• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: anyone here at Rezzed?

AHA-Lambda

Anybody at the Eurogamer Rezzed show?

Just not long out of the Mike Bithell session oj Volume like, still looks great. Also got a photo With Mike XD

Hearing so much indie love with Sony here, not much Microsoft presence at all actually and some indie devs I've talked to ain't very happy with MS actually.

Just wondering if anyone else is here and got any impressions of any games?
So far I've really particularly enjoyed Gods Will Be Watching and Not a Hero.

Just saw Bithell too - sounded like a really nice chap.

Dean Hall on before him was great too.

Not had much of a chance to look around the show floor yet but hearing good things about Alien.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
One half of Megadev (i.e. me and our coder/designer) will be there tomorrow in the afternoon. If anyone spots us come over and say hi!

Also, I want to meet Mike Bithell while I'm there. Hope he's still around tomorrow.

BraXzy

Wanted to go but couldn't fit it in :(

The Ether One devs are there I believe if anyone spots their booth.

AHA-Lambda

I'll say about Alien, I think the demo proves the game has combat. The control scheme has a reload button and there is a health bar even though the alien kills you in one hit.

The demo seemed pretty good but it also vindicates the rumors of other enemies and gun combat.

Also there will be crafting in the game, picked up a number of random bits of crap, obviously for crafting.

Got asked what I thought afterwards for a camera so.may appear in.a YouTube vid down the line xD

Who the hell was that guy asking a question from a sock puppet. Embarrassing

Yeah saw that, wtf? o_O

If you're there, do stop by the Special Effect stand and try SOAP.

It's a soap box racer we created as part of GameJam, you control the 'car' with your eyes :)

lonely

I'm not there but my College is. They're part of the Silicone Spa exhibit, could have helped out if I hadn't been ill when they were taking volunteers.

I'm going in for Saturday (there are still tickets for Sunday). Will be there from 10am. Out of the developer sessions, definitely sitting in for Dreamfall Chapters at 4pm. Must see Ragnar in person!

Games I'll try to check out:
Alien Isolation
So many indie games, whatever I can have time for!
Gods Will Be Watching
Hotline Miami 2
Helldivers + Hohokum + Murasaki Baby
Ether One
Eden Star
Unrest (a RPG set in ancient India)
maybe Infamous and Murdered: Soul Suspect

Leftfield:
Fract OSC
Dungeon of the Endless
One Upon Light
Space Engineers (Giant Bomb covered this before)

Human_me

I went yesterday.
My Highlights:
Aliens Isolation:They really do capture the whole Alien theme of the game. Though beware the PC line is the longest and you play it with a xbox 360 controller. I would recommend playing the PS4 version the line is much smaller and the controller in my opinion is better. The also have the Xbox One version there.

Hotline Miami 2: Classic Hotline Miami, possibly the best music in a game yet. Must play.

Shadow Warrior for PS4: Works really well with the controller worth a good play.

Helldivers: Very hard but enjoyable it really has a starship troopers kind of feel. The dev also told me that there are two different galaxy's to play in with completely different enemies that aren't bugs and a lot more intelligent.

Gang Beasts: Oh god play it, very fun physics fighter, very funny.

Murasaki Baby: Creepy was the first world come to mind, sound plays a big part of the video game so don't play it without headphones. A bit slow paced though and certainly a different type of game to play.

Murdered: Soul Suspect: My biggest surprise of the the show, I was always interested in the game but came back hyped after playing it. The best way to describe it is a stealthy L.A Noire. The story really is very good and though out the level you have to hide from these demons that want to take you to the afterlife, you examine items and possess people to pick them up and examine more closely and search for clues. You can also walk though objects and walls which is a unique touch. Though I can imagine the game getting quite repetitive after a while.

Monstrum: A bit rough but they are showcasing the game with the Oculus Rift, which really does change how the entire game is played definitely give it a shot.

Octodad on ps4: Funny and enjoyable but if you already played it on PC then there is nothing new. Worth a good play though.

Stronghold Crusader 2: For all you RTS fans out there play this NOW. They are also giving the original game for free if you play the game (via email) Its very fun and is definitely on my Day 1 list. The demo is multiplayer only though and has a slight learning curve but the devs are on hand to help you out.

The Escapists: Think of it as Prison Architect but you are the prisoner. Can be funny by throwing desks at the jail officers. It even makes the boring do laundry activity's fun.
Whole point of the game is to escape prison, during the demo we were told only digging out your cell was an option currently but future ways to escape are being developed.

Dream: Fun game to play and unique but beware of the queues.

Final Horizon: Enjoyable but needs a bit of work but very worth playing.

There are many other fun games there to play as well though the ones listed above were defiantly the ones that stood out the most for me. Oh and a word of recommendation stay away from the Razor Bus, its a bit pants and a waste of time.

My Top three games at the show?

1. Aliens Isolation
2. Hotline Miami 2
3. A tie between Murdered soul suspect and Stronghold Crusader 2 (seriously both games are great.)

Honourable Mention: The Escapists.

Hope you have fun at Rezzed!

Human_me

I need moar impressions about Alien. What was shown in demo?

First up the environments and graphics were just amazing truly looks next gen.
The gameplay is very similar to Amnesia though unlike Amnesia the Alien AI is a lot more intelligent. During my play through the alien looked over these small computer panels that I was hiding behind (I died) went up to the lookers I was hiding in (which you have to hold your breath for, failing to do so the Alien kills you). Also it jumped into a vent and came out the other side.
You need to listen to sound carefully because you can normally hear the alien moving around.
It was quite a short demo but very fun and brought out the fear in you.
Though main thing I didn't like was a little code minigame where you had to match the symbols to a screen. The symbols on the screen are too close to each other and as a result you cant get them wrong at times.
But it was very enjoyable and worth keeping an eye on.

Please tell us about worms battlegrounds

Unfortunately I didn't really play worms battleground, I didn't have the time for it. (There was quite a big queue of people)
But I did watch a couple of people playing it. My overall impressions were that is seemed like any other worm game. Though the graphics really did look nice, the artwork was just amazing and Team17 really have done a good job.

If anyone can share more impressions of Murdered Soul Suspect, I'd appreciate it. :)

As someone who went to Rezzed I can answer this.

The demo was pretty good, was around 40 minutes in length and gave you two detective scenarios to solve with a sort of action/exploring in the middle. The game was being demoed on PS4 and while it looked pretty damn nice, it was obvious that it was a cross gen game. Dont know if anyone else here who played it noticed it, but for whatever reason the audio in that build was completely messed up, for example in some of the cutscenes the audio must have been out of sync by a good 5 seconds, but I'm sure that is something they can clear up.

As for the detective parts, they were pretty good as well. Each area has a number of clues to find before progressing, which can be done either through finding items in the environment or by interacting with people (both dead and alive).
All in all in felt like the game was shaping up pretty nicely, and I'm excited to see where they take the game from here.

As for the expo itself, my favourite game had to be Aliens:Isolation by far. It felt like what an Aliens game should be, the mixture of exploration and avoiding the Alien was balanced really well, and the graphics were pretty mental (played on PS4).

As someone who went to Rezzed I can answer this.

The demo was pretty good, was around 40 minutes in length and gave you two detective scenarios to solve with a sort of action/exploring in the middle. The game was being demoed on PS4 and while it looked pretty damn nice, it was obvious that it was a cross gen game. Dont know if anyone else here who played it noticed it, but for whatever reason the audio in that build was completely messed up, for example in some of the cutscenes the audio must have been out of sync by a good 5 seconds, but I'm sure that is something they can clear up.

As for the detective parts, they were pretty good as well. Each area has a number of clues to find before progressing, which can be done either through finding items in the environment or by interacting with people (both dead and alive).
All in all in felt like the game was shaping up pretty nicely, and I'm excited to see where they take the game from here.

As for the expo itself, my favourite game had to be Aliens:Isolation by far. It felt like what an Aliens game should be, the mixture of exploration and avoiding the Alien was balanced really well, and the graphics were pretty mental (played on PS4).

Thanks! Sounds really good so far.

I really want Alien: Isolation to be great as well. Hopefully there isn't too much combat.

AHA-Lambda

Got to say I also came away quite surprised and intrigued after playing Murdered as well. Seems there is a surprised sentiment to the game on the show floor.

Haha if you want to see my nervous mug ask Ragnar Tornquist and Martin a question during the Dreamfall Chapters dev session: http://www.twitch.tv/egx/c/3973840?t=36m
The game looks incredible seeing it on such a big screen, can’t wait to walk around Europolis and look above. Watch the dev session, their implementation of choices (not moral choices as in most games) with Walking Dead style stats of who chose what was pretty cool. Lots of new footage.
ragnar_tornquist_and_moeez_by_digi_matrix-d7c7jv1.jpg

I asked both of them in-person some cheeky questions of whether people in underwear and cannon stroking will be in the game :p

Much better venue or at least less cramped and easier to navigate than the previous EGX in London. Better selection of games too, personally. Reflects how sparse the next-gen market is right now that the only big games were Infamous Second Son, Titanfall, and Alien: Isolation. One thing that was incredibly encouraging about the Alien Isolation gigantic 60 stall booth (20 stalls for PS4, Xbox One, and PC of your choosing) was you could spend as much time as you want (yes, more than an hour) to complete the demo. It’s reassuring when game types like horror are given due with the right environment. One immediate flaw of the Oculus Rift is it can’t handle you wearing glasses as it’s quite tight, so either I get my laser surgery or they try to accommodate for that.

The Leftfield indie dev section, smallest of the small indies, filled up quite spectacularly and it was cute to see the developers write the name of the game and instructions on the white walls.
leftfield__1__by_digi_matrix-d7c554l.jpg

leftfield__2__by_digi_matrix-d7c554g.jpg

I spot a Rami Ismail (Vlambeer)!
gang_beasts_and_rami_ismail_by_digi_matrix-d7c5559.jpg

Cloudbuilt shirt but with a B-rank, yeah not possible!
cloudbuilt__2__by_digi_matrix-d7c556w.jpg

cloudbuilt__1__by_digi_matrix-d7c556z.jpg

Eden Star
eden_star_by_digi_matrix-d7c556a.jpg

Broforce and Luftrausers
broforce_and_luftrausers_by_digi_matrix-d7c557c.jpg

Retro area where I spotted an OG xbox and Stranger’s Wrath (both of which I still have):
xbox_and_stranger__s_wrath_by_digi_matrix-d7c557i.jpg

SWAG SWAG PINS ARE THE BEST
egx_rezzed_swag__1__by_digi_matrix-d7c5565.jpg

egx_rezzed_swag__2__by_digi_matrix-d7c555y.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone can share more impressions of Murdered Soul Suspect, I'd appreciate it. :)
Murdered: Soul Suspect
murdered_soul_suspect_by_digi_matrix-d7c5qr0.jpg

This is a straight up paranormal detective adventure game, and I loved it. You start off outside where you investigate your dead body as a ghost and try to piece together about 8 clues. You can possess everyone on the street and read their minds, sometimes you can even “influence” them to reveal more. I ended up zipping around everyone with the possession, Stacking-style.

The real meat starts in the apartment, of which you need to get to the 4th floor to check out your fall. You can move through walls like noclip, quite funny to see half a body moving around a pool table or kitchen tops. The most interesting part was this “sidequest” (that you can totally miss) where you meet a young ghost girl in the laundry doom and figure out how she might have been murdered by an old couple. It was quite darkly comedic. Once you find enough items that led to the events to solve the case, you have to piece the order the events happened in which is marked on a three-strike system. There’s another case of a family homicide, and then you move upstairs.
Stealth with demons. Not as bad as I thought. They’ll roam the halls and if you get the jump on them, you can hold R2 for execution which is then followed by a QTE prompt (left analog direction + Square/Triangle/Circle). If they spot you, you can jump from hiding spot to hiding spot much like I was zipping around body possessions. The design of the demon is quite freaky.

Ether One
ether_one_by_digi_matrix-d7c555t.jpg

First time playing around with an Oculus Rift. Narrative game set in a seaside town (at least from the demo), about memories and a bit of nostalgia. Very relaxing atmosphere. Not much benefit with the OR, only got to play around with it for 5 min so I asked to play it on mouse and keyboard for 20 more minutes. Examining 3D items is much easier with the mouse. The female narrator is nice. There was a Looking Glass reference which I had to ask the developer about and he nodded. Some slight puzzles like figuring out the code to a safe behind a painting in a bar, so you have to find out the most popular brew and input that, then input a code. The game is out and I’m a sucker for these kind of games, so will have to check it out.

Dungeon of the Endless
dungeon_of_the_endless_by_digi_matrix-d7c5rbg.jpg

Amplitude Studio is 40 people, but only 4 worked on this game. I don’t have much experience with roguelikes, and haven’t really played this kind of tactical tower defense RTS type before. I think I’ve been won over on the tower defense design with this game and Super Exploding Zoo. The game’s out on Steam Early Access, so this was more of a free demo for me. The UI is slick and the lanky pixel art is gorgeous. I tooled up with a melee Metroid girl (name reference and blue armour too) and a ranged dude. There is science research, weapons, and other RPG elements. The game’s all about unlocking doors, which is what the tagline is all about “What’s behind the door?”. Each door you unlock, you should light up the area and then you can set down turrets or mines. You’ve got to get a crystal to the exit, while waves come in. It was tense and fun.

Fract OSC
fract_osc_by_digi_matrix-d7c5snt.jpg

Honestly, was the most baffling experience I had with a game on the showfloor. I’m not sure if the developer was telling me the game is not finished or just some dude helping out. No tutorial so I wasn’t sure what the objective or end goal was. I just walked around, fell down to many places with no fall damage and just observed the pretty neon world. There was something about moving boxes around and making some beats on a synthesiser which you interact with by right-clicking and going into a TV video scanlines effect. Really cool music, but got a feeling this was a tech demo right now.

Super Exploding Zoo
super_exploding_zoo_by_digi_matrix-d7c5581.jpg

By the Honeyslug people (Frobisher Says, Hohokum). Pikmin + Lemmings + tower defence, never knew I wanted that combo so bad before! The expressions on these animal bombs are super cute. You move around a zoo, waking up animals, form a posse, and then wreck the shit of some aliens walking in a very tower defence route towards unhatched eggs that you need to protect. Since you’re animal bombs, you will blow up and so the strategy is not to blow all your critters to destroy the aliens. By holding down Triangle, you can set out an Okami-like path that you can make out by yourself with the right analog stick for a single animal to either blow up walls or enemies. This would have been perfect for the PS4 touchpad, but it wasn’t used. Quite simple and charming.

Unrest
unrest_game_by_digi_matrix-d7c557s.jpg

I would hesitate to call it a typical RPG but it’s a narrative top-down RPG set in ancient India dealing with historical and socioeconomic ills, made by a couple of Indians, Estonian, and American so like 5 guys internationally who met on Reddit I think. There are loads of dialogue trees, mood stats going up and down, and consequences much like Heavy Rain. There are 4 protagonists whose paths can intertwine. My first one was a young girl who should have been grateful for marrying up a merchant’s son in an arranged marriage but I was defiant and wanted to escape the town on horses. I didn’t make it, and was executed. On to the next, which was another young girl who was struggling to survive and was being forced into begging. I asked the dev and he said it would be 7 chapters, 4-5 hours long. I stopped there because I didn’t want to spoil myself, but yeah super interesting setting and excited to see where it branches. Oh yeah, there are tall snake people called Naga who are thought of lesser beings, presumably from Indian folklore.

Enola
enola_game_by_digi_matrix-d7c555x.jpg

Psychological horror about a girl trying to find her lost girlfriend and you see live flashbacks of a time when her girlfriend was into this really cute boy but it ended up really badly. The implications are quite intense and the in-game storytelling leads to quite a horrific reveal, but the game itself was quite standard and a bit dated in looks and interactions. You don’t open doors, you just transition to the next room like Resident Evil (without a cool door cutscene). It’s a bit creepy, there won’t be any jump scares, so the thrust seems to be the story which is Silent Hill inspired.

Monstrum
Procedural horror set on a ship that you have to escape by getting enough items for a life boat. Made by about 10 Scots from the University of Abertay. I didn’t play much, just asked the dev about Greenlight, procedural horror, and the ship modelling. 2nd game I tried with OR. It was quite early, so we figured out a wallhack when you’re near a wall and peak to the other side where we could track the monster’s route. Jumped a bit when I got noticed and you can imagine how tense a monster walking around in tight corridors would be like.

Gods Will Be Watching
gods_will_be_watching_always_sometimes_monster_by_digi_matrix-d7c5551.jpg

Most of indie game thread people have played this survival adventure demo before, but not in front of a giant 40+inch screen! The lanky pixel art looks great on such a big screen and presumably resolution. Sarah is a liability, she’s close to crying but without her pep talks, the other survivors lose morale points quite quickly and so my Donald ran off into the woods but he’s always a coward. Apparently, dogs can be infected with raw meat too. They should get some cow stomachs.

Helldivers
helldivers_by_digi_matrix-d7c554r.jpg

Capes! Seriously, finally we get a tactical 4-player Starship Troopers-ish top-down shooter. The ruthless design is what makes this tactical. Friendly fire is on which includes your turrets, drops can kill you if you’re under, you have to manually reload when your ammo magazine runs dry, and you can die in just a few hits. You can go prone if you want to avoid fire. I liked sprinting and then dolphin diving for no apparent reason while moving around. The best strategy for our team was to line up in an arc at the same distance so we didn’t hit each other. Positioning yourself is crucial. In the heat of battle, it can be daunting to remember the button codes for dropping down the “Stratagems” (resupply, revive, turret, airstrike, nuke) from your D-pad, a bit like Mortal Kombat or Konami code. Was an awesome experience, would cape twirl again.

Murasaki Baby
murasaki_baby__3__by_digi_matrix-d7c553v.jpg

First, Tearaway on last EGX. Now, this game is selling me on a PS Vita! Is she called a Babies? Whatever, it’s nearly all touch-controls. You drag her stick arm around to move her, and you can vary the speed of her movement by how long you stretch it. It’s cute as hell dragging her arm too far and seeing her trip over, so bloody adorable. The look is very gothic cartoon, Tim Burton. The balloon she’s holding is like the health, and if that floats away without you bringing it back, game over. You can switch moods or basically wallpapers with two fingers and swiping like a page on the back panel. The most ingenious puzzle is Heavy Rain level of fingers twister. There is fire below and spikes above. I held onto the balloon with my left middlefinger at a certain height and you have to vary it with the fire or spikes, left thumb to move her, and right hand to bat away safety pin flies. The game doesn’t tell you how to do this fingers twister, so it’s up to you!

Alien: Isolation
jTByXMnRzvtAB.jpg

I had the opposite experience of RPS’ impressions. I found the alien AI a good mix of unpredictable and not frustrating. I didn’t get to test out combat (you can whack your plasma torch with Right Trigger but you lose it when you open the door), the demo ended with the airlock as you’ve seen in footage. I’d highly recommend crouching all the time, not using the flashlight, and keeping the Motion Tracker on ready if you hear any rumbling.

Let me break it down. So, an alien shows up on the front cone of your motion tracker. When it goes further away, since you’re not stupid enough to turn on the flashlight, you’re not sure whether it just moved to the periphery of your tracker or moved up into a vent. If they go up in a vent, they’ll pop out anywhere. If you hide under a table like in a horror movie under the bed, the alien will walk around with you just seeing its feet, and will take its sweet time. So that’s the unpredictable part. If you see it and are in the dark, you can still move around with a cover obstacle. It might change directions, but always have it in your sights, and be patient. That’s the not frustrating part. There’s no point in running even when the game instructs you. There’s no point in standing unless if you’re near the airlock and have to for pulling down the lever, but I died in 2 spectacular fashions because of this: one grabbed from behind, another where I was speared through the chest to which I exclaimed “HOLY SHIT” out loud. I wouldn’t say the AI is revolutionary but quite admirable for a horror stealth game.

This is a game where you’ll want to crank up the resolution and textures because you’ll be staring at the mise en scene if you’re into that kind of environmental storytelling. The attention to detail in the décor is worth ogling over, like the latin american(?) lads mags, the old school astronaut suits, the half-body dead androids, desk clutter, advertising, or chewing gum under the tables. Even though this was the biggest game of the show, I wasn’t disappointed in the least.

chadskin

As someone who went to Rezzed I can answer this...

Got to say I also came away quite surprised and intrigued after playing Murdered as well. Seems there is a surprised sentiment to the game on the show floor.

Thanks guys, always good to hear some impressions. :)
Solidifies my expectation that it'll be a really decent game, with it's kinks and flaws but also with a fresh idea and a solid gameplay mechanic. I'll just go ahead and pre-order it now I guess.

And great write-up, Messofanego, thanks!

Fract OSC
fract_osc_by_digi_matrix-d7c5snt.jpg

Honestly, was the most baffling experience I had with a game on the showfloor. I’m not sure if the developer was telling me the game is not finished or just some dude helping out. No tutorial so I wasn’t sure what the objective or end goal was. I just walked around, fell down to many places with no fall damage and just observed the pretty neon world. There was something about moving boxes around and making some beats on a synthesiser which you interact with by right-clicking and going into a TV video scanlines effect. Really cool music, but got a feeling this was a tech demo right now.

The game is coming out in April so I'd hope they would show more than a tech demo. I wonder if it's going to be one of those games with zero direction that you're thrown into, kind of like MirrorMoon EP but more abstract.

AHA-Lambda

Twitch streams are repeated here, I appear in 3 different streams (Alien, the podcast and Volume) so some enterprising detective can figure out which one is me :p

http://www.twitch.tv/egx/profile

Some impressions of some highlights to me:

Hotline Miami 2 - More Hotline Miami basically but by no means is this a bad thing :D

Gods Will Be Watching
- Probably my personal game of the show (I had not played the free version before), the game is basically a point and click survival game were you must last 30 days and keep your camp alive whilst repairing a radio to signal for help, but you can only do 5 things per day. It's all about making touch choices, especially as each person lost is materially felt and not just as some score, each person has some unique ability that helps you in the camp.

Interestingly enough, one person did actually manage to finish the demo at the show, I have no idea how much more there is to the full game over this demo, but the guy at the booth couldn't believe it.

Not a Hero - From the creator of OlliOlli (which I tried for the first time at the show, and couldn't get my head around the controls), is a 2D fast paced cover shooter and it is so much fun! I kept coming back tot his game to play it day after day. I'll certainly be picking this one up.

Dead Pixels 2 - I had not played the first game but my gf had, it's basically a pretty simple 2D sidescroller shooter with a scott pilgrim aesthetic. Quite simple but definitely charming I thought (as zombie games go). Also the dev was such a nice guy, also from Scotland, and he gave me one of the promo VHS boxes he had made for the booth.

Plus he was rather open and candid about a few things with indie development and some publishers, but I won't repeat them here.

Alien: Isolation - Came away intrigued from the demo, but the session really sold me on the game; the devs really so seem passionate about this idea, and I really want to believe!

The demo basically has you exploring a fairly linear environment, pulling switches (nothing special) until the alien comes out. This thing is lethal, if it catches you it's instant death, and I can attest to it's unpredictability from the demo as others have said too. I never died the same way twice, worst one was (somehow) the alien saw me at the end of the corridor and just ran full pelt at me. You can't outrun this thing, don't try. The demo hinted at other features such as combat and crafting, but these were later confirmed in the dev session. What some people may not like is that much of your progression is waypoint on both the map screen and on your motion tracker, tbh I didn't mind this, I've never liked fumbling around in the dark in horror games, they can be scary enough without not knowing where to go imo.

It was quite scary, but it didn't help my headphones were clearly turned to the max, and I didn't know how to turn them down. Also I volunteered to say my thoughts on the game afterwards so my voice may be in some video in the future xD

Ether One - I don't know about this one, I was intrigued by this title before, so I wanted to check it out but it's hard to judge a game like this in a setting like Rezzed; it relies on it's story more than mechanics. From a gameplay point of view, it really comes across as "what is Dear Esther was also a scavenger hunt?" Didn't come away impressed, but will wait for more impressions.

Monstrum - A procedurally generated survival horror on a ship were you run away from a monster as you try to find 3 objects needed to repair a dinghy to get to safety. This was early stuff and it's hard to see what the final game will offer from this slice, but it sounds interesting; the only other procedural horror game I can think of is Daylight, but I don't think that has random monsters as this game is claiming to have.

It is quite something to play a game like this on the Oculus Rift xD
Shame it was still the older version on show at Rezzed.
Also I didn't know but one of the leads on this game is actually the boyfriend of someone I know xD

Murdered: Soul Suspect - Echoing similar sentiments to earlier, I came away quite intrigued from this, it's got the concept and style down at least I thought. It's kind of like LA Noire, with some stealth as you hide away from demons (a little out of place but I guess this game needed something else too and can't just be investigations). One potential pitfall with this however is, similar to LA Noire, the crime scenes did come across as walk around and press a button when you see a prompt, the scenes need to have more depth as the game goes on, or else the crime scenes will just become scavenger hunts for button prompts in the environment.

Final Thoughts - I enjoyed myself at my first Rezzed, but if I came back I don't think I'd do a weekend again, I don't feel there is enough content to pad out 3 days. EGExpo really made me realise how much queueing can pad out your experience, whereas here I felt I seen most of what I wanted in the first day outside of the dev sessions.

Twitch streams are repeated here, I appear in 3 different streams (Alien, the podcast and Volume) so some enterprising detective can figure out which one is me :p

http://www.twitch.tv/egx/profile

Alien Isolation
Also I volunteered to say my thoughts on the game afterwards so my voice may be in some video in the future xD

The "AAA development scene" dude with the Scottish accent? Nice Portal shirt in the Volume panel ;) Great question in the Alien panel, didn't know about the 4 week tech demo. I wish my thoughts were taken on Alien, I was ecstatic towards the PR dude outside asking how it was. Good job!

AHA-Lambda

The "AAA development scene" dude with the Scottish accent? Nice Portal shirt in the Volume panel ;) Great question in the Alien panel, didn't know about the 4 week tech demo. I wish my thoughts were taken on Alien, I was ecstatic towards the PR dude outside asking how it was. Good job!

Yeah that was me xD

The AAA thing was a bit of a running theme of mine, fit the contrast of an indie show though I thought :p

The woman who recorded me said I had a nice voice, I was shocked, most people don't get my scottish accent!

Top Bottom