• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

LProtag

Holy shit, Liar Game is back! I just decided to check to see if any new chapters had come out and one came out a few days ago.

Yessssss.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hinamatsuri 29.5

UJqtyww.png

The colonel is high as fuck.

edit: oh wait, that's from 30.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Basically this for me as well. It pains me that the only thing I am reading every week is fucking Nisekoi right now.

I'm part of the problem, aren't I?

Don't blame yourself. You are a victim, not a cause.

Village

Seraph of the End demands to be read..
Tried , I enjoy the art but the overall thematic message it gives off about handling issues and things like ptsd and potentially other issues is something I take personally and I just can't enjoy. As a guy who , while wasn't re-orhpaned by vampires in an undergound city, did have bad things happen to him. Sadness isn't that simple, usually I wouldn't care because the sadness would be undefined but the go to great lengthened to define the sadness more than most manga's of this type then say " fuck it get over it ". I just can't get behind that. The manga for me isn't mature enough to handle a lot of the things it tries to put down and then reverts to this shonen thing. Its like do you wanna be therapeutic or some type of manga more about the emotional evolution of the protagonist or do you want to be about action shonen stuff. Either is fine just do one well because it can't do both. But I dunno its kinda early so maybe it will get better

Tegami Bachi as well.
I reads it allready
And Mokushiroku Arisu.
I have no idea where to read it

What other manga's you got?

Australia, but seeing that they're all but out of the tournament I'll be going for pakistan. Pakistan is always fun to watch.

Interesting.

More of a West Indies person myself but they fell off for a while now (to the point i stopped paying attention). Interestingly it seems they are gaining some steam again.

Charade

Uwagaki 1-13

This was great. Wasted no time getting started, and has a good mix of humor and romance. To chime in on that earlier discussion, I really like the art. The designs themselves are somewhat typical/plain, but it can be very dynamic and clean. Thanks to Antiwhippy for the (indirect) recommendation.

wonzo

Banned
Hanstu x Trash 38-41

Dude gets offered a tittyjob and he decides to finish off fantasising about it in the bathroom instead of actually taking her up on the offer. ._.

i mad

Nozomi x Kimio 18

I know it's only going on hiatus now but I really wouldn't mind if this was ending in the next chapter as it's kinda boring to read.

Stretch 18

Yeah, I still don't see the Yuri angle with this even knowing of the author's prior work.

aunts ass 120

chairmanthumbsup.png

ryan13ts

Is hunter x hunter back yet

Shit, I swear you read my mind. It's been 2 years now since the last chapter, so I'm praying any day now Togashi will pop out of no where with new chapters.

Does anyone know the longest hiatus he's ever taken? The amount of hiatuses the series has had is absolutely absurd, especially when you realize that the series has been around almost as long as One Piece (started in fucking 1998) but only has barely over 300 chapters. It's been on break over twice the amount is actually been serialized. Fucking nuts

upandaway

Shit, I swear you read my mind. It's been 2 years now since the last chapter, so I'm praying any day now Togashi will pop out of no where with new chapters.

Does anyone know the longest hiatus he's ever taken? The amount of hiatuses the series has had is absolutely absurd, especially when you realize that the series has been around almost as long as One Piece (started in fucking 1998) but only has barely over 300 chapters. It's been on break over twice the amount is actually been serialized. Fucking nuts
The one we're in is the longest one I think. The other huge one was in 2006, but it was less than 2 years (I think it was Feb06 to Oct07 or somewhere along there).

Still holding that he'll come back with a 40-chapter streak in the end of the year or beginning 2015 (maybe this fall because of the anime ending, dunno). If I'm wrong, Togashi can go eat avocado with nuts.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 1

Kid meets a girl when he's younger who says she's a princess after witnessing something weird. In turn, they become friends. fast forward many years and dude develops feelings for the really good looking girl, his childhood friend. Turns out she's moving away.

Later that night, dude sees flash of light from where he met her. Turns out she's a princess from another world who has to move back home (with her granpa who brought her here) as she was promised to a prince and must get married.

Dude mans up and follows her through whatever portal was opened, crashes the wedding. Through a series of events that involves rings of power/marriage, he ends up killing a demon and is now married to her.

Pretty cool romance/fantasy with nice art. Will be keeping an eye on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom