• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome job Jiggy!! :D

modea01_070720h-l.jpg

Linkhero1

Haven't posted in a while, and by while I mean ever since Brawl came out. This thread was great while it lasted. Can't wait for the next Smash Bros. Thread in a couple of years :p

Good work Jiggy

I'll miss this thread.

Goodbye everyone!

gwiz210

Brilliance is all that can describe the idea behind the Dojo. Sometimes it was really the only thing getting me up in the morning and keeping me up late at night :lol The Dojo was truely the best marketing site ever for a game. It always gave me and a friend of mine something to talk about. Sadly its over, but brawl is out and everybody is enjoying it.

That being said, I hope no other developers try to pull this stunt, lets keep it as something we can remember Brawl as. But if Sakurai wants to do a Dojo for...oh say...smash bros 4 hes more than welcome to :D

Edit: Does anyone know what page the sonic update was on? I'd love to read that as I didnt get on neogaf that day.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So this is how the saga ends...

I can't believe we made it through all this. The anticipation and events leading up to release for the game was almost as exciting as the game itself. :(

Oh, and awesome post, Jiggo.

I'm going to miss this thread. All of the item debates, roster speculations, drama over delays, and all of the wild tangents are discussions went off on only to be wrangled back by Sp0rsk's rage.

It was fun guys, happy brawling!

;_;

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Jiggy37 said:
For a new page:

Edit: LOL, beaten by like one second. >_>

:lol Sorry Jiggy, I'll leave the task to you if this thread squeezes out an additional page :lol Just wanted to quickly make sure that got up somewhere near the top of this page. (omg page 1266, post 63256 at this point, how much further can the dojo thread go??)

Still can't believe Sakurai voiced Dedede. Those are some bizzarre grunts he pulled off.

I never really posted here, but I did follow the Dojo religiously and yes, it was quite a ride. So much speculation, bitching, and bannings all in one thread. I don't think anything noteworthy happened to me except for being pissed about the idea of Lucas replacing Ness (which thankfully didn't happen).

And wow @ the quote posts. I'll have to read all that when I have... three hours to spare. :D

Sp0rsk must not be up yet. I figured this thread would be closed by now for sure. You know, there were a few characters I wanted that didn't get in, and I mentioned to of them in my section of the remembrance. But the third is Agent J. I just felt that needed to be said, and either Jigs or Ant deserve the final post. So one of you, post after me.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ezekial45 said:
We'll never have a thread like this ever again.

Until the next smash game

Cant wait for Krystal and Geno in SSB 4.

That should sufficently piss off most of Smash GAF

HK-47 said:
Until the next smash game

Cant wait for Krystal and Geno in SSB 4.

That should sufficently piss off most of Smash GAF

I'm the only one here that would be conflicted. :lol I'm surprised I didn't get more flak then I did.

Jiggy

MrCheez said:
Nate Bihldorff should get the last post... c'mon man we know you're still lurking :eek:
Speaking of this, Nate, if you're still out there, it'd be awesome if you could translate my post into Japanese and send it to Sakurai with GAF's love, and such. :D Don't know if that's even possible at all, but just saying.

Fenix

Jiggy37 said:
Speaking of this, Nate, if you're still out there, it'd be awesome if you could translate my post into Japanese and send it to Sakurai with GAF's love, and such. :D Don't know if that's even possible at all, but just saying.

I'm all for that card idea mentioned in one of the quote posts.

Jiggy

Fenix said:
I'm all for that card idea mentioned in one of the quote posts.
Agreed. For those who didn't want to look through 700 quotes or however many we ended up pulling out in our memorial tribute of love and community, this is what we're talking about:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7434238&postcount=12800

Zeed said:
LegendofJoe said:
Just sending a card to Sakurai would be kind of insensitive. He has a huge team working with him on the game, they deserve just as much credit as he does.
Good point, that. We can address the card to him and his team then. I know someone who can write out a message in Japanese for us, and then I can send the card on to other willing participants. Each person adds a dollar or two to the envelope so that the last person can ship it to Japan. We need:

A) Card (suggestions on the type would be nice)
B) Enough people to contribute enough money to mail it to Japan
C) Their address
Not sure we have any time or place to actually organize it, though, but hey.

Edit: Or try going down from here to see the discussion in more detail:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7433720#post7433720

NeonZ

crowphoenix said:
Sp0rsk must not be up yet. I figured this thread would be closed by now for sure. You know, there were a few characters I wanted that didn't get in, and I mentioned to of them in my section of the remembrance. But the third is Agent J.

I was rather lucky in that sense, the only new character I wanted that didn't make it was Micaiah, every other one made it (Wario, Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, Wolf).

However, I'm still disappointed that Mewtwo isn't in the game (though I always forget about that when I'm actually playing :D ) and Ganondorf didn't receive a complete overall (well, at least, it's possible to make him always start with a beam sword in the Adventure mode thanks to the stickers).

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Actually, if anything, I imagine that it will be sp0rsk that has the last word in this thread. Which I suppose makes sense, as it will be he who locks it for good.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Iam Canadian said:
Actually, if anything, I imagine that it will be sp0rsk that has the last word in this thread. Which I suppose makes sense, as it will be he who locks it for good.

Yep I was actually thinking this too...

Sp0rsk if you do make the last post, you should quote Jiggy's post with all the Quote Hunt links in it :)

Jiggy

By the way, people, like, for serious and all, if you need a way to set up matches really easy, drop by slayn's IRC room. I don't know if he would want me giving the link in a thread this huge with this much traffic, but if you're an actual GAF member rather than a lurker, you can find the link right in the first post of Firestorm's first GAF tournament thread.

No registration required. Pick a name and you're in. At any given time there are at least ten Gaffers in there who like Brawl. Of course, many of them will be idling, but it's still a very easy way to get matches going. Look into it.

Neomoto

Today is a sad day in gaming.

I have not missed one. single. update since the Dojo came to life. It truly is an incredible website, experience and game of epic proportions. Goodbye, and thank you for everyting. One game website I will never forget.

Iam Canadian said:
I've got the Kirby Falcon Punch song on loop in the background. It's the only song fit to close out our beloved Dojo.
Exactly, I did the same thing while reading the last few pages. :)

Dreavus

Iam Canadian said:
I actually want to see what Crushed might post.

Leave it open, sp0rsk.

Yeah, he's probably taking a bunch of awesome screenshots. He's gotta do something with all that time away from GAF. :lol

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Dreavus said:
Yeah, he's probably taking a bunch of awesome screenshots. He's gotta do something with all that time away from GAF. :lol

I'm not sure if he can ever top "Crushed: A History of Plastic Explosives".

PROVE ME WRONG, CRUSHED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom