• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anyone on the manga side has a say when these changes happen, or do they basically sell their souls to the studio. Any Japanese law experts?

It probably depends on how involved the mangaka wants to be with the anime adaptation.

Some work closely, some don't bother and let the studios do want they want.

I imagine most of the time since it is already a boon to even get an anime adaptation (regardless of how bad it is), most mangaka wouldn't be all negative about it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I wonder if anyone on the manga side has a say when these changes happen, or do they basically sell their souls to the studio. Any Japanese law experts?

Sometime the author contribute. I remember an article about Hiromu Arakawa asking studio Bones to make FMA anime (not the brotherhood one) to be different from the manga.

===================================================
Tokyo Hatsu Isekai Yuki

From the creator of Hinamatsuri, come collection of his one shot.

Chapter 1 The Life of Mitamura Sakurako (Alias)
Come another comedy. The story is about a boy who one day transported to another world. He become mage apprentice, and after he died, he reincarnated into a girl.

I don't want to spoil much, but this manga is pure comedy gold

Charade

What do you mean? Sometimes the manga writers contribute designs to the stories and sometimes even have a hand in writing the base plot for original anime events.

Oh I know. I was thinking more in terms of a veto if they see changes they don't like.

I imagine most of the time since it is already a boon to even get an anime adaptation (regardless of how bad it is), most mangaka wouldn't be all negative about it.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard of one publicly denouncing an adaptation. In private though I could see a few of them wringing their hands.

scy

Man that part is so freaking good. Scy hit it.

ohshit I'm late to this

z9aIWfh.png

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Baby Steps 206

nooooooooooooo i ran out of chapters at such a critical moment too :(

one of the best sports mangas in a loooong time

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 0.1, 0.2 & 1

Really enjoying this so far. Yuuko is awesome... you know, for a dead girl.

man, I dunno if this will get a happy romance ending cos of the premise but I really hope it does. Yuuko and Teiichi would make an adorable couple.

Lain

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 0.1, 0.2 & 1

Really enjoying this so far. Yuuko is awesome... you know, for a dead girl.

man, I dunno if this will get a happy romance ending cos of the premise but I really hope it does. Yuuko and Teiichi would make an adorable couple.

One day I'll get to it, but for now I'm happy having watched the anime, which was pretty great.

One day I'll get to it, but for now I'm happy having watched the anime, which was pretty great.

Granted I'm only a few chapters in, but I'm really enjoying it. Love Yuuko, she's awesome. When I finish it I'll watch the anime... providing it has a happy ending, or as happy as possible I guess. I'm bad with tragic stuff.

Suna wo Kizamu Hari 1

The writer seemed excitedly nervous to have five pages in opening colour, though I guess its because endou-kun and a few more are her hit series for that publisher. Curious where this one will go with this clockwork story and its clock obsessed lead and his gradnfather. I wonder if its some supernatural elements with the clock. Oh well looking forward to it.

Destroyed Century JOXER 04

Decently action packed.

Spoof on Titan 17

And now suddenly everyone's an office worker.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 17

Breaking the rules? How scandalous.

ARAIDOKI 17

Catching a kappa with everything but a cucumber.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 18

Taking off the training wheels off one side. What a rebel.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 17

Poor teacher, will forever lose.

In a Heartbeat 16

"There, there"

Logick 14

I wonder if that other girl is gonna win now.

bigkrev

One Piece vol 36-39

Hey, a bunch of stuff happened!

That said, it looks like the final battle of the arc has started, and from Google, I know it goes through vol 45. If this is seriously a 6 volume long boss fight, I might have to kill myself or something.

Marche90

Late impressions, but I've been marathoning Log Horizon since yesterday. Great show, btw

Aunt tits

Shit, son. Now this guy has done it.

Ace of Diamond ch 73 - 75

The shorts at the end of the volume with various fun with writing on each others shirts was hilarious. Kuramochi teasing Eijun was funny, especially the wrestling and then the actual shirt and pudding. He and Eijun provide great comedy whenever things get too serious, can always count on one or the other.

Rin-ne 180

Mayonnaise and chocolate are the sacred treasures.

Rin-ne 181

Otherworld colds could be a super power.

Rin-ne 182

A love story featuring switched faces.

Lain

Futari to Futari 1

Definitely my kind of story.

Started reading /Blush-DC. Well this is certainly outside my normal reading zone.

I'm curious how you ended up reading it.

I'll say that I think it's pretty bad, and I enjoy reading it because I like the art, because it pisses me off and because I'm curious how such a cluster-fuck is gonna end.

Shishunki Bitter Change 06

Still such an interesting chapter. I really do like how this body switch is causing them to now see how the other gender acts and now we get the awkward middle school ages too.

So good.

upandaway

Magi (the real one)

Man, if she's the empress chick, then I can't imagine what happened to cause that.

Then again Ithnan was right there for the speech and look where he went, I guess. Something crazy went down.

Quasar

I'll say that I think it's pretty bad, and I enjoy reading it because I like the art, because it pisses me off and because I'm curious how such a cluster-fuck is gonna end.

It is pretty uncomfortable reading. I do wonder how it will end to. I think it could end great, or at least it could have a 'nice' ending, if given enough time and a writer whose not determine to mine more and more awfulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom