• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Resistance 2 video this Friday

Atomspike

Zophar said:
Well, if it is real-time assets, then Gears of War pretty much lost the one thing it had going for it over Resistance. I fully expect R2 to look *and* play better than Gears 2.
i have yet to see a game with this scale running on the UE .

TheExodu5

Banned
HocusPocus said:
Looking good. Might be my first PS3 game I'll buy this year, and actually the first since Resistance 1 (bought it with my system and Ninja Gaiden Sigma).

What the fuck kind of elitist selection of video games do you enjoy?

mr_nothin

Banned
Yoboman said:
I can't see why Insomniac would break their track-record of ALWAYS showing real-time graphics. Even when everyone was showing CGI in 2005, they were the only ones showing real-time work. And same goes for Ratchet

They deserve the benefit of the doubt
Well now...we have to cover ourselves and say "IN-GAME ASSETS" on account of Ratchet and Clank which should be brought up in say....

FirewalkR

Well, I'd fallen asleep and now I'm fully awake, THANKS TO INSOMNIAC! :D

Anyway, after watching this one thing's for sure. There's not gonna be a "Resistance 3", coz there's no way puny "Man" can win against THAT!! :lol

iceatcs

Wollan said:
If he has 19 hours left to live... how will he be able to cross the USA?
Life extension confirmed.

Not that anyone has said it's due to a disease or whatever though..

You see a lot of the flying ship. some are crazy fast. Maybe he steal one of those.

Zophar

RiverBed said:
not a fair comparison at all given the size of both in-game play fields. compare R2 with other similarly large games, say like Battlefield: Bad Company?
by that, Gears 2 should look better. it would be an embarrassment if its the opposite.
in any case, if it isn't coming to PS3, then why the hell bother?
Eh...last time around the two got compared constantly. The exact same thing is going to happen this fall. I agree that they're two completely different games but you can't deny that there is a rivalry going on.

edit: Wow, didn't mean to strike such a nerve.

jiggle

iceatcs said:
Resistance2.gif

teaser was an overstatement :lol 2/3 of the video consists of logo and stuffs :/
but holy shit on what was shown though, the game looks EPIC!

I wonder if this is the same video that's gonna go on PSN...
It's weird that the next showing is in June, when sony gamer's day is in May?

Stike

TheExodu5 said:
It's possible...but damn the sheer polygon count for Nathan's perfectly round head would be pretty huge.
Shaders can visually fake the impression of round shapes when there is none...

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Zophar said:
Well, if it is real-time assets, then Gears of War pretty much lost the one thing it had going for it over Resistance. I fully expect R2 to look *and* play better than Gears 2.

Atomspike said:
Gears 2 being on the Unreal Engine disqualifies it to compete with PS3 first party games .
i think the Unreal Engine is overrated and lacks versatility , i have yet to see a game with this scale running on the UE .

2e52rnc.jpg

FrankT

Router said:

:lol

HocusPocus said:
Looking good. Might be my first PS3 game I'll buy this year, and actually the first since Resistance 1 (bought it with my system and Ninja Gaiden Sigma).

Yea I haven't bought but a couple as well, heh, and I actually have two. But, I would recommend trying at least Uncharted and/or Ratchet if you are into the genres. Anyhow MGS4 thus far is the only definite buy on the platform for me this year. Resistance was okay for me, probably an 8.5 or so, but Gears will be getting my dollars come November. If R2 shows me more of this kind of thing to come it may squeak in as another potential buy for the month. Not a MGS fan? It should be a blockbuster.

It looks like they may show it for the 12 central time hour here maybe? I'm not sure they just mentioned in their preview, but I swear I did not see it for the 11/12 central/eastern time slot.

Okay they just played it in the 12 central spot. Looking good on Spike HD.

So can we get off the CG vs. Realtime thing for a bit and talk about the fact that
it says Hale is going to die?
. Was this hinted at in the first game? I'm sad :(

shagg_187 said:
Batman called. He wants his batplane back...

batplane.gif

All scifi fighters have the same basic shape. They could have borrowed a couple of these:

veh_nemesis.jpg

Then again some have unique and ugly fighters that make you think "how the hell does that thing fly?" TIE fighters anyone?

Proelite

Yoboman said:
What Garnett once said about feeling like these guys are actually taking over Earth (compared to Halo 3) is so true. Just looking at that scene, how the fuck do the Humans have any chance at all?:lol

Nukes? The United States must be sitting on thousands of them.

RiverBed

Banned
Zophar said:
Eh...last time around the two got compared constantly. The exact same thing is going to happen this fall. I agree that they're two completely different games but you can't deny that there is a rivalry going on.
I don't mind comparing the best looking games- regardless of genre or type. but to specificall chose two is nonsensical. but that never stops some from doing it.

jiggle said:
teaser was an overstatement :lol 2/3 of the video consists of logo and stuffs :/
shagg_187 said:
Exactly. Let me say this again:

Teaser:
darkknightlogo.jpg

Trailer:
3.jpg

still not getting through?

It's possible...but damn the sheer polygon count for Nathan's perfectly round head would be pretty huge.
Esperado said:
932369_20070825_screen004.jpg

Clanks head is too round. There are too many polygons for that to be real.

wash, rinse, repeat.

WinFonda

Proelite said:
Nukes? The United States must be sitting on thousands of them.
This takes place in the past, so nuclear weapons would not be as prevalent (if even in existence.) Of course, it's an alternate past, so really, anything goes.

Mastperf

Zophar said:

There you go. I knew we couldn't have a picnic without someone squatting and shitting in the potato salad.

Z3F

Banned
Yoboman said:
I can't see why Insomniac would break their track-record of ALWAYS showing real-time graphics. Even when everyone was showing CGI in 2005, they were the only ones showing real-time work. And same goes for Ratchet

They deserve the benefit of the doubt

Always?

rc_screen001.jpg

I know for fact the final product didn't look like that on the PS2.

FirewalkR

After looking at the moment Hale kicks the door (someone gif that plz) ... no way that's real-time.

Aawww man, 13th June... the wait is going to be so loooong.

Wollan

I want the Resistance PS3 trilogy to be the first drawn out franchise where humanity ends up being wiped out.
With the Cloven taking over

cool teaser, does its job really really well, make me want to know more about the game.

anyway, Hale's dying? is this a new trend in video game heroes? Heavenly Sword, God of War 1, Metal Gear Solid 4, and now Resistance 2 all has the premise of main character's gonna die (GoW doesn't, but he start the game by committing suicide). I don't play Halo 3, did master chief die too in that game?

Esperado

Z3F said:
Always?

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/04/23/ratchetclank2/rc_screen001.jpg[/img]

I know for fact the final product didn't look like that on the PS2.

Nothing impressive outside of the ani aliasing.

They always release screens/videos with in game assets. Of course promotional pictures and stuff are going to be enhanced with anti aliasing up the ass. Ratchet and Clank Future didn't look as good as the screenshots, but it definitely was 95% there. Just didn't have the crystal clear AA, which I doubt any game will have. It was all in game assets though, and the game you saw in pictures and TV was 95% what you got to play. I'm not expecting anything less with Resistance 2.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Wollan said:
I want the Resistance PS3 trilogy to be the first drawn out franchise where humanity ends up being wiped out.
With the Cloven taking over

Speaking of
Cloven
. How do you know those are Chimeran ships in the trailer?

Yeah. I went there.

Yoboman said:
What Garnett once said about feeling like these guys are actually taking over Earth (compared to Halo 3) is so true. Just looking at that scene, how the fuck do the Humans have any chance at all?

*nods*

Not enough "invading alien hordes" look like they're genuinely capable of fucking Earth's shit up. But the Chimera are definitely fitting the bill here. :lol

FirewalkR

Esperado said:
Nothing impressive outside of the ani aliasing.

They always release screens/videos with in game assets. Of course promotional pictures and stuff are going to be enhanced with anti aliasing up the ass. Ratchet and Clank Future didn't look as good as the screenshots, but it definitely was 95% there. Just didn't have the crystal clear AA, which I doubt any game will have. It was all in game assets though, and the game you saw in pictures and TV was 95% what you got to play. I'm not expecting anything less with Resistance 2.

The textures man. Look at the textures when he kicks the door. No way that's in-game assets. No matter how much I wish it was. :lol

Yoboman

Gold Member
Zophar said:
Alternate timeline. No WW2, no nuclear arsenal.
Says who? Nuclear weaponry can still fit into the timeline, it's just that they never got used because of WW2. Einstein was already in America when the alternate invasion happened IIRC, so I wouldn't be surprised to see nukes

Top Bottom