

Crimmy

I never got an opponent for round 4. I was allowed an extension on monday for round 3 which I won, but I never got my next opponent. Could someone help me out here?

EDIT: Nevermind

Milabrega

Relix said:
Kidd and Mila, let's try to organize your fight with Mine and Bluesummer's this Friday night, so we can have the results for both matches on the same day. Would be cool, at least in my opinion. Then we can leave the fated Milabrega vs. Bluesummers Championship fight for Saturday (Bwahahaha I am skipping you again Relix!!*)

*This is an IRC joke

I think we should prolong both our matches. Since the losers bracket still has round 4 and 5 matches to be done, we're already in round 6. The loser of this round in the winner's bracket goes to round 11 in the losers, and the loser of the winner's bracket final goes to round 13, thats a long ass wait i don't think we should rush these matches.

Bloodwake

XiaNaphryz said:
That'll be too late, I'll be on a plane to Hawaii by then.

Ah well, if I end up dropping out, so be it. It's Firestorm's call after all.

:(

If only you would have forfeited earlier.... lol.

XiaNaphryz

Bloodwake said:
:(

If only you would have forfeited earlier.... lol.
Actually, I don't mind letting you take my place in future matches if I end up having to forfeit.

But that's only if Firestorm doesn't give me a special extension of course. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Alright, well dfyb PM'd me saying that he doesn't really want to continue the tournament, so at least I don't have to feel bad about him being disqualified because he probably didn't get my first PM.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Milabrega said:
I think we should prolong both our matches. Since the losers bracket still has round 4 and 5 matches to be done, we're already in round 6. The loser of this round in the winner's bracket goes to round 11 in the losers, and the loser of the winner's bracket final goes to round 13, thats a long ass wait i don't think we should rush these matches.

I wanna get done with this Round as soon as I can, then finish the victor between you and Kidd. Finals nearing, additional work coming with a new business plan and other stuff will be killing my time shortly so i wanted to get done with this since now. That.... and I wanna kick Summer's ass already.

JCX

layzie1989 said:
Pikachu (JCX) vs Lucas (layzie) on Delfino Plaza
Pikachu (JCX) vs Lucas (layzie) on Delfino Plaza

great matches

I think I'm going to give up pikachu, He's tournament bad luck.

Shanks

Just letting whoever know that me and my opponent (Vanish) have been PMing each other and are going to try and do the match tomorrow!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
BlueSummers said:
Todays the day Relix..our fate will be decided. :lol

Soon. Gonna warm up a bit. Meet you in the IRC

Iam Canadian said:
So, um...my opponent is SixStingPsycho, but he's banned. How is this supposed to work, exactly? >_>

I know him. So, PM me when you want to play, levels, and stuff... and I'll tell him.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Round 6

Relix vs BlueSummers
Relix vs. BlueSummers

Luigi and Ness respectively. Second stage was Final Destination.

2-0

GG's Summers! By the way... Mila and Kidd, get it done... it's time to become GAF's champion once and for all!> BWAHAHAHA

Vlad

layzie1989 said:
Round 6

Layzie (Lucas) vs Vlad (Pit) on Halberd
Layzie (LUcas) vs Vlad (Sonic) on Spear Pillar

gg Vlad

GG indeed.

Still, my ever-lasting hatred of the Earthbound characters continues...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So wait I wanna make this clear... I am in the Winner's Finals... do i get a VC game even if I lose? lol

Bloodwake

Relix said:
So wait I wanna make this clear... I am in the Winner's Finals... do i get a VC game even if I lose? lol

If my calculations are correct you will at least place third. I might be wrong though.

Jiggy

Winners' Bracket Round 6 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Halberd. Listed stages are for second matches, and third where applicable. The numbering system is the match order in Firestorm's bracket. Underlines show the order of winners.

1) biggkidd32 (Wolf, Lucas) over Milabrega (Mr. Game & Watch, Mr. Game & Watch) 2-0; Smashville
2) Relix (Luigi, Luigi) over BlueSummers (Ness, Ness) 2-0; Final Destination

Matches complete: 2/2. 100% of this round of the winners' bracket is completed.
Shutouts: 2 (100%)

Stages this round: Final Destination, Smashville.

Losers' Bracket Round 6 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Halberd. Listed stages are for second matches, and third where applicable. The numbering system is the match order in Firestorm's bracket. Underlines show the order of winners.

1) layzie1989 (Lucas, Lucas) over Vlad (Pit, Sonic) 2-0; Spear Pillar
2) yeb (Snake, Snake) over dragonlife29 (Yoshi, Jigglypuff) 2-0; Final Destination
3) Dr.Hadji (King Dedede, King Dedede) over OliveJuice (Falco, Falco) 2-0
4) Iam Canadian (R.O.B., R.O.B.) over Dreavus (Meta Knight, Meta Knight) 2-0; Battlefield
5) Crimmy (Snake at least once) over Rentahamster 2-0
6) Dechaios (Wolf, Ganondorf) over Vanish (Olimar, Snake) 2-0; Final Destination
7) Keru_Shiri (Ike, Falco) over Cyan (Pikachu, Pikachu) 2-0; Yoshi's Island
8) Arol (Toon Link, Toon Link) over XiaNaphyrz (Zelda, Zelda) 2-0; Shadow Moses Island

Matches complete: 8/8. 100% of this round of the losers' bracket is completed.
Shutouts: 8 (100%)

Preferred stages this round:
Final Destination - 2

Other stages were seen once each: Battlefield, Shadow Moses Island, Spear Pillar, Yoshi's Island.

DarkKyo

Cowie and I just fought in the loser's bracket match!
(I won)

3 matches.
Match 1: Ganon(Me) vs. Toon Link(Cowie) @ Delfino (I lost)
Match 2: Wolf(Me) vs. Toon Link(Cowie) @ Smashville (I won)
Match 3: Wolf(Me) vs. Toon Link(Cowie) @ Halberd (I won)

Good fight Cowie!

XiaNaphryz

Firestorm said:
Xia, you'll probably just get an extension.
Sweet! I'll be back Sunday 4/20 and will be able to play in the afternoon/evening Pacific. :D

Assuming no more BS flight cancellations anyway...

justchris

Round 4 Match Report

Dreavus (Metaknight) over justchris (Kirby) on Smashville
Dreavus (Metaknight) over justchris (Kirby) on Pirate Ship

weepy

Crimmy (Snake) over Weegi (Kirby) Final Destination
Crimmy (Snake) over Weegi (Diddy) Smashville

Crimmy I apologize for those horrible displays for matches but I was extremely off my game today. I've just came from work and I didn't have time to warm-up, but exuses aside you played a great game. Please don't judge me for those matches, I'm much better than that..

Firestorm

Forfeits:
Iam Canadian wins by forfeit against SixStringPsycho
Dreavus wins by forfeit against JoeFu
Rentahamster wins by forfeit against KevinCow

Matches not done (what's going on?):
OliveJuice vs Mark D
Dr.Hadji vs Acerac
Crimmy vs DeceitDecide
Keru_Shiri vs BudokaiMR2
funkmastergeneral vs Cyan
scottnak vs Arol

That's a LOT of matches not done... Can you guys finish by the end of tomorrow? The only Round 6 matches that will be happening in the loser's bracket seem to be Dreavus vs Iam Canadian and Vanish vs Dechaios due to all the unfinished matches.

Firestorm

Round 6 (Due Wednesday April 16th at 10 PM Pacific)
First Stage: Halberd
stage12_thmbnail.jpg

Bracket (click here)

PM your opponent and then post here once you have done so. If you receive a PM, reply to the PM and post here. I need to know how the communication is going. PLEASE read the rules over again. Do not deviate from the rules.

If you guys want to use an easy way of coordinating matches, join the irc channel that slayn made:

server: irc.globalgamers.net
channel #gaf_sb

Use your own IRC client or use the browser-based version: http://irc-pro.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=GlobalGamers&room=#gaf_sb

Stage for Round 7 will be Battlefield.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Firestorm said:
Stage for Round 7 will be Battlefield.

Kidd and Mila, whoever gets to fight me.... remember I have never lost a tourney fight on Battlefield. BWAHAHAHA (get your game done dammit!) :D

Dr.Hadji

Firestorm said:
OliveJuice vs Mark D
Dr.Hadji vs Acerac

Crimmy vs DeceitDecide
Keru_Shiri vs BudokaiMR2
funkmastergeneral vs Cyan
scottnak vs Arol

That's a LOT of matches not done... Can you guys finish by the end of tomorrow? The only Round 6 matches that will be happening in the loser's bracket seem to be Dreavus vs Iam Canadian and Vanish vs Dechaios due to all the unfinished matches.

Acerac said he'd give me the win if he couldn't show up on time. He told me this about a week ago. Hasn't responded since.

Firestorm said:
OliveJuice vs Mark D

He seems to be busy and when he's not I seem to be busy :/. We are supposed to have our match tonight though.

Top Bottom